It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teceem: Are you talking about games? Do have a list of games that need a more recent version of Windows 10? That don't even work in the first W10 release (1503?)?
No, I never bothered about finding such, since over the years I learned that sitting on old software is no good and keep my system up to date.

Edit: With games the problem might not be visible anyway, since a lot of people still use Win7 and 8, the games are designed to run on those.
You will only encounter problems like missing or incompatible DLLs (for example directinput)
Post edited November 24, 2022 by neumi5694
neumi5694: No, I never bothered about finding such, since over the years I learned that sitting on old software is no good and keep my system up to date.
That's... deep... dude.
Just to make this clear I don't want to say that updates aren't good. I just want to control when and what updates I install. And I would definitely not install hardware drivers in the background while playing.
I want to control what happens on my system and not let it be controlled by someone else, especially a fucking corporation.
After all these years of being extra cautious, I finally caught covid this week and been sick as f__k these last three days. Worst part is that I'm 99% certain I caught it from my family doctor, of all people! Extreme coughing, an unbearable migraine, muscle aches and heavy fatigue. I believe that my vaccination booster shots have helped me fight the worst of it, as I have not developed any fever nor any respiratory difficulties, thank goodness. But, still, it's been a rough ride. I hate being sick. Only now am I slowly feeling better. The idiots at my job wanted me to show up at work, but I said I was too sick to do anything. "But we've got nobody to replace you!" I told them that I did not choose to become sick and that I did not wish this upon me, but that I needed to focus my energies on getting better. I felt guilty about letting my colleagues down and at the same time, I felt angry at myself for feeling guilty! I am sick. I should not feel guilty about that! I come first, work comes second. Period.

Edit: I forgot to mention total loss of smell. This is kind of freaking me out. Did not realize how important smell is to me until I lost it. :( Hope it comes back.
Post edited December 02, 2022 by matterbandit
Grohe, never buy! I have now seen three taps of that brand and all were leaking within a few years of installation.
With great power comes great cooling noise.
Saw, in the title of what I believe is an obvious spam post, a plus sign followed by a rather large number without any punctuation. How is someone supposed to make use of such a number, particularly since it's hard to parse without any commas or other separators?

(The title of the spam post in question also mentions something that's rather politically charged at the moment, so I'm not going to link to it, even aside from the fact that it's obvious spam.)
dtgreene:
Sounds like a phone number in international format and IF one is surfing on a mobile, they usually offer you to easily lift a phone number out and use that. The plus sign stands for whatever code you need to dial out of the country you are currently in but once again, the mobiles and networks of today will understand the plus and substitute it with one of the needed codes, not necessarily the cheapest option for you though.
So can i bitch how someone used my new debit card from the bank which i only used at 2 ATM without me even putting it on the net and it somehow deducted money from me for online payments which i noticed the same day that Liqpay 1,05eu which then converted some days later to some uah value and some site mol*game mania webshop 14,99 eu.
I mean sheesh good thing i noticed it the same day and went and blocked my card on the bank.
I didn't know what happened to these events but i asked around the net and in the bank the told me even if they knew my email or some app where i only see my bank money status that wasn't activated for paying there on the app.
So maybe it really was skimmers from someone who told me on the net, when i was at the bank i still didn't know what the skimmers are. Since i didn't know about it before. So how else would i explain the sudden money deduction online.
I only used paysafecards for online payments.
And both of those adresses i had no idea what they were.
Still waiting for my bank to call me.
Post edited December 22, 2022 by Fonzer
Bitch about life? Fine.

There was recently an explosion near where I live that levelled a building (not an exageration, it's rubble). This killed 9 people and put 40 more out of their homes, right before Christmas. (A quick search for St Helier Explosion should remove any doubts about whether on not this is real). At about the same time there was a nearby boat collision that killed 3 more.

On top of this one of my elderly friends who has been dealing with dementia has gone rapidly downhill over the last few days and another is currently fighting terminal bone cancer.

The fact I can't do a thing about any of this, and that I also know there are people far worse off, has added to the rest of what I have going on in my life and has left me in a state where I can feel almost nothing.

Still, got to laugh, eh?
Had to cancel what little christmas plans there were this year, but since I didn't go christmas shopping and I'd rather be in my own home anyway, not much of a loss. Doesn't help that we're not doing it in the usual place, so I felt even less comfortable going. I will instead enjoy my weekend off.

Winwood113: Bitch about life? Fine.

There was recently an explosion near where I live that levelled a building (not an exageration, it's rubble). This killed 9 people and put 40 more out of their homes, right before Christmas. (A quick search for St Helier Explosion should remove any doubts about whether on not this is real). At about the same time there was a nearby boat collision that killed 3 more.

On top of this one of my elderly friends who has been dealing with dementia has gone rapidly downhill over the last few days and another is currently fighting terminal bone cancer.

The fact I can't do a thing about any of this, and that I also know there are people far worse off, has added to the rest of what I have going on in my life and has left me in a state where I can feel almost nothing.

Still, got to laugh, eh?
Damn man, reminds me of the story of that one kid who killed his entire family for life insurance to pay off his loan shark around christmas. Obviously, the damage of your story is more severe, but peace is hard to come by for everyone, it seems.
I really fucking hate call girls in Dubai.
Eighteen days into the New Year and I've already got 2 funerals to attend before the month ends. :/ I'm not bothered by the presence of dead bodies in an open casket, but I am quite unfond of extravagant pretentious displays and everyone attempting to impress one another with who's the best dressed. Plus, I'm not looking forward to mingling with extended family with whom I've got no affinity. Small talk drives me mad.
I have no choice but to endure my new kitten's constant complaints over not being pregnant because she refuses above all else to even be touched, so there's no hope short of a trapdoor cage to get her to the vet for a good fixing.
It's the middle of the week and the GOG staff are nowhere to be seen.

It's not the 6th of January, so unless they all went to Wednesday Mass, I'd like to know where the hell they are.