It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
bluethief: My grandmother (father's mom) has it too. My dad has moments where he cries because he knows something is wrong with his memory. And because of this knowledge he gets angrier and closes himself even more.
That is.....words cannot begin to say how bad that is.

At least with other diseases one usually keeps some semblance of self....with this one(and similar ones) once can forget almost everything and possibly even act like a different person....scary to think about.
GameRager: That is.....words cannot begin to say how bad that is.

At least with other diseases one usually keeps some semblance of self....with this one(and similar ones) once can forget almost everything and possibly even act like a different person....scary to think about.
My dad is clearly not the man he was.

I now must prepare myself for the day he inevitably won't recognise me, nor my son.
bluethief: My grandmother (father's mom) has it too. My dad has moments where he cries because he knows something is wrong with his memory. And because of this knowledge he gets angrier and closes himself even more.
GameRager: That is.....words cannot begin to say how bad that is.

Yeah. In my family all my aunts or cousins (females) are dead because of alzheimer or cancer. The last victim was my sister fife years ago. She had lung cancer. She fought three and a half years for her live. The last year she had only two goals, turnig 60 and dance with her husband one last time and see her grandkid(her daughter was pregnant at the time).
Both goals she accomplished. six month after turning 60 she died at home. I have never seen a stronger person than my sister. Never seen anyone with more resolve and willpower than her. She is my hero.
low rated
bluethief: My dad is clearly not the man he was.

I now must prepare myself for the day he inevitably won't recognise me, nor my son.
This is very saddening to hear.....know(for what it's worth) that you will be in my prayers for the next few days at least.

=========================

hollibolli1970: Yeah. In my family all my aunts or cousins (females) are dead because of alzheimer or cancer. The last victim was my sister fife years ago. She had lung cancer. She fought three and a half years for her live. The last year she had only two goals, turnig 60 and dance with her husband one last time and see her grandkid(her daughter was pregnant at the time).
Both goals she accomplished. six month after turning 60 she died at home. I have never seen a stronger person than my sister. Never seen anyone with more resolve and willpower than her. She is my hero.
My mother kept fighting till the end as well.....more mentally and with good spirits and laughter than physically, but she still put in a good effort.

That said, I will also pray that you will keep up your good spirits and have as many good moments as possible for all your days.
Post edited June 02, 2020 by GameRager
bluethief: My dad is clearly not the man he was.

GameRager: This is very saddening to hear.....know(for what it's worth) that you will be in my prayers for the next few days at least.

=========================

hollibolli1970: Yeah. In my family all my aunts or cousins (females) are dead because of alzheimer or cancer. The last victim was my sister fife years ago. She had lung cancer. She fought three and a half years for her live. The last year she had only two goals, turnig 60 and dance with her husband one last time and see her grandkid(her daughter was pregnant at the time).
GameRager: My mother kept fighting till the end as well.....more mentally and with good spirits and laughter than physically, but she still put in a good effort.

That said, I will also pray that you will keep up your good spirits and have as many good moments as possible for all your days.
Thank you, you too. I learnd an important lesson back then. There is no point in giving up.
low rated
hollibolli1970: I learnd an important lesson back then. There is no point in giving up.
Well yes...well unless one is giving up on giving up that is. :)

Have a good day/month/year...as for me: Gonna go play some games, watch some old movies and shows(and some new ones), walk outside in the fresh air(good weather so I might as well enjoy it), and otherwise enjoy life. :)
high rated
bluethief: My dad is 61 years old and was diagnosis with Alzheimer. He still recognises people, but is becoming more and more apathetic as time goes by. He's been getting quieter, losing vocabulary, and is becoming more dependent.

There are days when he seems "fine" and you can talk to him and he accepts doing things, other days he doesn't care about anything, says he'd better of dead and it's really difficult do deal with him. Fortunately, he hasn't been aggressive.

My dad always loved kids. Whenever there were kids around, he was there giving them attention, playing with them. Now he has a grandson, my son, 3 years old, and is the kid he gives less attention and plays less with, due to his illness. Life really is ironic.
I'm sorry to hear this.

My mother is in her 80's and after a stroke (multiple) has slowly lost much of her memory, vocabulary, and interest in life. She used to be quite vocal and alive but now talking on the phone is almost like pulling teeth -- even then not knowing whether she's processing half of what's being said. I try to get her interested in her old hobbies, but nothing. Whether through frustration, depression, or a failing mind (or all the above), she is distancing herself from me, my dad, and life. It's heartbreaking.

I know this isn't exactly the same as your situation... but your experiences with your dad really resonated. 61 sounds so young for these problems.

Take good care and spend as much time as you can while you can with your Dad. Wish there was more I could say....
krugos2: Sorry to hear about your cousin, I hope she gets better and fully recovers from the partial paralysis, and while she remains hospitalized I hope the COVID-19 preventive measures may become more flexible soon so her other family members are able to visit her. Best wishes!
Thank you. :)

GameRager: That's insane....if you all live in the same house imo you should at least be able to visit her one at a time for a short period.
Yeah, that's what surprised us the most: the dad, brother and grandpa all live in the same house! So why the measures? Makes more sense to restrict non-immediate family members, like me.
Post edited June 02, 2020 by matterbandit
hollibolli1970, GameRager and kai2, thank you all for your words and for sharing your experiences as well. I really appreciate it. Moving on is always difficult but we owe it to the people we lost, to the people we have and for ourselves too. When our time comes, we too want our loved ones to go on with their lives.

I wish we all stay strong and have good lives.
low rated
matterbandit: Yeah, that's what surprised us the most: the dad, brother and grandpa all live in the same house! So why the measures? Makes more sense to restrict non-immediate family members, like me.
That's one thing I dislike about all this.....the measures taken have been so haphazard and uneven....some places go too far, and some don't seem to go far enough, and with all the different measures one has to remember for different places(to enter and use their services, etc) it can be nothing short of confusing sometimes.

===========================

bluethief: hollibolli1970, GameRager and kai2, thank you all for your words and for sharing your experiences as well. I really appreciate it. Moving on is always difficult but we owe it to the people we lost, to the people we have and for ourselves too. When our time comes, we too want our loved ones to go on with their lives.

I wish we all stay strong and have good lives.
Good words....well said. Thanks as well for them and your well wishes.
Post edited June 02, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
(Link above is to my blog quicktopics)
Post edited June 09, 2020 by GameRager
Try not to post links to off site crap.
low rated

Totally in line with the rules, chum.

(I even asked staffers about it in the past to make sure it was ok, and they said it was all good)

That said, how in heck did you find this post so quickly? You following ME around? o.0

================================
Post edited June 09, 2020 by GameRager

GameRager: Totally in line with the rules, chum.

(I even asked staffers about it in the past to make sure it was ok, and they said it was all good)

That said, how in heck did you find this post so quickly? You following ME around? o.0

================================
GameRager:
Instead of making out that it's a post in this forum, you slyly link it to your outside crap.So, chappie do the right thing and state it in your posts that it isn't Gog's forum but to the BS link outside of Gog.
low rated
I don't use any method of hiding where my links go, so anyone can hover over the link to see where it leads.

That said, I forgot to add my usual bit about where the link leads(which I do on most links I post, btw), so to be fair and open I will append that bit.