It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

le_chevalier: I couldn't login. I knew this very early. I even noticed that I got notification email that my password has been changed. The IP from Canada...that didn't ring my bell. Christen is from the US.
I've self-locked my account.
I can't do anything else until Steam Support takes over.
how the hell did they change your password? - did you give them account credentials? - did you download anything? - or sign in via steam api on a third party site?

Edit FWIW Ive added a nickname to you in steam chat - so if they overhaul your profile you wont just vanish in a sea of constantly changing names and i can keep tabs.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by Sachys
le_chevalier: I couldn't login. I knew this very early. I even noticed that I got notification email that my password has been changed. The IP from Canada...that didn't ring my bell. Christen is from the US.
I've self-locked my account.
I can't do anything else until Steam Support takes over.
Sachys: how the hell did they change your password? - did you give them account credentials? - did you download anything? - or sign in via steam api on a third party site?
First they told me to sign out. Everywhere, browser, client. They wanted me to lose access to my account.
Then they asked me to remove my authenticator.
They said "A verification code was sent to 50". That was the last two digits of my phone. They didn't know the full number. I think that's a verification code to remove the authenticator.
They also didn't know my full email address: "l_**@y**.c". But both the last numbers and partial address are visible if you gain access to my account. They also asked verification code sent to my email. Needs both to remove.
They asked my age and owner of my payment method.
"This account are temporary ban right now since we detect that your old id in this account are ban right now and we need a new one". Their grammar wasn't even correct, but maybe it's online chat.
"Inorder to get a new purchase id is to buy steam wallet gift card code worth of 50$ but don't worry this is refunded after the verification process okay". First they asked $50.
Then they asked for more after I sent the first code: "We received only 36% inorder to get a new purchase id is to reach 100%
So can you please try to buy again".
And again and again.
le_chevalier:
URF!

well, at least anybody happening on this thread and seeing these posts may wise up.

on that note, i do suggest you run that email through https://haveibeenpwned.com/ - itll tell you if theres been a blanket "hack" of data from your provider etc (my guess is they got you to log out and you have a cross-password from a breach).

i also suggest everybody do the same (and sign up the mailing list). feel free to investigate the site further of course, but its served me well over the last couple of years or so.

Edit: actually i once got an email saying somebody was trying to log into my steam account from canada (2fa stopped it) then the next day got an alert about a breach from my email provider. looking back, that was lucky on both counts.
le_chevalier:
Sachys: URF!

well, at least anybody happening on this thread and seeing these posts may wise up.

on that note, i do suggest you run that email through https://haveibeenpwned.com/ - itll tell you if theres been a blanket "hack" of data from your provider etc (my guess is they got you to log out and you have a cross-password from a breach).

i also suggest everybody do the same (and sign up the mailing list). feel free to investigate the site further of course, but its served me well over the last couple of years or so.

Edit: actually i once got an email saying somebody was trying to log into my steam account from canada (2fa stopped it) then the next day got an alert about a breach from my email provider. looking back, that was lucky on both counts.
Thanks. I've changed my email password successfully. I didn't lose access to it. Found 9 breaches though, no paste.
Post edited August 26, 2020 by le_chevalier
le_chevalier: Found 9 breaches though, no paste.
oof! thats a few - but then when i first tried my two main emails in there I had about as many i think

well, im offski (gone 5am here). keep me updated as you can. inabit!
le_chevalier: Found 9 breaches though, no paste.
Sachys: oof! thats a few - but then when i first tried my two main emails in there I had about as many i think

well, im offski (gone 5am here). keep me updated as you can. inabit!
Yea, I haven't slept as well. I will update.
Well, I have an expander plate placed in the upper arch of my jaw. Cannot speak and the weekly zoom meetings are driving me crazy. Communicating with my colleagues is difficult, and I do it only via text.

I have body dysmorphic disorder and avoid being on camera as well. At 34, I am at the peak of a mid-life crisis.

How many of you still have your jobs?

I feel increasingly insecure every day. Things are uncertain and there are no unemployment benefits programs here in my country.
low rated
le_chevalier: I'm contacting support now.
Good to see you're working on it...I hope you get everything back in order.

(This reminds me of those fake "MS support" screens that pop up on some sites. A family member once got one and almost gave the scammer on the other end of the phone their card info, but thankfully I stopped their call before that could happen)
Post edited August 26, 2020 by GameRacer
low rated
Lionel212008: I have body dysmorphic disorder and avoid being on camera as well. At 34, I am at the peak of a mid-life crisis.
That sucks to hear.

I am somewhat close to that age...and while I don't have that particular problem, I was(at one point in my life) moderately image conscious to the point where I didn't hang around other people much.

Now I just try my best to go out and be around others as much as I can, and try not to focus on how others might perceive me(my words, ideas, and look).
Post edited August 26, 2020 by GameRacer
Just saw a spam topic title that had a plus sign, a couple digits, a minus sign, and then a whole bunch of digits with nothing to separate them into manageable chunks. How are people supposed to work with such numbers?
Lionel212008: I have body dysmorphic disorder and avoid being on camera as well. At 34, I am at the peak of a mid-life crisis.
GameRacer: That sucks to hear.

I am somewhat close to that age...and while I don't have that particular problem, I was(at one point in my life) moderately image conscious to the point where I didn't hang around other people much.

Now I just try my best to go out and be around others as much as I can, and try not to focus on how others might perceive me(my words, ideas, and look).
I can meet people just fine. Just that I tend to get very self-conscious when I am required to be on camera.

I have no problems being social face to face. Just on camera. It's super strange, I know.
le_chevalier:
it appears your account is no longer community banned over there and is intact
Post edited August 27, 2020 by Sachys
The part of pate that has green goo or something else stuck on it.
le_chevalier:
Sachys: it appears your account is no longer community banned over there and is intact
Yes, I found about that yesterday. The Support has responded, gave me password to unlock my account, which I haven't. I browse my inventory, all there. I haven't checked my balance though, a bit depressed.

I thought the scammer probably going to buy something using my account. I don't know their Steam account, because all contact is through Discord. I've reported the account on Discord but I haven't heard back.
Post edited August 28, 2020 by le_chevalier
Sachys: it appears your account is no longer community banned over there and is intact
le_chevalier: Yes, I found about that yesterday. The Support has responded, gave me password to unlock my account, which I haven't. I browse my inventory, all there. I haven't checked my balance though, a bit depressed.

I thought the scammer probably going to buy something using my account. I don't know their Steam account, because all contact is through Discord. I've reported the account on Discord but I haven't heard back.
well, make sure to try and redeem all those wallet codes at least asap