It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: I heard that parts pf California have had even longer intentional power shut-offs fairly recently. (Don't know if they're still going on.)

(Of course, that doesn't make your situation any better.)
Difference here is it is over the entire country, can last for several days and it happens several times a year. Luckily I have a laptop and battery for my wifi router so I can ride it out.
dtgreene: I heard that parts pf California have had even longer intentional power shut-offs fairly recently. (Don't know if they're still going on.)

(Of course, that doesn't make your situation any better.)
Matewis: Difference here is it is over the entire country, can last for several days and it happens several times a year. Luckily I have a laptop and battery for my wifi router so I can ride it out.
The incidents in California, from what I understand, have sometimes lasted multiple days, resulting in food spoiling and having to be thrown out because the refrigerator stopped working due to the power outage. Aso, apparently the power company there is saying to expect it to happen again.

With that said, it is still only over part of one US state rather than over an entire country (or, alternatively, a region the size of South Africa, which I am pretty sure is bigger than just California).

Edit: Correct the country name.
Post edited December 06, 2019 by dtgreene
Matewis: Difference here is it is over the entire country, can last for several days and it happens several times a year. Luckily I have a laptop and battery for my wifi router so I can ride it out.
dtgreene: The incidents in California, from what I understand, have sometimes lasted multiple days, resulting in food spoiling and having to be thrown out because the refrigerator stopped working due to the power outage. Aso, apparently the power company there is saying to expect it to happen again.

With that said, it is still only over part of one US state rather than over an entire country (or, alternatively, a region the size of South Africa, which I am pretty sure is bigger than just California).

Edit: Correct the country name.
Oh that's very Interesting, it seems that the California blackouts are for fire prevention purposes. Something about the possibility of old power lines creating sparks in very dry areas.
low rated
Thing is that state is about the same size as your country, and they also do it often due to new legal statutes/etc where they have to do it legally even if they don't want to.

This is not to say I or dtgreene are trying to downplay your situation....just that it is very comparable(the situation in california).

Matewis: Oh that's very Interesting, it seems that the California blackouts are for fire prevention purposes. Something about the possibility of old power lines creating sparks in very dry areas.
Due to other laws preventing them from clearing brush(firefighters/etc) from around power lines and other issues, and that causing fires/etc, the power companies are now forced to do it during ANY big fire that might hit their lines.....which happens often(sadly) in that state.
Post edited December 06, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Sometimes I wish gog would make it so that one couldn't make a thread on the forums unless they had read the FAQ first(on posting) and I also wish people would learn how to make proper descriptive/clear thread titles.

No, newcomers/new posters...."How do I make game run", "It doesn't work", "this makes me mad" are not clear and descriptive enough....

I half expect with the current trend that eventually people just post one word or 3-4 dots as titles eventually. :\
Post edited December 08, 2019 by GameRager
Sometimes, I wish people wouldn't post soooooo much crap and cry sooooooo much.
Post edited December 08, 2019 by Tauto
low rated
*Eh, not worth it*
Post edited December 09, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: Sometimes I wish gog would make it so that one couldn't make a thread on the forums unless they had read the FAQ first(on posting) and I also wish people would learn how to make proper descriptive/clear thread titles.

No, newcomers/new posters...."How do I make game run", "It doesn't work", "this makes me mad" are not clear and descriptive enough....

I half expect with the current trend that eventually people just post one word or 3-4 dots as titles eventually. :\
This is discrimination against some people where English is not their language.
low rated
Tauto: This is discrimination against some people where English is not their language.
You're reaching so high to find things about me to complain about you've blasted off into orbit.
Tauto: This is discrimination against some people where English is not their language.
GameRager: You're reaching so high to find things about me to complain about you've blasted off into orbit.
It's not that hard as most of your posts are crap.
low rated
Tauto: It's not that hard as most of your posts are crap.
For a guy who claims to not want me to talk to them you sure seem to like following me around.

Also dont'cha think you're being a tad hypocritical by trolling me after all that TinyE did to you in the past?

(Also do you see ME following you around and making fun of everything you say? No? Then why do you feel ok in doing it to others?)

(Addition: Well to be fair you DID say MOST.....not all.....so I take it you agree on some things? Well maybe there's hope for a Tauto/GR reunion tour after all :))
Tauto: It's not that hard as most of your posts are crap.
GameRager: For a guy who claims to not want me to talk to them you sure seem to like following me around.

I tried that way but YOU kept on replying to my posts and for some strange unknown reason you never got the message that I didn't want your useless info on whatever was being discussed or addressing me.

Also dont'cha think you're being a tad hypocritical by trolling me after all that TinyE did to you in the past?
You keep bringing up this subject. Is that all you can come at me with? You might do better if you got another 20 or so brain cells.
low rated
Tauto: You keep bringing up this subject. Is that all you can come at me with?
I keep asking it and saying it because you haven't yet seriously answered those questions yet.

Don't you see the hypocritical nature of you insulting others you dislike when compared to how you were treated? How can you justify doing it to others after how you were treated here in the past?

Tauto: You might do better if you got another 20 or so brain cells.
Impossible.....I am at 1 Million brain cells already....another 20 might crack open my already massive cranium.
Tauto: You keep bringing up this subject. Is that all you can come at me with?
GameRager: I keep asking it and saying it because you haven't yet seriously answered those questions yet.

Don't you see the hypocritical nature of you insulting others you dislike when compared to how you were treated? How can you justify doing it to others after how you were treated here in the past?

Tauto: You might do better if you got another 20 or so brain cells.
GameRager: Impossible.....I am at 1 Million brain cells already....another 20 might crack open my already massive cranium.
I'll just refer to post 13182 in here and keep on laughing, brainstorm.
low rated
Tauto: I'll just refer to post 13182 in here and keep on laughing, brainstorm.
You keep making these subtle insults without answering my questions.....are you possibly afraid to tell me why you're doing this because you have no justifiable reason to do so?

So once again I ask: What are your answers to what I asked? No insults, jokes, etc.....just answers, if you would be so kind.