It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JungleLizard: Whoever it was that said "euhh, everybody in small towns are so peaceful and happy and so totally helpful and kind to everybody and they totally do not judge anybody or show favoritism, unlike dem eavel sitee peepols, uh muh". I would like to walk right up to their face and ask them just what the hell type of weed they've been smoking, and where can I get some.
tinyE: I live in a town with a population of 98, and everyone is totally helpful and kind to everybody and they totally do not judge anybody or show favoritism.

When people pick up on this and mention "Nobody is this friend;y where I live" we typically answer, "You don't live in the Keweenaw."
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what's this Keweenaw?
fr33kSh0w2012: Nobody is friendly where I live, I live in Australia the most cut throat leftist sh!thole in the world with Sh!tty internet!
DadJoke007: At least the animals are friendly in Australia.

Oh wait, forget about that.
I honestly wouldn't know enough about it to know.
Post edited August 07, 2019 by JungleLizard
low rated
tinyE: I live in a town with a population of 98, and everyone is totally helpful and kind to everybody and they totally do not judge anybody or show favoritism.

When people pick up on this and mention "Nobody is this friend;y where I live" we typically answer, "You don't live in the Keweenaw."
JungleLizard: Hope you don't mind my asking, but what's this Keweenaw?
Not him, but I think it's near Michigan, near the northern US border.
JungleLizard: Hope you don't mind my asking, but what's this Keweenaw?
GameRager: Not him, but I think it's near Michigan, near the northern US border.
Well if he really is right about what he said.. I envy him. I've been living in this shithole all my life, and for some time still, I can't afford to move out or even leave for a week or two. Not by myself at least.
low rated
GameRager: Not him, but I think it's near Michigan, near the northern US border.
JungleLizard: Well if he really is right about what he said.. I envy him. I've been living in this shithole all my life, and for some time still, I can't afford to move out or even leave for a week or two. Not by myself at least.
Me as well.....I have to live with others just to get by.
CYRYL!

Damn you...

WHY? What did i ever do to you? Why did you have to do that to me? :'(
Post edited August 07, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
I don't mind going to the dentist, it's the fucking fifty miles I need to drive to get there that pisses me off.
tinyE: I don't mind going to the dentist, it's the fucking fifty miles I need to drive to get there that pisses me off.
Same here, I need to drive 20-30 min to my dentist, but then again I kinda like living "in the woods" :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Absolutely love waking up in the morning and it smells rotten corpse... NOT!

We found one mice and one bat laying under our bed, YAY!

(PS: for reference - we have three (retarded) cats...)
Post edited August 08, 2019 by sanscript
tinyE: I don't mind going to the dentist, it's the fucking fifty miles I need to drive to get there that pisses me off.
sanscript: Same here, I need to drive 20-30 min to my dentist, but then again I kinda like living "in the woods" :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Absolutely love waking up in the morning and it smells rotten corpse... NOT!
AMEN!
I wouldn't change it for the world.

My front yard IS Lake Superior.
You can't beat that.
How did we as humans go from "If you don't like it, don't watch it" to "They can do no wrong because they are so popular and they have made so much more money than you even though that is to be expected because they've been doing what they do as work for a longer time but anyway since it is said that everybody else likes them you need to enjoy their products as well nOW"?

Honestly though, that former argument is just as stupid. We wouldn't know if we like something before we actually experience it. Unless some people know something we don't about being omniscient.

Oh, and let's not forget "Well I don't see YOU doing what they do so you can't talk about them". Does one need to be a chef to know that some food tastes horrible? And that one comeback that you'd only expect from some preteen princess "You're just jealous LOLO.L,OL". Maybe, just maybe, not everybody wants to grow up to be some arrogant rockstar?

What is it with people's weird obsession of defending celebrities who really do not give a shit about strangers like them? Like, oh yeah, it must be so hard living as a celebrity surrounding yourself with people who will only kiss your ass no matter what. "Look at me, I have way more money than I know what to do with, a great house, a lovely spouse and awesome kids. My life is really happy. But oh no, a few people out there aren't fans of my work. How ever will I get to sleep peacefully at night? Hmmmm. Oh I know. Brainwash a bunch of immature and easily offended idiots to actually seek them out and harass them."

No. Just, no.
JungleLizard: Does one need to be a chef to know that some food tastes horrible?
Actually taste is genetic.

What may taste sweet to someone may be very bitter to someone else, not because of perception or preference, but because of the genetic makeup of their taste buds.
tinyE: Actually taste is genetic.

What may taste sweet to someone may be very bitter to someone else, not because of perception or preference, but because of the genetic makeup of their taste buds.
Um...I don't believe it's genetic. It's "nurture", IMO. Someone I admire, said one isn't born with such bad taste. It's a learned thing.

Perhaps they've never tasted different kinds of flavors. And they've never become interested to try them later in their lives.

They were introduced into things of bad taste, by people close to them. Calling those things are good while others are bad.
Post edited August 08, 2019 by le_chevalier
Just when I thought the world couldn't get more retarded now f#cking this
JungleLizard: Does one need to be a chef to know that some food tastes horrible?

Yes, great point to add to it.
fr33kSh0w2012: Just when I thought the world couldn't get more retarded now f#cking this
On the other hand, if they're hurting no one but themselves, who cares, really?
Post edited August 08, 2019 by JungleLizard
fr33kSh0w2012: Just when I thought the world couldn't get more retarded now f#cking this
That's pretty cool.
I'm sure fellow goglins have thought about stuff like this already
Post edited August 08, 2019 by Spectre
low rated

My front yard IS Lake Superior.
You can't beat that.
Until you get all that sweet sweet lake effect snow/etc.

JungleLizard: How did we as humans go from "If you don't like it, don't watch it" to "They can do no wrong because they are so popular and they have made so much more money than you even though that is to be expected because they've been doing what they do as work for a longer time but anyway since it is said that everybody else likes them you need to enjoy their products as well nOW"?

Honestly though, that former argument is just as stupid. We wouldn't know if we like something before we actually experience it. Unless some people know something we don't about being omniscient.

Oh, and let's not forget "Well I don't see YOU doing what they do so you can't talk about them". Does one need to be a chef to know that some food tastes horrible? And that one comeback that you'd only expect from some preteen princess "You're just jealous LOLO.L,OL". Maybe, just maybe, not everybody wants to grow up to be some arrogant rockstar?

What is it with people's weird obsession of defending celebrities who really do not give a shit about strangers like them? Like, oh yeah, it must be so hard living as a celebrity surrounding yourself with people who will only kiss your ass no matter what. "Look at me, I have way more money than I know what to do with, a great house, a lovely spouse and awesome kids. My life is really happy. But oh no, a few people out there aren't fans of my work. How ever will I get to sleep peacefully at night? Hmmmm. Oh I know. Brainwash a bunch of immature and easily offended idiots to actually seek them out and harass them."

No. Just, no.
Also bad is the flipside: People throwing celebs/others under the proverbial bus because they say one or two things they dislike or think is wrong for them to say or think.

Actually taste is genetic.

Afaik taste people usually(for the most part) have the same taste buds to taste the 5(or is it 6?) tastes. One might not like various foods as someone else but this(as the post below yours says) is usually due to one's upbringing as well as different configuration of taste buds.

Still, most people can still usually tell sh*t tastes like sh*t....i.e. the food will usually taste the same to most but one might like it and one might not like the same taste.

le_chevalier: Um...I don't believe it's genetic. It's "nurture", IMO. Someone I admire, said one isn't born with such bad taste. It's a learned thing.

Perhaps they've never tasted different kinds of flavors. And they've never become interested to try them later in their lives.

They were introduced into things of bad taste, by people close to them. Calling those things are good while others are bad.
Both of you are right....it's a bit genetic and also based on what foods one grew up on/around.

What I want to know is this: Can one have "fun" with it? Inquiring minds want to know. o.0
Post edited August 09, 2019 by GameRager