It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some asshole's car alarm just went off in the work's parking lot, and it's been a good hour already. Worse, it's the third time today, and seeing how late in the afternoon it is I fear that the person has left the car overnight. I've contacted security and told them about the car, but it doesn't seem like they can/will do something about it. I'll just have to suffer through it for the rest of the day because there's work I have to get done, but if it happens again tomorrow I'm going to throw a fit!
About ready to choke the life out of whoever owns that car ]:-{
Matewis: About ready to choke the life out of whoever owns that car ]:-{
Why don't you just steal it, at this point ?
Have you ever seen Fatal Attraction?

And the most screwed up thing about car alarms is, they don't actually make a difference.

Seriously. When is the last time you heard a car alarm go off and either A) saw a cop show up or B) heard someone yell, "Call the police! A car is being stolen!"

They are totally fucking pointless aside from annoying people.
Post edited December 20, 2018 by tinyE
Telika: Why don't you just steal it, at this point ?
Eh, too much hassle. I was thinking more along the lines of a sledgehammer to the bonnet to smash the car horn to pieces. But luckily after only 2.5 hours the dude finally showed up and drove off.
tinyE: Have you ever seen Fatal Attraction?

And the most screwed up thing about car alarms is, they don't actually make a difference.

Seriously. When is the last time you heard a car alarm go off and either A) saw a cop show up or B) heard someone yell, "Call the police! A car is being stolen!"

They are totally fucking pointless aside from annoying people.
Haven't seen it, apart from the ending once in a youtube clip I believe. That woman is really creepy :P

But yeah, now that you mention it, I think everyone just pretty much assumes it's a false alarm at this point. Except perhaps if it's your own car alarm going off at 2am or something.
Post edited December 21, 2018 by Matewis
Lumch: Eight pills and one ointment, oh and some proper food as well. Soon time for my next electrical treatment, sigh.
Themken: Lumch: Eight pills and one ointment, oh and some proper food as well. Soon time for my next electrical treatment, sigh.
I hope it's not electroshock therapy; that thing is *vile*. (It's also still legal in the US, for whatever reason.)

(That is, unless it's a last resort; you've tried other options and not found one that works.)
dtgreene:
Thankfully not but this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_muscle_stimulation
I clearly fit Google's "incel" profile pretty well, since YouTube's always recommending me some neckbeard shit.

Can't a guy just be interested in technology without hating women?
Yesterday was the 32nd anniversary of my fathers death. Two days later was the funeral. So much about "Merry Christmas"...
viperfdl: Yesterday was the 32nd anniversary of my fathers death. Two days later was the funeral. So much about "Merry Christmas"...
It was the 18th of my father's death ... in September. Somehow I doubt that it would ruin Christmas for me had it been in late December. It doesn't ruin September, my mom's and my best friend's birthdays are in September, I'll be merry then. Don't let these memories fuck up Christmas for you.
My wife left me a month ago. Putting a pretty big damper on Christmas this year.
And here I am trying to figure out a way to kill my father.
Post edited December 23, 2018 by tinyE
Vainamoinen: It was the 18th of my father's death ... in September. Somehow I doubt that it would ruin Christmas for me had it been in late December. It doesn't ruin September, my mom's and my best friend's birthdays are in September, I'll be merry then. Don't let these memories fuck up Christmas for you.
There is nothing about Christmas I give a fuck for.

tinyE: And here I am trying to figure out a way to kill my father. :P
Is this supposed to be funny? If yes, it isn't.
...and my mother.