It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well she's kind of talked about suicide before, and she's medicated, so she has pain medicine and such. Last night I'm talking to her, she's about to go to sleep and she tells me that she overdosed, and won't wake up in the morning...then she kinda stops talking to me.

I live in a totally different state from her, so I called 911, they told me to call 411 to get the local ambulance number, so I did that, called and they said they were sending an ambulance. I called her back and told her and she FREAKED OUT...apparently her parents both have warrants out for them.

She lives in a small town, so she personally knows whoever they would send, and said they wouldn't actually send an ambulance, cause they only have one, they'd send police.

Then she tells me that she's overdosed like that before, and that she'll be fine...so then I called the ambulance back, and made sure they were going to her grandparents (where she lives) instead of her parents. They said they had to send somebody, cause if something did happen, and they hadn't sent anybody they'd be the one to get the blame.

So then she walks outside to meet them there, cause her grandparents would freak out if they knew. I'm on the phone with her this whole time, and she freakin wants to KILL me.

So she stands outside for about 40 minutes and nobody shows up, so I called them again, and apparently they hadn't sent someone, so I told them again that they didn't need to, and they said ok.

Then they called her and told her that they'd call in the morning to make sure she was ok, and if she didn't answer they'd send somebody. So me and her talked for awhile more, and I kinda got her calmed down, and not trying to bite my head off and we went to sleep.

So far this morning I've texted her, and called her a couple times, and her phone was off. It's past the time when they said they'd call, so I'm SERIOUSLY hoping they don't send someone, cause she'd never forgive me.

So yeah...it kinda sucks! :/
Well she's moved out of her parents house...and yeah...I'm not the only one who thinks that?
I'm not super angry or anything, but I watched part of the second Matrix movie ( I can't remember if it's called Reloaded or Revolutions) for the first time in about 6 years.

Anyhoo, that movie is a piece of shit. Never mind the stupid plot, my main beef is that It tries so hard to be slick and cool that it's downright nauseating and obnoxious.
Post edited May 18, 2011 by CaptainGyro
A_Future_Pilot: Well she's moved out of her parents house...and yeah...I'm not the only one who thinks that?
Life is too short to spend time on people like that, unless you're a professional. It sucks to say, but we spend 1/3 of our time sleeping and over 1/3 working. This is just an opinion, YMMV. I've watched too many people throw away good things to try and save un-saveable people.
CaptainGyro: I'm not super angry or anything, but I watched part of the second Matrix movie ( I can't remember if it's called Reloaded or Revolutions) for the first time in about 6 years.

Anyhoo, that movie is a piece of shit. Never mind the stupid plot, my main beef is that It tries so hard to be slick and cool that it's downright nauseating and obnoxious.
What do you mean? They never got around to any sequels for The Matrix, probably for the best, though, sequels for The Matrix of Highlander probably would have sucked if they'd been made, and they weren't made.
Post edited May 18, 2011 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: What do you mean? They never got around to any sequels for The Matrix, probably for the best, though, sequels for The Matrix of Highlander probably would have sucked if they'd been made, and they weren't made.
I was about to post saying "Yeah they did" but then I got the joke :P
orcishgamer: What do you mean? They never got around to any sequels for The Matrix, probably for the best, though, sequels for The Matrix of Highlander probably would have sucked if they'd been made, and they weren't made.
TheJadedMieu: I was about to post saying "Yeah they did" but then I got the joke :P
Lalalalalalalala....
http://xkcd.com/566/ BLAM!

And yeah, she's good now...she realizes that I was doing it cause I care :)
I watched a VHS tape I'm using in class tomorrow and after rewinding it, the machine wouldn't eject it! Tried unplugging it, plugging it back in and so forth with no results. As I needed the tape, and it is a library tape (big fines if its damaged), I took apart the player and managed to extract it. Unfortunately, this had the effect of killing the player. I suppose it's no great loss, as it probably was on the way out anyway if it couldn't eject a tape, but still I'm quite annoyed that I'm down one VHS player that I'll have to replace. Not only that, but it's just going to add to the pile of electronics (dead tv, dead printer, a few other odds and ends) that I have to drag to an electronics recycler. I'd feel even worse if it was going into a landfill...
What the fuck... I'm just speechless. My former girlfriend asked her mom to ask me to bring one of her gifts back after almost two years after the relationship ended (the gift is around 4 years old).

At least have the fucking decency to ask me yourself to do it, you're fucking 21 years old for Christs sake!

And to top it off the "motivation" behind it was that "Well, maybe someday you'll have a new girlfriend and she doesn't want her to make fun of it", the gift being something handmade and not silly at all.

God, I'm so happy I got out of that fuckfest of a relationship.
AndrewC: God, I'm so happy I got out of that fuckfest of a relationship.
Is there something wrong with fuckfests? :p
AndrewC: God, I'm so happy I got out of that fuckfest of a relationship.
revial: Is there something wrong with fuckfests? :p
Not at all, the sex was the best part of that relationship, but overall it wasn't worth it.

As for fuckfests in general, as long as it's low key and everyone is clean then it's all good :D
Oh boy. This is just the thread I needed right now.

So I recently got banned from a chat room for refusing the play along with a moderator who was trolling me and in turn calling me a troll for disagreeing with heir opinions. Seriously, is it a prerequisite to being a forum or chat room moderator that you have to be petty and sadistic? It's like the kid who was picked on in school who grew up mad at the world and decides to take it out on anyone that reminds them of themselves when they were less powerful... I just don't get it. Would I be the same if I became a moderator?
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Shoelip
Shoelip: Oh boy. This is just the thread I needed right now.

So I recently got banned from a chat room for refusing the play along with a moderator who was trolling me and in turn calling me a troll for disagreeing with heir opinions. Seriously, is it a prerequisite to being a forum or chat room moderator that you have to be petty and sadistic? It's like the kid who was picked on in school who grew up mad at the world and decides to take it out on anyone that reminds them of themselves when they were less powerful... I just don't get it. Would I be the same if I became a moderator?
IRC, #gog on Quakenet. Good times, good people.
Shoelip: Oh boy. This is just the thread I needed right now.

AndrewC: IRC, #gog on Quakenet. Good times, good people.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure that mod thinks she's a good person too, and for all I know she's right. It's not about good people. It's about people with mod powers. Anyone with mod powers WILL abuse them. And the WILL get away with it. That's just the way it works. I'm not good at sucking up to people just because they've been arbitrarily granted the power to silence me at their whim. It's exactly those kind of people who don't deserve respect. The term "troll" might as well mean anyone who disagrees with an opinion a moderator holds these days. That's pretty much all it's used for most of the time.
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Shoelip
there are two kinds of people who will MOD a forum:

Those who do it because they know it will turn into a total clusterfuck without moderation.
(so they are doing it out of a sense of necessity)

Those who do it because they think that doing so makes them fuuuucking awesome.
(so they are doing it because they are total losers in the real world)

P.S. fuck you Java, and fuck you shitty teacher that dished out a pain in the ass assignment after babbling incoherently for two days as if this shit is easy. It's real nice that all of this makes total sense to you after you been using it for the last 50 years (<-sarcasm), the rest of us still don't know WTF "public class" is outside of "it's that shit the book told me to type."
Post edited May 19, 2011 by Sogi-Ya