It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
9 more

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
Post edited August 05, 2019 by tinyE
tinyE: 9 more

"No way to stop this sort of thing" says only country where this sort regularly happens.
Question is though what your solution would be, there are so many firearms in circulation in the US, it would be impossible to confiscate them all; and even attempting to do so would cause a major political crisis and probably a lot of bloodshed.
Apart from small reforms (making it harder for unstable individuals to legally buy weapons), there's not much to be done.
richlind33: If you care so much about human life, why don't you take up the cause of stopping war? Is that no longer in vogue? o.O
War will be coming soon enough. Trump's administration has now even put sanctions on Iran's foreign minister, they're clearly not interested in negotiations. Eventually some incident will spiral out of control and the entire Mideast will go up in flames.
Post edited August 04, 2019 by morolf
low rated
At least 3 more

Post edited August 05, 2019 by tinyE
richlind33: If you care so much about human life, why don't you take up the cause of stopping war? Is that no longer in vogue? o.O
morolf: *Another* war will be coming soon enough. Trump's administration has now even put sanctions on Iran's foreign minister, they're clearly not interested in negotiations. Eventually some incident will spiral out of control and the entire Mideast will go up in flames.
A small edit on my part, Morolf. Hopefully the straw that breaks these demons' backs.

tinyE: At least 15 more.

"No way to stop this sort of thing" says only country where this sort regularly happens.
DadJoke007: To be fair, the only way to stop it would be to know what causes it. Outlaw guns? Then only the outlaws, the ones doing this kind of shit to begin with, end up with guns.

New Hampshire is at place 13 over most guns per capita in the US, while at the same time being the safest place in the US. The conclusion I draw from that is that there are other things at play, guns used for violence might be a symptom of something else rather than the cause.

It's one shitty situation though and more energy should be allocated towards mapping out the causes for gun violence so that it's possible to work towards an actual solution rather than thoughts and prayers.
Gun control is to the Democrats as abortion is to the Republicans: something to rally the partisan drones into gibbering hysteria.
Post edited August 05, 2019 by richlind33
low rated
tinyE: 20 more

You live here, so stop whining about it and offer SOLUTIONS instead of complaints.

Also this sort of thing happens in europe and the middle east ever more than here....they just hush it up and don't report it like a bunch of ostriches burying their heads in the sand.

tinyE: "No way to stop this sort of thing" says only country where this sort regularly happens.
le_chevalier: What people who don't want this sort of thing to stop from happening, say.
Sadly some NEED such things happening in the world so they have something to complain about each day/evening. :\

9 more
2 mass shootings in less than 12 hours

Changes the system or think up solutions or find a new country to live in if it bothers you so much....because I tell ya plainly, if you dislike this country so much you'd gladly want to come back if you ever went to many other countries.

(Many other countries have much worse violence, lax policing or corrupt policing, no free speech online or off for some of the things you like to say here, etc)
tinyE: 9 more

morolf: Question is though what your solution would be, there are so many firearms in circulation in the US, it would be impossible to confiscate them all; and even attempting to do so would cause a major political crisis and probably a lot of bloodshed.
Apart from small reforms (making it harder for unstable individuals to legally buy weapons), there's not much to be done.
Gun confiscation, even if done civilly and if it was successful, wouldn't take guns from criminals and also others would witch to acid/knives as has occurred in other countries.

We need mental health reform/solutions and screening for early warning signs, for starters.
Post edited August 05, 2019 by GameRager
richlind33: A small edit on my part, Morolf. Hopefully the straw that breaks these demons' backs.
It will kill hundreds of thousands of people, devastate and destabilize much of the Middle East, and send millions of refugees to Europe where already existing tensions will be even worse.
So I see little reason to hope for anything. Really amazing though that it has *again* come this far after the 2003 Iraq war.
richlind33: A small edit on my part, Morolf. Hopefully the straw that breaks these demons' backs.
morolf: It will kill hundreds of thousands of people, devastate and destabilize much of the Middle East, and send millions of refugees to Europe where already existing tensions will be even worse.
So I see little reason to hope for anything. Really amazing though that it has *again* come this far after the 2003 Iraq war.
That reminds me:
morolf: It will kill hundreds of thousands of people, devastate and destabilize much of the Middle East, and send millions of refugees to Europe where already existing tensions will be even worse.
Never give up hope, Morolf, because as bad as things seem, what we perceive is completely overshadowed by what we do not perceive. Those who overreach invariably lose their footing and fall: the challenge lies in seeing that we are not taken down with them.
tinyE: "No way to stop this sort of thing" says only country where this sort regularly happens.
I think I found the article you are referring to, but I think you got the title wrong. It's:

Only thing is, the article that I found (first Google result) is from 2014.

(Incidentally, the recommended stories section is filled with more of the same article (or at least the same headline), though the picture is different each time.)

(Side note: The main page of the website I'm talking about has *two* articles with this same exact headline at the moment.)
Yesterday we get a massive electric grid failure for about 12 hours. This will be more tolerable if only the national electric company both not incompetent and corrupt.

Oh and there will be more scheduled blackout to come for the next few days.
zlaywal: Yesterday we get a massive electric grid failure for about 12 hours. This will be more tolerable if only the national electric company both not incompetent and corrupt.

Oh and there will be more scheduled blackout to come for the next few days.
Luckily it was less than an hour yesterday in my town. No power means no income for me, while I still have to pay the employees the same.

It's worse in my hometown. Bigger town than this one. It's weekly on average there.

Those who work at the company really have no shame. Everytime the power goes out everyone in the neighborhood or even the whole town can judge their work performance. Their standard is reaaally loooow....
Post edited August 05, 2019 by le_chevalier
le_chevalier: Luckily it was less than an hour yesterday in my town. No power means no income for me, while I still have to pay the employees the same.

It's worse in my hometown. Bigger town than this one. It's weekly on average there.

Those who work at the company really have no shame. Everytime the power goes out everyone in the neighborhood or even the whole town can judge their work performance. Their standard is reaaally loooow....
The only one happy are the streets peddlers in the area selling candle stick @Rp 5000 each (about 33 cent) XD

And the nearby areas are now on the blackout again, fingers crossed.
le_chevalier: Luckily it was less than an hour yesterday in my town. No power means no income for me, while I still have to pay the employees the same.

zlaywal: The only one happy are the streets peddlers in the area selling candle stick @Rp 5000 each (about 33 cent) XD

Wait....you guys/gals need 5000 units of your currency to equal 33 cents? Damn, that sucks.
zlaywal: The only one happy are the streets peddlers in the area selling candle stick @Rp 5000 each (about 33 cent) XD

GameRager: Wait....you guys/gals need 5000 units of your currency to equal 33 cents? Damn, that sucks.
Not that bad. On the other hand, we don't have that many mass shootings.
GameRager: Wait....you guys/gals need 5000 units of your currency to equal 33 cents? Damn, that sucks.
le_chevalier: Not that bad. On the other hand, we don't have that many mass shootings.
True...of course we don't either if you think about it(They are usually small handfuls of people and usually spread far apart.....the news just likes to hype them up for ratings by overabusing the technically correct yet misleading term "MASS", sadly).
Post edited August 05, 2019 by GameRager