It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
Attachments:
Ever since I was little, it always bugged the heck outta me that in Happy New Year, Charlie Brown!, only the titular character seemed to be burdened with writing a book report on War and Peace. I don't remember Linus or anyone else fretting about it when they were at that New Year's party. And what kind of monster would assign War and Peace to a kid, anyway? I understand the whole premise is about Charlie Brown's abysmal luck, but I've always felt sorry for the poor guy. I'm glad other people have expressed similar sentiments about this particular cartoon.
Post edited January 03, 2018 by lanipcga
What are yalls thoughts on current gaming?

Just look at what EA has done to star wars

I think with the loot boxes, pay to win, day one dlc nonsense theres alot of problems. I guess there has always been problems like old games with bad gliches that you can't update like back in the day. Back then before the internet was as widespread it was more of a risk to buy a game.

Except a few sources like nintendo power you had to see for yourself. Word of mouth helped but yeah. People got delt a bad hand then as well but my point is its still happening maybe more or less? But definetly in alot of weird ways.
I just failed a prep exam for the second time! I have been told that I might not have the mental capacity for nursing. Then I just left 2 hours early and fell asleep on the bus, bringing me to some unknown place. Life is shit, why am I even bothering? I hate myself. I'm 25 and still don't have my shit together. I haven't even managed to finish any kind of proper job training. My former bullies are out there being lawyers, engineers, pharmacists and physicians. What kind of human trash am I to deserve this?
Post edited January 04, 2018 by Soccorro
Soccorro: I just failed a prep exam for the second time! I have been told that I might not have the mental capacity for nursing. Then I just left 2 hours early and fell asleep on the bus, bringing me to some unknown place. Life is shit, why am I even bothering? I hate myself. I'm 25 and still don't have my shit together. I haven't even managed to finish any kind of proper job training. My former bullies are out there being lawyers, engineers, pharmacists and physicians. What kind of human trash am I to deserve this?
Not really the sort of thing to go public with.
Soccorro:
<hug>
Here.

My favorite is Steven Spielberg. Not once, but several times he was rejected by USC's Film School.

http://www.businessinsider.com/successful-people-who-failed-at-first-2015-7/#young-jay-z-couldnt-get-any-record-label-to-sign-him-29

Not even listed on here is Michael Jordan who was cut from his high school's basketball team.

And of course Adolf Hitler was rejected from art school but went on to....OKAY SCRATCH THAT. FORGET THAT LAST ONE!
Post edited January 04, 2018 by tinyE
Soccorro: I just failed a prep exam for the second time! I have been told that I might not have the mental capacity for nursing. Then I just left 2 hours early and fell asleep on the bus, bringing me to some unknown place. Life is shit, why am I even bothering? I hate myself. I'm 25 and still don't have my shit together. I haven't even managed to finish any kind of proper job training. My former bullies are out there being lawyers, engineers, pharmacists and physicians. What kind of human trash am I to deserve this?
If you're trying to go for a nursing 'career', particularly in Germany at present, you're not human trash. You're quite, quite the contrary. You're the forgotten backbone of our failing social security system.

At 25, I didn't have my shit together. My brother didn't. God almighty my sister didn't. All of us have experienced hilarous failures, then performed a total 180 in our initially chosen professions (one of us way way way past the age 30 mark) to get that shit together eventually. And a job in which you're not doing well for a whole lot of possible reasons will always be accompanied by assholes who insult your intelligence as a default explanation.

You're young, you're motivated, it seems that you've chosen a profession that's massively prone to produce burnouts, and it seems that's where you're going. So you can either find a miraculous way to de-stress or make totally new plans for your life.

And hear me out here: for those plans, you still have a LOT of time. You can still choose a new path at 45, I've seen some incredible examples from close relatives and friends.
Post edited January 04, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen: If you're trying to go for a nursing 'career', particularly in Germany at present, you're not human trash. You're quite, quite the contrary. You're the forgotten backbone of our failing social security system.

At 25, I didn't have my shit together. My brother didn't. God almighty my sister didn't. All of us have experienced hilarous failures, then performed a total 180 in our initially chosen professions (one of us way way way past the age 30 mark) to get that shit together eventually.

You're young, you're motivated, it seems that you've chosen a profession that's massively prone to produce burnouts, and it seems that's where you're going. So you can either find a miraculous way to de-stress or make totally new plans for your life.

And hear me out here: for those plans, you still have a LOT of time. You can still choose a new path at 45, I've seen some incredible examples from close relatives and friends.
and if you're 42 and still don't have your shit together you aren't human trash, you're me.
tinyE: and if you're 42 and still don't have your shit together you aren't human trash, you're me.
A <hug> for you too as you seem to need it.
tinyE: and if you're 42 and still don't have your shit together you aren't human trash, you're me.
Themken: A <hug> for you too as you seem to need it.
XD I'm fine. XD I do that to show humility.
You ... HAVE ... a steady, halfway decent paying job, and one that you're on the face of it good at, regardless of how many guests you want to punch in the face.

So let's not confuse "getting shit together" with "not entirely sure what to do with my life". Because for the latter situation, there's a great graduation speech that's been turned into a song.

One that you absolutely will be able to name less than 60 seconds after I post this. :)
Okay we derailed here. :P I'm fine, I'm happy, I'm content with everything but my love life, so let's move on. Soccrorro needs a pat on the back and some self assurance, not me.
tinyE: Here.

My favorite is Steven Spielberg. Not once, but several times he was rejected by USC's Film School.

http://www.businessinsider.com/successful-people-who-failed-at-first-2015-7/#young-jay-z-couldnt-get-any-record-label-to-sign-him-29

Not even listed on here is Michael Jordan who was cut from his high school's basketball team.

And of course Adolf Hitler was rejected from art school but went on to....OKAY SCRATCH THAT. FORGET THAT LAST ONE!
The adolf hitler one is actually really god. started out as a poor rejected artist, became the revered leader of a whole nation.

Taht made me laugh, thanks :)
tinyE: Okay we derailed here. :P I'm fine, I'm happy, I'm content with everything but my love life, so let's move on. Soccrorro needs a pat on the back and some self assurance, not me.
I was just about to de-derail if only you had played along. :)

The song is "Everybody's free (to wear sunscreen)", and the very relevant lyrics are:

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life...
the most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives
some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don't
Also, don't measure yourself against school bullies. You're out of school, the comparison should have stopped graduation day and preferably much earlier. And happiness in life can absolutely not be measured in professional success, not in the husband or wife you've won, not in the number of your offspring. It just can't.