It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DadJoke007: That's like your opinion, man.
And here I thought The Big Lebowski was only a movie... we're probably "dudes" soon enough :P

That actually reminds me - I haven't seen it in years.

DadJoke007: That's my view of it, I dislike most stupid animals and I can't stand cats. I'm not going to argue what emotions people hold for different animals since there is no way to quantify or measure that, it would all boil down to opinion.
I'm certainly not denying your opinion/experiences (even if it might be conceived as ignorance).

I've had different animals in my care, except dogs. I would never stoop down to that level and say: Every animals EXCEPT dogs are worthy of human love... ;)
Post edited July 05, 2019 by sanscript
Example of a post that deserves to be downvoted and possibly moderated:

In a topic on this board, someone made a post that:
* Was bigoted.
* Had nothing to do with the topic.

In this case, I think it makes sense to press the downvote button.

What do people have against people who aren't like them?
low rated
dtgreene: Example of a post that deserves to be downvoted and possibly moderated:

In a topic on this board, someone made a post that:
* Was bigoted.
* Had nothing to do with the topic.

In this case, I think it makes sense to press the downvote button.

What do people have against people who aren't like them?
Downvoting such is fine, but further might not be(it depends on the severity of the comment, the context being used, and if it was meant to harm someone imo).

As for what people have against others.....I am not trying to defend that person but MAYBE someone from said group did/said something against them and it stuck in their minds and colored their way of thinking to the negative(sadly)?

If more people in groups all acted civilly to one another and didn't defend/accept the actions/words of their more extreme/bad members less people would likely blanket wrap all said group's members in a blanket of dislike.

Heck, I am PART of a marginalized group or two and I find some actions/words said by SOME of those in said groups to be wrong/an embarassment & if others call those individuals out for it I have no issue with them doing so as I dislike bad individuals poorly representing what my groups are about.
GameRager: Heck, I am PART of a marginalized group or two
You made me curious.
GameRager: Heck, I am PART of a marginalized group or two
clarry: You made me curious.
Maybe, but i'd rather not give my haters any ammo/info to use against me(I did on other sites and they used it to mock me later on), if you can understand. :)

Addition: Some here might already know(through posts) one of them, but unless they post it I won't be doing so to avoid spreading it to more people.
Post edited July 06, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: i'd rather not give my haters any ammo/info to use against me
I'm not one of them though.
GameRager: i'd rather not give my haters any ammo/info to use against me
clarry: I'm not one of them though.
If I listed it here publically they could read it, and if I upset you(it might not happen but it could) and you decided to pass it on in the heat of the moment then it'd get out that way.

That isn't to say I totally don't trust you, i'm just careful in general with said info after the mocking I got in the past.

One bit of info(and if you want we can dicuss this more via PM if I drop any further info): I am part of one of the LETTERS of the "community" currently being touted/praised/supported by the more PC individuals in media/irl/etc.
AlKim: I've largely lost my ability to wind down and relax over the past two or three years or so.

That would be all. Carry on.
Karterii1993: Are you just anxious all the time, or what's the problem?

As for my bitching, I can't hold conversations very well in real life, I always seem to have the last word in conversations... And knowing that I am a bad conversation partner, I have learned to stay quiet... But then, that also causes awkwardness because then people think I don't care for them. Societal game is tough.
It's being too busy all the time. Hell, it took me ages even to get back to you on this, and my original post was so short because I didn't have the time to write a more detailed one.

We recently moved house, and while it doesn't need a lot of work, there are a few things I need to take care of around here. One of our cats died a few months ago and we got two new ones to keep the survivor company, but of course it takes time until everyone's used to each other. I've got a full-time job to take care of nine to five, plus some entrepreneur work for evenings (and it's the hot season for the field, so I can't afford not to work). Our son is close to being born, so my wife's unable to much around the house and does less work than usual - which is completely alright, of course, but indirectly ups the pressure on me. I pretty much get up and start doing things at 7:30 and hardly stop at all until it's time to go to bed after midnight. It would be nice to read a book, play a game or just go for a run or something, but I can't seem to find the time anywhere and don't really have the energy anyway because I sleep and eat so poorly.

Having said that, things are a hell of a lot better than they were a year, two years and even three years ago. I know the kid's going to be one more thing to sink my limited time into, but I reckon it's still going to be easier once he's out since we'll be able to share workloads again, we'll pass the peak of Mt. Work, the cats will be better used to each other and the house has to be ready by then.
Post edited July 07, 2019 by AlKim
My problems are so small, like my mouse just stopped working completely and the processor cannot seem to keep cool enough anymore. I wonder whether the fan is slowing down or the TIM (goo between cooler and processor) has gone bad. Oh, and my depression is just getting worse and worse. I sometimes feel like going out to pick some poisonous mushrooms except those I know of are known for giving you a painful death.
Themken: my mouse just stopped working completely
DITTO

Little bastards are so unreliable!
Recently had a conversation with ex, who dropped me year ago after almost 4 years of relationships, in favor of random guy she just met (but then dropped this one too, coz he was boring. No idea what happened after). It seems like she has some serious health issues right now.
Obviously I've ignored her words in a kinda rude form (something like "Why should it bother me? You've decided to leave, so your problems are now your-only problems. Get lost"). Both cuz she didnt even bother about anything but her own issues/feelings, and cuz I've considered it to be another lie of her (and she lied REALLY MUCH, back in times when we was together. Always said something, then changed her words later and acted like her previous statements didnt exist).
But now Im feeling myself terrible for a few days straight. Probably Im still having feelings to her (but just cant forgive what happend)? Probably I just cant ignore person, who used to be really close to me, asking for help? Probably I think that nobody deserve such serious issues, even if its a really terrible person?
Dunno for sure, but Im still in doubts if I've did the right thing, and it eats me from inside.
Gekko_Dekko: Recently had a conversation with ex, who dropped me year ago after almost 4 years of relationships, in favor of random guy she just met (but then dropped this one too, coz he was boring. No idea what happened after). It seems like she has some serious health issues right now.
Obviously I've ignored her words in a kinda rude form (something like "Why should it bother me? You've decided to leave, so your problems are now your-only problems. Get lost"). Both cuz she didnt even bother about anything but her own issues/feelings, and cuz I've considered it to be another lie of her (and she lied REALLY MUCH, back in times when we was together. Always said something, then changed her words later and acted like her previous statements didnt exist).
But now Im feeling myself terrible for a few days straight. Probably Im still having feelings to her (but just cant forgive what happend)? Probably I just cant ignore person, who used to be really close to me, asking for help? Probably I think that nobody deserve such serious issues, even if its a really terrible person?
Dunno for sure, but Im still in doubts if I've did the right thing, and it eats me from inside.
If I were less of a shutin i'd probably try for a relationship but then I hear such tales and I wonder if it'd even be worth it. :\
Gekko_Dekko: Recently had a conversation with ex, who dropped me year ago after almost 4 years of relationships, in favor of random guy she just met (but then dropped this one too, coz he was boring. No idea what happened after). It seems like she has some serious health issues right now.
Maybe you're just a considerate person? Anyway, this stranger thinks you should ignore her.
The USPS
Eh, screw it.
Post edited July 08, 2019 by user deleted