It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wolfy777: <snip>
Telika: Maybe, but I've watched Mother of Tears.
Another horrible movie I take it?
Telika: Maybe, but I've watched Mother of Tears.
Wolfy777: Another horrible movie I take it?
Yes. Unwatchably bad. Worst thing is, it's from a beloved director. One whose artistic quality I used to trust, but who's become really lame over the last few years. Or decades.
Wolfy777: Another horrible movie I take it?
Telika: Yes. Unwatchably bad. Worst thing is, it's from a beloved director. One whose artistic quality I used to trust, but who's become really lame over the last few years. Or decades.
I can imagine that pain.
Thank you for explaining.
Trying to participate in a discussion in the Baldur's Gate subforum, but one particular user is being rather hostile, calling legitimate gameplay features "cheats", saying one character is "better" than another (when the characters are different enough from a gameplay standpoint for there to be a reason to put either, or even both, in your party), dismissing certain gameplay options that tend to be overlooked, and calling me "bonkers".
dtgreene: Trying to participate in a discussion in the Baldur's Gate subforum, but one particular user is being rather hostile, calling legitimate gameplay features "cheats", saying one character is "better" than another (when the characters are different enough from a gameplay standpoint for there to be a reason to put either, or even both, in your party), dismissing certain gameplay options that tend to be overlooked, and calling me "bonkers".
Ah, yes, the old "You're not having fun right!". Bleh to that.
I finally unplugged, possibly for the last time, my VAIO laptop I purchased in 2010. I got some extremely good mileage out of the old girl, but it was just too aggravating to try anything on it towards the end. Something silly as renaming a file could take 5 or more seconds just to bring up the context menu. And sometimes windows would just kind of space out, taking several minutes to recover from its slumber. Of course games took forever to load, and even Don't Starve started to become unplayable: try planting 30 pine cones with a 3 second delay on each one :P And then there was the increasing rate of bluescreens during the last week.

Now I'm on an even older Acer laptop I borrowed from work until I can afford to buy a new laptop. On the plus side it's a lot faster to browse the internet and do general windows things. Even Don't Starve loads up a lot quicker despite the laptop having much poorer specs. But unfortunately ingame I can't run don't starve on 1920x1080 resolution anymore, and it has a noticeably poorer framerate due to the lack of a somewhat decent gpu like the VAIO has, or rather had.
Emob78: I still can't read a damn thing you say, but some sentences are beginning to sort of meld together into a cohesive, if poorly worded thought. That new medication must be taking effect.
Tauto: For,whom?
FareFax. Unless you wanna count my jack and coke as medication.
I don't know if those family members are complete sociopaths or absolute morons. Either way they're pathological liars.
d3adb01t: I don't know if those family members are complete sociopaths or absolute morons. Either way they're pathological liars.
MOVE OUT!
d3adb01t: I don't know if those family members are complete sociopaths or absolute morons. Either way they're pathological liars.
Attachments:
rd.jpg (40 Kb)
Stan Lee is dead and even if superheroes are really not my thing it does make me feel genuinely sad.

His cameos were always so uplifting.
Ditto on Stan Lee.

Also my friend traded me a Humble code for Dead Island Definitive Edition that I can't redeem because "this subscription is not available in your region". I want to go home, even if it's just for Christmas.
Caesar.: This season I feel they're still trying to find their feet.
They might have found it now. (This latest episode had the quality I was waiting for.)
Caesar.: This season I feel they're still trying to find their feet.
Telika: They might have found it now. (This latest episode had the quality I was waiting for.)
They're on the right track with this one. I liked the twist with the aliens the most (and their design), although the human part of the plot was a bit too predictable.

Now, please give me a time-traveling episode that goes further in the past than the 20th century.
Telika: They might have found it now. (This latest episode had the quality I was waiting for.)
Caesar.: They're on the right track with this one. I liked the twist with the aliens the most (and their design), although the human part of the plot was a bit too predictable.
I wouldn't call it "predictable", it's more of a foreshadowing thing. Akin to greek tragedies, where the terrible outcome is made clear from the start, and you helplessly watch people getting pushed towards destiny. It's symmetrical to "Rosa", in that the known outcome is negative. And it echoes our helplessness in front of the current trend of ethnicism rise and cultural intolerance. Plus, I had watched "Jinnah" recently (Christopher Lee's favorite Christopher Lee movie), so the setting was particularly welcome to me.

The episode touched me. I consider it good, and I wish it was the standard for the season. I am not asking for peak quality (à la "Midnight", "Father's Day", "Vincent", "Family of Blood", etc).
Post edited November 13, 2018 by Telika