It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KOCollins: (snip)
Y'know, cereal does sound good right about now... Thanks! :D
orcishgamer: (snip)
Actually, I just think it's my Bipolar Disorder acting up. I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow... Er, later today, rather. btw, your grammar appeared to be fine...
Post edited August 26, 2011 by dmetras
KOCollins: I have found that if I have a small bowl of cereal right before I go to sleep I fall asleep about twice as fast as if I go to bed hungry...Anyways, I hope things get better for you, know that we've all been there, and from my fellow GOGites I wish you pleasant dreams and a nice sleep. :D
I will second that !

However I would also like to add that people should take care not to over-eat before sleep (NOT that it has been suggested here!) because that will probably not be healthy......
KOCollins: I have found that if I have a small bowl of cereal right before I go to sleep I fall asleep about twice as fast as if I go to bed hungry...Anyways, I hope things get better for you, know that we've all been there, and from my fellow GOGites I wish you pleasant dreams and a nice sleep. :D
FiatLux: I will second that !

However I would also like to add that people should take care not to over-eat before sleep (NOT that it has been suggested here!) because that will probably not be healthy......
Agreed. Unfortunately for me, the cereal didn't help. I didn't fall asleep until after 7 a.m. I am so hating this...
For about the last week, I've been dealing with some severe tooth pain. In my upper right wisdom tooth, which is all cracked and messed up due to genetics and poor dental care when I was younger. I've been told I need to have all my wisdom teeth (or what's left of them) removed, which for whatever reason, will require surgery. So I've been putting it off, my family doesn't have the money, and really, I have a high tolerance for pain so I'd rather be in pain then drive us further into the debt cycle. Largely my pain tolerance has been to my long-term health detriment, due to not getting injuries looked at. But this pain coming off the tooth (I rated it a nine out of ten on my scale. For reference my knee injury was a ten) almost had me scheduling an emergency oral surgery to fix it.

Anyway, by and large, it thankfully settled down. Nothing some peroxide and pills wasn't dealing with. Earlier tonight (Or last night depending on how you look at it), I started feeling really bad. Felt extremely tired, lethargic, and kind of queasy. I decided to lay down and figured I'd sleep it off.

I woke up an hour later and my everything was exploding with pain. My knees hurt, my neck hurt, my chest hurt, my head heart, and I found I had intense throbbing pain in not only my upper right wisdom tooth but also in my bottom left wisdom tooth area. I stumbled into the bathroom, and while brushing with peroxide, I found my infection has spread from my upper right wisdom tooth and the surrounding teeth to deep within my bottom left wisdom tooth (which is also messed up) and my root canal'd tooth from a few months ago. Peroxided the hell out my teeth, and took some medication I had left over from my root canal, so I'm fine now.

I'm a little worried. Tooth Pain/Infected Teeth I can largely deal with. But if this tooth situation is getting to the point that it's actually going to start affecting my health? That seems kind of dangerous to me. I wouldn't think an infected tooth could actually harm your body, but apparently it can. Hopefully it won't come to needing to rush into that surgery or medical treatment and I can just take it down with my own care.
Well, it seems my 8800 GT has kicked the bucket. Damn solid card, that. Oughta be a legend by now amongst graphics cards. Sadly, my laptop is a less than adequate replacement - the CPU and RAM are up there with the desktop, but the GPU is integrated and it's running Vista 32 - meaning I can't actually make use of the specs. I can't even play Jade Empire without heavy slowdown!

And, of course, I have no money to spare for a new card. I guess I'll have to catch up on my console backlog for the next couple of months.
Hawk52: *snip*
Makes me grateful for living in Finland, since I'm going to have all of my wisdom teeth removed for next to no money at all. I would probably get rid of them in any case, since at least two of them are growing literally sideways, and I occasionally get a really weird feeling in my jaw. It's more annoying and uncomfortable than painful, but no way I'm going to put up with it for the rest of my life.

Anyway, best wishes for you and your molars.
Hawk52: For about the last week, I've been dealing with some severe tooth pain. In my upper right wisdom tooth, which is all cracked and messed up due to genetics and poor dental care when I was younger. I've been told I need to have all my wisdom teeth (or what's left of them) removed, which for whatever reason, will require surgery.

snip ----------------------------------

I'm a little worried. Tooth Pain/Infected Teeth I can largely deal with. But if this tooth situation is getting to the point that it's actually going to start affecting my health? That seems kind of dangerous to me. I wouldn't think an infected tooth could actually harm your body, but apparently it can. Hopefully it won't come to needing to rush into that surgery or medical treatment and I can just take it down with my own care.
Hi , very sorry to hear about your predicament. From what you write then you obviously ought to have your dental problem dealt with surgically as soon as possible. Alas I am unable to help you myself (in fact I have plenty to struggle with myself as is). The only think I can do is to suggest that you explore all possibilities that may help you to get your problem solved....

I do not know if any of these links will be able to help you (or if you qualify for help through any of the listings) , but if not then I hope that someone here in this forum knows more about your possibilities for help in the U.S. than I do. Also , help offered may vary from state to state
depending on the actions of the state itself.

Free Medical Clinics, Free Dental Clinics, Free Medical Help All over USA
http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/

Medicaid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid

https://www.cms.gov/home/medicaid.asp

Free Dental Work Dental Health Magazine
http://worldental.org/free-dental/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not any help here but info on the general situation :

Millions of Americans Lack Access to Dental Care Report - Health News - Health_com
http://news.health.com/2011/07/13/millions-of-americans-lack-access-to-dental-care-report/

http://tips4dentalcare.com/2011/07/27/millions-americans-proper-dental-care/
Post edited August 27, 2011 by FiatLux
Hawk52: For about the last week, I've been dealing with some severe tooth pain. In my upper right wisdom tooth, which is all cracked and messed up due to genetics and poor dental care when I was younger. I've been told I need to have all my wisdom teeth (or what's left of them) removed, which for whatever reason, will require surgery.

snip ----------------------------------

FiatLux: Hi , very sorry to hear about your predicament. From what you write then you obviously ought to have your dental problem dealt with surgically as soon as possible. Alas I am unable to help you myself (in fact I have plenty to struggle with myself as is). The only think I can do is to suggest that you explore all possibilities that may help you to get your problem solved....

I do not know if any of these links will be able to help you (or if you qualify for help through any of the listings) , but if not then I hope that someone here in this forum knows more about your possibilities for help in the U.S. than I do. Also , help offered may vary from state to state
depending on the actions of the state itself.

Free Medical Clinics, Free Dental Clinics, Free Medical Help All over USA
http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/

Medicaid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicaid

https://www.cms.gov/home/medicaid.asp

Free Dental Work Dental Health Magazine
http://worldental.org/free-dental/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not any help here but info on the general situation :

Millions of Americans Lack Access to Dental Care Report - Health News - Health_com
http://news.health.com/2011/07/13/millions-of-americans-lack-access-to-dental-care-report/

http://tips4dentalcare.com/2011/07/27/millions-americans-proper-dental-care/
Thanks. We actually do have some form of insurance through my mother's work. So it's not that bad. We could be worse off.

The reason why I don't rush to do it though, is I found out recently that we've been pretty much living off credit cards for the last few years. I think things are better now, but I can't assist financially much, and I refuse to put us any further in debt.

But there's only so much you can do being stubborn. If the pain gets to be too much or I start having serious health related issues, there isn't much I can do but have it done. :(
Hawk52: But there's only so much you can do being stubborn. If the pain gets to be too much or I start having serious health related issues, there isn't much I can do but have it done. :(
I absolutely understand , and I think that you "act bravely" for the sake of your family.
But two things :
1) Long term pain and stress may actually give you other ailments .
2) Though having your tooth problem fixed may be a strain on your familys economy then however IF YOU have the attitude that family is a unit then you should understand that if "you breaks more down" because of pain then your family is in a worse situation, and also if you are in a good shape/condition then you are also much better able to GIVE BACK to your family SHOULD YOU desire to do so !!!!!
Post edited August 27, 2011 by FiatLux
AlKim: Makes me grateful for living in Finland, since I'm going to have all of my wisdom teeth removed for next to no money at all. I would probably get rid of them in any case, since at least two of them are growing literally sideways, and I occasionally get a really weird feeling in my jaw. It's more annoying and uncomfortable than painful, but no way I'm going to put up with it for the rest of my life.
Good luck trying, hope you succeed. Depends also on the municipality.

I had problems with my wisdom teeth many years ago, and luckily I was able to get a time for a checkup in municipal dentist (an important hint! When they ask you in the phone "Does it hurt?", remember to answer "Yes, very much! It is unbearable!!! Ouchie...", regardless of whether it is true or not. Otherwise they will offer you a time in maybe your next life or the one after that.).

Anyway, they agreed that maybe something needs to be done especially with the lower wisdom teeth, but tried to persuade me "Actually you should go to a private clinic...". When I asked why, they couldn't tell. Seems to me they were just told by their bosses to tell people to go to private (especially if they see in the papers that you are not unemployed or "poor"), but I pay my heavy taxes and know my rights, damn it!

Anyway, I got a time for municipal clinic, all four wisdom teeth were taken out in two phases, first two from right, and a few weeks later two from the left. The lower ones needed surgery, they had to be cut out in pieces.

Anyway, I do not want to think what it would have cost me if I had had to go to private clinic.
Post edited August 27, 2011 by timppu
Hawk52: The reason why I don't rush to do it though, is I found out recently that we've been pretty much living off credit cards for the last few years. I think things are better now, but I can't assist financially much, and I refuse to put us any further in debt.

But there's only so much you can do being stubborn. If the pain gets to be too much or I start having serious health related issues, there isn't much I can do but have it done. :(
I'm 99% sure that the longer you wait, the more it will cost. I think it will get just worse and worse if you don't treat it ASAP.

I also thought that maybe I could live with my wisdom teeth, but when I finally got them removed (lower ones needed surgery because they had no room to grow out properly, which is what caused them problems), the dentist said something like "About time you got them fixed, there was some nasty pus pouring out of your gum when I simply gave you the anesthesia tine...".

If your wisdom tooth (usually the lower ones) have no room to grow out, it is important to get them out soon because the longer you wait, the deeper they grow (because the only direction they can grow is down, towards your jaw bone). If the roots grow deep enough around the nerves in your lower jaw, the nerves may get damaged when you finally have to remove the teeth, which at worst case may mean you lose touch in your lower jaw and lip (but hey, you'll survive).

In my case they took X-rays from the lower wisdom teeth beforehand, but couldn't tell for sure if my nerves would be in danger. All is well, it went ok and I still feel with my lower lip. :)

Also, in general the older you are, the faster the wisdow teeth may be rooted (kind of ossify themselves into your jaw, as far as I've been told by a dentist). My mother didn't get her wisdom teeth out until she was quite old, and it took quite awhile to get them out.
It feels stupid to bitch because many others seem to have so bigger problems, but still:

Today I thought I saw a sweeeet deal in a store: Medal of Honor Allied Assault Warchest (budget release) with both expansion packs, for mere 4.90€! I couldn't possibly pass that, good old FPS compilation for a couple of bucks!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/medal-of-honor-allied-assault-war-chest

...except that when I returned home, I realized I had bought "Medal of Honor: 10th Anniversary" compilation maybe two months ago for around 9.90€, which already includes all the games in the Warchest.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/medal-of-honor-10th-anniversary

God damn it, I sure hate it when the publishers are able to trick me into buying the same game several times! I think the reason was that I got mixed up with Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games, ie. I though the "10th Anniversary" I already had was for CoD games or something, because certainly the stores would not sell such overlapping compilations, right...? Damn, should have checked!

I know, it was only 5 euros, but I could have used that money to buy some GoG game instead. Oh well, one more game to the shelf, at least I have an extra copy now...

There is one CD game that I've bought twice in purpose many many years ago: Rage of Mages. IIRC, I originally bought the European version from some bargain bin, but then I read somewhere the Euro version has some unfixed game killing bug that makes that game impossible to be completed. Thus, when I later saw the US version also on some shelf, I bought it too. Since then I've had two separate physical copies of Rage of Mages (US and Euro version), no idea if the game is really worth that kind of special treatment.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/rage-of-mages
timppu: I know, it was only 5 euros, but I could have used that money to buy some GoG game instead. Oh well, one more game to the shelf, at least I have an extra copy now...
You could minimise your losses by sticking it on huuto.net or trade it in when you buy something from a second-hand shop. That's what I do to games that I no longer want.
timppu: It feels stupid to bitch because many others seem to have so bigger problems, but still:

Snip ------------------------

God damn it, I sure hate it when the publishers are able to trick me into buying the same game several times! I think the reason was that I got mixed up with Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games, ie. I though the "10th Anniversary" I already had was for CoD games or something, because certainly the stores would not sell such overlapping compilations, right...? Damn, should have checked!
If you have a friend you like that doesn't have the game then you could use it as a gift.

Alternatively, if the game is multiplayer and can play over lan then you could use it for lan games in your own home if you have two PCs
BTW, I would gift the MoH: Warchest to anyone who wants to play it, if it was possible. :) But sorry, I couldn't be arsed to post it anywhere or anything, so someone would have to pick it from me. Maybe some poor relative of mine wants it, I dunno...

EDIT: Wow, FiatLux was reading my mind, but frankly I don't have that many PC-gaming friends, only a couple, but one of them is not interested in FPS games (only flight sims and a bit of RPG, the little he plays), and the other has probably already played this game. But the multiplayer thingie is a good point, maybe I'll keep it for that.