It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"No way to stop this." says only country where this regularly happens.
tinyE: "No way to stop this." says only country where this regularly happens.
No, there are plenty of ways to stop it... but first the country has to come to terms with the fact that's it's a societal issue and not an issue of weapon availability. If that in fact was the case, there should have been mass shootings constantly in the 70's and 80's when it was much, much, much easier to obtain weapons of all kinds. But there weren't.
Edit because of politics not being accepted on the forum.
Post edited June 01, 2019 by user deleted
tinyE: Another mass shooting.

Thank god we don't have any gun control laws.

*cough*
Mass shooting? The one in Virginia Beach?

The funny thing is most people will call for more laws as if that'll solve the problem.....then people will get them or not but sitll ignore the underlying issues and it'll happen again someday...causing the cycle to reset/repeat itself.

(BTW an aside: That pic is slightly inaccurate....one can sometimes get some mental comfort from people offering such for their problems)

DreamedArtist: 13% tax is gonna kill me someday
In the early 20th century(1900-1940 or so) taxes were around 50% plus for many people in the US, so count yourself lucky.
tinyE: "No way to stop this." says only country where this regularly happens.
They don't want to deal with or even acknowledge the real issues as some others mentioned: Disenfranchisement/marginalization of some people, mental health issue not being tended to in youth/older people/etc, etc.

DadJoke007: Edit because of politics not being accepted on the forum.
I GET you're trying to be law abiding out of respect or to keep from a ban, but I don't think you'll get in trouble for a one off comment in a bitch about life thread. :)
Post edited June 02, 2019 by GameRager

*cough*
Do you even believe in God ?
Don't be one of those idiot liberals who think that banning guns will solve all problems.
UK banned guns and the people still kill each other by running them over with cars or stabbing knives or throwing acid at their faces.

There are deeper issues that USA refuses to address which leads to people raging and killing. Issues such as marginalization, loss of jobs, robots replacing human workers, crooked politicians outsourcing American jobs, mental illness, plus other problems.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by doronnorod
GameRager:
What are the underlying issues in your opinion?
imo it must have a lot do with atomization, excessive individualism and the resulting mental health issues of many people...plus all those antidepressant drugs.
tinyE:
doronnorod: Do you even believe in God ?
Actually no.
Not that it's any of your business, but I'm an atheist.

And before you answer think. because they are cracking down on personal attacks in here; a rule that even I am subject to, have been disciplined for, and have agreed to refrain from breaking from here on out.

*cough*
doronnorod: Do you even believe in God ?
Don't be one of those idiot liberals who think that banning guns will solve all problems.
UK banned guns and the people still kill each other by running them over with cars or stabbing knives or throwing acid at their faces.

There are deeper issues that USA refuses to address which leads to people raging and killing. Issues such as marginalization, loss of jobs, robots replacing human workers, crooked politicians outsourcing American jobs, mental illness, plus other problems.
If you carefully read his Post you'll see how he likely thinks doing such isn't a good idea.

GameRager:
morolf: What are the underlying issues in your opinion?
imo it must have a lot do with atomization, excessive individualism and the resulting mental health issues of many people...plus all those antidepressant drugs.
Some things includes marginalizing people with legitimate complaints(ones mostly considered non-pc these days) about society/life & also not seeing the signs of mental health issues with young people/some older people and getting them treatment(counseling not just meds) early enough.

Also parents pushing meds on their kids instead of talking to them more/disciplining(not just corporal punishments but curfews/etc) them when need be and allowing them to run rampant/do what they want without punishment for their bad actions & teaching them responsability.

Those are some of the problems.....also maybe no one in power(gov't/corps/etc) listening to them or at leats trying to appear as if they're doing much to listen to their problems.
low rated
doronnorod: Do you even believe in [redacted] ?
What does that have to do with anything?

(Yes, I redacted part of your post here.)

Anyway, given a certain topic that was posted (I will not identify it or link to it here), and the fact that "low rated" topics no longer automatically appear as read (at least for me), I think I need a new rule; if a topic has a misleading title, I *will* downvote the initial post.
dtgreene: What does that have to do with anything?

Anyway, given a certain topic that was posted (I will not identify it or link to it here), and the fact that "low rated" topics no longer automatically appear as read (at least for me), I think I need a new rule; if a topic has a misleading title, I *will* downvote the initial post.
Bu..but..tha.t's part of the fun.>>>>if a topic has a misleading title
Why is it trendy to use "autist" as an insult online? One of my guilty pleasures in gaming is Rocket League, and I get called an autist regularly for playing dirty. In that context I'm having a hard time grasping that insult, I mean, how would dirty play make me autistic? The thing that annoys me the most is that it doesn't make any sense, it's just dumb.

The thing that pisses me off the most when people try to flame and insult is that I get triggered by how unbelievably stupid and shallow their ability to insult is. I just wanna slap them in the face and teach them how to be an asshole the real way. Not that they should, but if they do something, they should at least do it right.

I mean, idiots are not even good at being idiots anymore. That's all there is to them, and they fail at the only thing that defines them. I mourn for mankind.
Post edited June 02, 2019 by user deleted
dtgreene: What does that have to do with anything?

What if a person has trouble with english or uses a title to draw attention to a worthwhile cause/issue and basically misleads for a good cause/purpose?

DadJoke007: Why is it trendy to use "autist" as an insult online? One of my guilty pleasures in gaming is Rocket League, and I get called an autist regularly for playing dirty. In that context I'm having a hard time grasping that insult, I mean, how would dirty play make me autistic? The thing that annoys me the most is that it doesn't make any sense, it's just dumb.

The thing that pisses me off the most when people try to flame and insult is that I get triggered by how unbelievably stupid and shallow their ability to insult is. I just wanna slap them in the face and teach them how to be an asshole the real way. Not that they should, but if they do something, they should at least do it right.

I mean, idiots are not even good at being idiots anymore. That's all there is to them, and they fail at the only thing that defines them. I mourn for mankind.
Insults are weak nowadays, and also autist is used to mean someone who obsesses over little details when doing/saying things irl/online. I sometimes get called an autist elsewhere for how I structure replies how I do.
GameRager: Insults are weak nowadays, and also autist is used to mean someone who obsesses over little details when doing/saying things irl/online.
That some words often used as an insult doesn't mean it is OK to be used. The usage of a disorder also demeans the struggle of people that clinically diagnosed with it or the people around them who live with the side effect.

Same with the use of "My OCD" by someone who never diagnosed with it to justify their preference. For example, if someone said "I want to buy this xx game so I can complete owning the series cause of my OCD hehe".

For people that have really live with OCD or autism, life's not a joke and people shouldn't treat them or their disorder as a joke.
GameRager: Insults are weak nowadays, and also autist is used to mean someone who obsesses over little details when doing/saying things irl/online. I sometimes get called an autist elsewhere for how I structure replies how I do.
In that context, the insult would be used correctly. But using it because you're annoyed over someone's playstyle? That's just stupid.

The correct use of the insult would be to call me an autist for getting annoyed over this detail, that I could accept.
People should treat one another with respect, tolerance, and understanding, but there will always be those who refuse to act respectfully and those who take offense even when none is meant.

The other day I was screamed at by a 70+ year old woman for opening a door for her. She was hobbling with a cane and I became "You ^#&*#^ patriarchal mother#$%." When even acts of kindness or respect are taken as disrespectful acts of aggression, I don't know what to think anymore.

And yes...

Coming from a family that suffers from severe PTSD from a lifetime of Emergency Services and Public Safety, hearing "children" say they're "triggered" is angering and ridiculous.