It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Because I'm an idiot, I accidentally installed Adaware Secure search on my pc (sneaked in with a utorrent install), and now I have to try and remove the damn thing root and stem >:-|
Hypocrisy

My mother, who drinks four rum & cokes every night, just chewed me out for voting to legalize marijuana in the State of Michigan.
tinyE: Hypocrisy

My mother, who drinks four rum & cokes every night, just chewed me out for voting to legalize marijuana in the State of Michigan.
Did I understand that right?
Your mother draws every night four lines of coke? Is she the sister of Charly Sheen?

viperfdl: Did I understand that right?
Your mother draws every night four lines of coke? Is she the sister of Charly Sheen?
Well, at least she doesn't shoot up in front of B&B guests anymore.

You've never heard of mixing rum and coca cola? It's a common mixed drink.
tinyE: Well, at least she doesn't shoot up in front of B&B guests anymore.
Oooookkaaayyyy?!

daedaliavallis: You've never heard of mixing rum and coca cola? It's a common mixed drink.
I only drink pure ethanol...

Seriously: I don't drink alcoholic beverages at all. Except maybe at Silvester a small glass.
tinyE: Well, at least she doesn't shoot up in front of B&B guests anymore.
viperfdl: Oooookkaaayyyy?!

daedaliavallis: You've never heard of mixing rum and coca cola? It's a common mixed drink.
viperfdl: I only drink pure ethanol...

Seriously: I don't drink alcoholic beverages at all. Except maybe at Silvester a small glass.
You got a stomach of steel there.

Neither do I, I'm pretty much a teetotaler. Never did much for me when I tried.
daedaliavallis:
viperfdl: I only drink pure ethanol...

that's my greatest bitch about life in general, not drinking anymore, if for no other reason than the fact that I was a good alcoholic. I'm serious! Most everything else I try I screw up, but I excelled at being drunk 24/7. Even when I'd lose a job, they always complimented me on the dedication it took to never show up to work sober, even accidentally. I was a natural, which ultimately was the problem, and why I had to quit.

God I could sure use a drink today, in this country, but I'll have to settle for gaming and bothering all of you fine people.
Post edited November 06, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: I was a natural, which ultimately was the problem, and why I had to quit.
Good job on that. My dad used to be an alcoholic, quitting instantly after he had recovered from his second heart attack at 46 years old (the first one was ten years earlier), and I'm afraid that a member of the extended family might be on track to become one in the very near future, if they aren't there already.

I used to drink rather heavily when I was younger, mostly due to peer pressure and being incredibly introverted otherwise, but I'm not sure if I ever actually liked it. That's one part of my past, among many, that I don't miss one bit.

EDIT: And just to chip in on the pot thing, I'm all for legalizing marijuana but am so indifferent on the issue that probably wouldn't bother to cast a vote even if our government decided to go down that route at some point. They seem to be happy enough enacting insignificant changes in alcohol policy whenever they need to distract the people from unpopular decisions taking place elsewhere though, so I can't see that happening any time soon.
Post edited November 06, 2018 by AlKim
Just passed my 37th strait hour without sleep. This is getting creepy.

On the plus side, I'm pretty sure that's a new personal best! :D
Got stuck in a bus with The Phantom Menace for the whole travel duration.

I wished for a ravine.
low rated
There's a certain three-letter acronym, common in some of the more "political" threads, that I think should be banned, because it's pretty much always used in a derogatory fashion when it's used.

(Note that I have a policy of downvoting any post that uses that three-letter acronym, and that I won't post it or to the link to the thread in question here. I will note that the acronym is not RPG, FPS, RTS, RTA, or anything of that sort.)
Telika: Got stuck in a bus with The Phantom Menace for the whole travel duration.

I wished for a ravine.
Attachments:
bus.jpg (124 Kb)
On what part of my forehead is tattooed "born yesterday?"

This is bad enough online, but when I answer the door I'm getting really tired of the "is your mom or dad at home?" with me right in front of them with my giant gray streaks.

First, I am closer to 40 than 20..

Secondly, every time I complain about this IRL I get told 'oh it's a compliment!'. It is not a compliment to a millennial and I'm no where near old enough to find it complimentary anyway.

Lastly, they always look so surprised when they find I'm not an easy sell. If it keeps up I'm just going to say "no, my parents are DEAD!!" and close the door on them.

Bonus: walking in to buy a new work shirt and get shown the children's uniforms and asked what size I wear.
daedaliavallis: On what part of my forehead is tattooed "born yesterday?"

This is bad enough online, but when I answer the door I'm getting really tired of the "is your mom or dad at home?" with me right in front of them with my giant gray streaks.

First, I am closer to 40 than 20..

Secondly, every time I complain about this IRL I get told 'oh it's a compliment!'. It is not a compliment to a millennial and I'm no where near old enough to find it complimentary anyway.

Lastly, they always look so surprised when they find I'm not an easy sell. If it keeps up I'm just going to say "no, my parents are DEAD!!" and close the door on them.

Bonus: walking in to buy a new work shirt and get shown the children's uniforms and asked what size I wear.
I actually enjoy that. I'm a 42 year old owner and operator of a B&B but I have long long blond hair and am usually wearing something like an Iron Maiden shirt.
It never gets old when someone asks, "Can I please speak to the owner?" and I reply, "You are!" :D