It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: Edit2: thats not about yer mam, just a generalisation of connection! O____o
LOL! xD
Sachys: Very true!
Got ahold of my uncle John (actually a family friend, but really extended family in that way) last year. Had a great chat with him - he was moving just round the corner into assisted living and looking forwards to new life after stagnating some years.
Died of a heart attack a few days later. Never did get to ask them all i wanted to know (they were a WW2 vet and well known archaeologist among other things) but i did get to make the call. Thats something.

Now if you'll excuse me i think somebody is cutting onions...
A WW2 veteran and archaeologist? That's really special. I also had the privilege, if only for a very short while, to know an 'uncle' who fought in WW2 (coincidentally also a close family friend). I once sat down next to him as he was paging through a coffee table type book on WW2, and upon recognizing one of the hand held anti tank weapons, made a remark about how they blew up some citrus trees with it in Italy xD

You're of course right, there's so much more one would like to have known / talked about, but any conversation is something at least.
Matewis: A WW2 veteran and archaeologist? That's really special.
Aye! Strange how we never spoke on the latter as I also worked as an archaeologist (and for the same trust).
low rated
Sachys: Aye! Strange how we never spoke on the latter as I also worked as an archaeologist (and for the same trust).
Do you also wear a fedora and carry a whip, by any chance? Or are those non standard issue? ;)
Also do you have a fear of snakes and/or rats(inquiring minds want to know!)?

=-=-=-=

To the thread:

I also had a bad day & I spoke a bit more heated that I should've to an online acquaintance when we last spoke. Suffice it to say I thought some time apart was best, so I decided to give them such for at least the next week or so.

That's about it.
Post edited June 22, 2021 by GamezRanker
A former classmate has been acting peculiar on Facebook lately. He claims "they're" secretly poisoning the water supply in order to make everyone sick. He says it'd actually be safer to drink directly from a septic tank. Whenever I try to talk him out of that nonsense, he says I'm the crazy one. Oh well.
lanipcga: A former classmate has been acting peculiar on Facebook lately. He claims "they're" secretly poisoning the water supply in order to make everyone sick. He says it'd actually be safer to drink directly from a septic tank. Whenever I try to talk him out of that nonsense, he says I'm the crazy one. Oh well.
You can try street epistemology:
https://streetepistemology.com/

In particular, maybe try asking why your friend believes "they're" poisoning the water supply?
dtgreene: In particular, maybe try asking why your friend believes "they're" poisoning the water supply?
Because someone said so on the dark web, apparently. I can't believe this is the same guy I'd play hotseat with when we were kids in the '90s.
More mundane complaints:
So I have a waffle iron and have been using it quite a bit the last four months and yesterday I cleaned it to stow it away until the next waffle eating period comes around. The I found the power cord was damaged and looking closer at it I came to the conclusion that

the waffle iron's power cord's outer rubber layer dissolves in oil. Why the rrrghghg would you use such a cord for an oil dripping appliance?! Grrrr!

Whereever there was oil, the rubber was all like soft glue, sticky and nasty and almost running.
low rated
Themken: the waffle iron's power cord's outer rubber layer dissolves in oil. Why the rrrghghg would you use such a cord for an oil dripping appliance?! Grrrr!

Whereever there was oil, the rubber was all like soft glue, sticky and nasty and almost running.
Was the oil that did it hot at the time? If so, it might just be that the cord's rubber casing is possibly sensitive to hot temperatures.
Themken: the waffle iron's power cord's outer rubber layer dissolves in oil. Why the rrrghghg would you use such a cord for an oil dripping appliance?! Grrrr!

GamezRanker: Was the oil that did it hot at the time? If so, it might just be that the cord's rubber casing is possibly sensitive to hot temperatures.
By the time it hits the cord it is only warm at the most and when I cleaned it, the iron was cold but several parts were gluey and not only near the iron but other spots too. Waffle making is messy business and the grease spreads a bit.

I think I might change the cord. Dad should have some spares somewhere. Guess I could put a piece of foil around the cord nearest the iron.
Post edited June 24, 2021 by Themken
low rated
Themken: By the time it hits the cord it is only warm at the most and when I cleaned it, the iron was cold but several parts were gluey and not only near the iron but other spots too. Waffle making is messy business and the grease spreads a bit.
I hear ya on cooking being messy.

Themken: I think I might change the cord. Dad should have some spares somewhere. Guess I could put a piece of foil around the cord nearest the iron.
Yeah, sounds good.....use a more durable cord, or wrap the cord in something....or both.
Went to the dentist today for the first time after the pandemic and now my teeth hurt- they didn't before.
It's days like today that I'm glad I no longer watch WWE.
Trying very hard to resist the urge to jump in the car and go and get myself some cheese Pringles...
If I can hold on a few more hours, the curfew will kick in and save me
low rated
Matewis: Trying very hard to resist the urge to jump in the car and go and get myself some cheese Pringles...
If I can hold on a few more hours, the curfew will kick in and save me
*GR tosses can of pringles to Matewis....sadly it lands in the sea*