It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GameRager:
I've been sceptical of same of the more extreme rumours about the situation in China, but by any account it's clear that much of the country (maybe about half of the population) is under lockdown, with extreme quarantine measures being taken (still not clear if this has dropped the rate of infection low enough so that the virus won't spread anymore, it's apparently hyper-contagious, and can be spread by asymptomatic carriers).
The Italians are apparently now also intending to quarantine the three towns in Northern Italy where people have gotten ill.
imo it's clear that this thing is going to spread all over Europe in the coming weeks (or rather, it probably already has), really terrifies me. I don't get how so many people can be so complacent about it, the media in Germany at least still don't feature it prominently.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by morolf
low rated
Italy is invaded by Korona-virus. Tsk tsk. It escalated fast. I don't like the look of things, or even worse, where it's going.

Mostly not for me, but for others. A person i still really care about, usually and frequently travels there, together with a person i hate, but that's that.

I can rely on my tricks to stay safe myself, but this won't do...
Post edited February 23, 2020 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Went on a date with this girl on Friday. We wanted to smoke up and since I could not get any hashish, marijuana it was. She is remarkably beautiful, like a gothic fairy tale, and resembles the description of Carmilla from the novel. In a sense, we are mirror images and yet we are distinctly different I am 33 and she is 30. We both look remarkably young, due to our obsessive regimens, and have strong jawlines. Mine is of course stronger than hers.

I havd ADHD and so does she. It was our 4th date and a disaster. Smoking up Marijuana was a bad idea as she got high (she ingested the smoke completely) while I didn't. Hours were spent with me staring vaccously at empty space. While she kept rambling on, and marijuana amplified her social anxiety symptoms. We had to cut it short and she wanted to go to the nearby mall alone (because it is colourful). I was pissed so she paid the bill.

I was relieved when she texted me that she had gotten home safe. The irony is that sans the marijuana we connect remarkably well. She apologized profusely the next day.

What's twisted is that despite everything, I like this girl. She is as nuts as I am. So much for romance brewing in the midst of an apocalypse.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Italy is invaded by Korona-virus. Tsk tsk. It escalated fast. I don't like the look of things, or even worse, where it's going.

Mostly not for me, but for others. A person i still really care about, usually and frequently travels there, together with a person i hate, but that's that.

I can rely on my tricks to stay safe myself, but this won't do...
I live in a country that neighbours China. A tad worried as it is a RNA based virus, which means it mutates rapidly, and developing a vaccine or cure is difficult.

Europe is better off as it is not as populated as my country. My country is extremely populated, and the city I live in is hot, humid, and has all the ingredients to make it a haven for the virus,
Post edited February 23, 2020 by Lionel212008
Lionel212008: I live in a country that neighbours China. A tad worried as it is a RNA based virus, which means it mutates rapidly. Developing a vaccine is difficult.

Europe is better off as it is not as populated as my country. My country is extremely populated, and the city I live in is hot, humid, and has all the ingredients to make it a haven for the virus,
I wish you the best, buddy. That Korona thing, i don't like it the least bit. Hang in there. Stay safe!
Lionel212008: I live in a country that neighbours China. A tad worried as it is a RNA based virus, which means it mutates rapidly. Developing a vaccine is difficult.

KiNgBrAdLeY7: I wish you the best, buddy. That Korona thing, i don't like it the least bit. Hang in there. Stay safe!
Thank you. For some reason, I am not that worried.
The Italians are apparently shutting down much of Lombardy (there's even talk of closing down all shops).
Really worries me, I didn't sleep much last night. I could kick myself that I didn't already buy food supplies (thought about it in the last few weeks, but was busy with other things). I hope there won't already be a rush in supermarkets tomorrow, but panic can't be far off imo.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by morolf
low rated
morolf: I've been sceptical of same of the more extreme rumours about the situation in China, but by any account it's clear that much of the country (maybe about half of the population) is under lockdown, with extreme quarantine measures being taken (still not clear if this has dropped the rate of infection low enough so that the virus won't spread anymore, it's apparently hyper-contagious, and can be spread by asymptomatic carriers).
I usually try to balance my take on such things somewhere between the worst and best reports(as usually the truth of such things lies somewhere in the middle), but when you see leaked clips of armed suit wearing people walking the streets in china and other leaked stuff it tends to worry the one who sees it if even just a bit.

morolf: The Italians are apparently now also intending to quarantine the three towns in Northern Italy where people have gotten ill.
imo it's clear that this thing is going to spread all over Europe in the coming weeks (or rather, it probably already has), really terrifies me. I don't get how so many people can be so complacent about it, the media in Germany at least still don't feature it prominently.
The MSM/companies(and the powers that be) don't want people panicking in case either of two things happen: in case it turns out to be less a threat than people think(to keep people from worrying needlessly), OR in the likely case it spreads further(so people also don't panic and cause more problems).

Also companies want people to keep consuming so this doesn't impact their profit margins, most likely.
morolf: The Italians are apparently shutting down much of Lombardy (there's even talk of closing down all shops).
Really worries me, I didn't sleep much last night. I could kick myself that I didn't already buy food supplies (thought about it in the last few weeks, but was busy with other things). I hope there won't already be a rush in supermarkets tomorrow, but panic can't be far off imo.
First dibs on your items,gold and gog games if you snuff it.
low rated
Spectre: First dibs on your items,gold and gog games if you snuff it.
Gods help me for laughing a bit at this....also it reminded me a bit of the "'dark humor" memes with the soldier standing over the dead people and it has a looting window open(with frostweave cloth iirc).

As for morolf having any gold: Lol, not every german has access to hidden WW2 gold. ;)

(Also carrying a big amount of gold would be a pain to try doing during any such scenario.....in such cases i'd grab the food/water/medicine/ammo/etc)
Post edited February 23, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
Spectre: First dibs on your items,gold and gog games if you snuff it.
No one's getting my gold (certainly not you), I've already buried my hoard in a safe place.
And I'm not even that worried about dying myself, more scared of ending up as a bereft survivor if people close to me die.
low rated
morolf: No one's getting my gold (certainly not you), I've already buried my hoard in a safe place.
And I'm not even that worried about dying myself, more scared of ending up as a bereft survivor if people close to me die.
I'd be more worried about needing to protect myself from the desperate(normally good folk) trying to get my supplies(if I didn't give them some of them to be nice) out of desperation & needing to defend myself against such people if need be/no other choice were presented...i.e. pic related

(And of course worrying about losing loved ones as well to a good degree)
Attachments:
One consequence of the corona virus: Orders from aliexpress (which is in the infected region) are taking much longer than usual, as people there were not permitted to work for a while (I don't know what the current situation is). This makes many single board computers essentially unavailable. (The Raspberry Pi isn't severely affected, I believe, because many of them are made in the UK IIRC.)

In any case, this is one reason why having a certain type of goods manufactured in one area is risky.

(A similar situation involves backups; if you really care about your data to the point of spending a decent chunk of money/resources on keeping it backed up, you want the backups to be geographically dispersed, in case something like an earthquake or hurricane happens at some locations. Cloud backups are useful here (but avoid using just one provider in case something happens to it), though of course you might not want it to be your *only* source of backup; what if your internet is down?)
Edit.
Post edited February 24, 2020 by user deleted
low rated
DadJoke007: Edit.
What was it? If you want to do so and think I might be interested send it to me via PM. :)

(Also it's nice to see your "face" here again, if even for a moment. :))

================================================

dtgreene: One consequence of the corona virus: Orders from aliexpress (which is in the infected region) are taking much longer than usual, as people there were not permitted to work for a while (I don't know what the current situation is). This makes many single board computers essentially unavailable. (The Raspberry Pi isn't severely affected, I believe, because many of them are made in the UK IIRC.)

In any case, this is one reason why having a certain type of goods manufactured in one area is risky.
Yup....also some Walmart/etc goods as well might be affected in time.

dtgreene: (A similar situation involves backups; if you really care about your data to the point of spending a decent chunk of money/resources on keeping it backed up, you want the backups to be geographically dispersed, in case something like an earthquake or hurricane happens at some locations. Cloud backups are useful here (but avoid using just one provider in case something happens to it), though of course you might not want it to be your *only* source of backup; what if your internet is down?)
That's why cloud backups AND home backups combined are a good idea. :)
Post edited February 24, 2020 by GameRager
KiNgBrAdLeY7: together with a person i hate, but that's that.
lol, i like how you just had to add that in

youre so weird