It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dtgreene: Power went out today and stayed out for way too long. (That means no air conditioning, for those who don't live in climates where AC is needed.)
De4thstroke: I find that fucking ridiculous considering electricity isn't that fucking cheap and it's summer so people need AC in most parts of the world. And these companies, do not compensate their customers for failing to provide the service they are being paid to provide for X amount of time...
Like Australia where the summer heat melts the railway sleepers (which are metal) and melts the

specially coated wires above the tracks.
De4thstroke: I find that fucking ridiculous considering electricity isn't that fucking cheap and it's summer so people need AC in most parts of the world. And these companies, do not compensate their customers for failing to provide the service they are being paid to provide for X amount of time...
fr33kSh0w2012: Like Australia where the summer heat melts the railway sleepers (which are metal) and melts the

Well hopefully, you have some customer friendly electric and gas companies, there...
fr33kSh0w2012: Like Australia where the summer heat melts the railway sleepers (which are metal) and melts the

De4thstroke: Well hopefully, you have some customer friendly electric and gas companies, there...
Barely any and they JACK UP the power bills saying it's competitive

Ripping off your customers is competitive?!?
De4thstroke: Well hopefully, you have some customer friendly electric and gas companies, there...
fr33kSh0w2012: Barely any and they JACK UP the power bills saying it's competitive

They mean they are competing against other electric and gas companies in the game of, who can rip people off the most. :P
fr33kSh0w2012: Barely any and they JACK UP the power bills saying it's competitive

De4thstroke: They mean they are competing against other electric and gas companies in the game of, who can rip people off the most. :P
Yep.
I want to bitch about how quickly people get mad online (and in real life).

It seems that people always read the worst intentions into the words you write. I don't know what it is, but it's almost like people want more conflict so they just automatically assume the person they talk to is against them.
Karterii1993: I want to bitch about how quickly people get mad online (and in real life).

It seems that people always read the worst intentions into the words you write. I don't know what it is, but it's almost like people want more conflict so they just automatically assume the person they talk to is against them.
I know your pain... A lot of people don't give other people, the benefit of the doubt... They don't take the time to check if the person's intent was to be hostile or if the person actually communicated their beliefs etc... They just get mad. And that doesn't make sense, because often times, there is a lot of miscommunication going on... Just because you have two people who can speak and/or write in English(for example), doesn't necessarily mean, they can do so in a way, there will be no miscommunication. There will always be miscommunication. Best not to jump to conclusions and get mad but instead, find out what the person was actually communicating then get mad or not...
The heat can go duck itself right in the donkey.
DadJoke007: The heat can go duck itself right in the donkey.
I agree, even my router tends to get "brain-farts"...
Karterii1993: I want to bitch about how quickly people get mad online (and in real life).

Even constructive critic / facts is/are taken as an attack. And people also gets faster mad and more violent when the heat sets in.

People do that with me a ton...like currently in the offensive games thread someone made here...just because I am for freedom of expression a few seem to think I am in support of the worst of society and want them to do such things irl. :\

sanscript: Even constructive critic / facts is/are taken as an attack. And people also gets faster mad and more violent when the heat sets in.
I recently made a comment or two against extremists(of any type) being less reasonable than more moderate people and someone took offense at it as if I was trying to upset them. :\
Post edited July 28, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: I recently made a comment or two against extremists(of any type) being less reasonable than more moderate people and someone took offense at it as if I was trying to upset them. :\
Wait, what?

How can that upset them? People these days... Yes, I do believe people unconsciously or willingly chooses to take offence/get upset with everything.
GameRager: I recently made a comment or two against extremists(of any type) being less reasonable than more moderate people and someone took offense at it as if I was trying to upset them. :\
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

With that said, I would say that the moderate people are just as unreasonable when presented opinions they don't understand or share. Most people are unreasonable and just conform to the status quo (or something close to it) without actually thinking about it, going with the flow disguises their unreasonable nature in most settings.
Post edited July 28, 2019 by user deleted
The end of a peaceful holiday.
sanscript: Wait, what?

How can that upset them? People these days... Yes, I do believe people unconsciously or willingly chooses to take offence/get upset with everything.
They found it "rude" that I dared suggest that centrists were better or more reasonable than extremists.

DadJoke007: “In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

With that said, I would say that the moderate people are just as unreasonable when presented opinions they don't understand or share. Most people are unreasonable and just conform to the status quo (or something close to it) without actually thinking about it, going with the flow disguises their unreasonable nature in most settings.
I had a brainfart...I meant centrists...still, I should've told them I find anyone who uses emotional response over logic and reason first and foremost to be more unreasonable than those who do not.
Post edited July 29, 2019 by GameRager