It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: I'm losing power every two hours or so and have been for past week.

I'm about to go fucking postal here.
where do u live?
tinyE: I'm losing power every two hours or so and have been for past week.

I'm about to go fucking postal here.
Jacob_1994: where do u live?
the very tip of the U.P.
Little town called Copper Harbor Michigan.

Before you say anything, I've been here thirteen years and I have NEVER suffered power outages like this, or anything close.

I think was happened was that we are still suffering the effects of a storm that hit us last week. We had 70+ mph winds and 20 ft seas for 22 strait hours. My guess is that while we got power back 15 hours after the storm, it did more damage than they are letting on and shit is still not working right.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: the very tip of the U.P.

Before you say anything, I've been here thirteen years and I have NEVER suffered power outages like this, or anything close.
Have you contacted the power company, they may have a reasons for the outages.

Jacob_1994: Have you contacted the power company, they may have a reasons for the outages.
I edited my post regarding reason. As for calling the power company, I have the feeling they are getting enough calls. :P As much as it sucks, I can live without power. We have two universities up here and countless businesses they depend on electricity, so that are no doubt giving the company enough flack for everyone. XD
Post edited November 03, 2017 by tinyE
Jacob_1994: Have you contacted the power company, they may have a reasons for the outages.
tinyE: I edited my post regarding reason. As for calling the power company, I have the feeling they are getting enough calls. :P As much as it sucks, I can live without power. We have two universities up here and countless businesses they depend on electricity, so that are no doubt giving the company enough flack for everyone. XD
I see, yeah I live on farm and we depend on power to do our jobs, there is now way in hell I'm milking 55 cows by hand. :P

good luck with your power problems
Post edited November 03, 2017 by Jacob_1994
tinyE: I edited my post regarding reason. As for calling the power company, I have the feeling they are getting enough calls. :P As much as it sucks, I can live without power. We have two universities up here and countless businesses they depend on electricity, so that are no doubt giving the company enough flack for everyone. XD
Jacob_1994: I see, yeah I live on farm and we depend on power to do our jobs, there is now way in hell I'm milking 55 cows by hand. :P
OH cool! someone who can relate to me, though I don't have cows, just miniature donkeys. :P
deleted
Post edited November 03, 2017 by Fairfox
hey bro!!!! i know power outages suck, the struggle is real!!!! hang on their
Post edited November 03, 2017 by davidVal
tinyE:
davidVal:
No sorry.

Hey, can you PM me.
*sigh* I guess I need to finally do what I've been postponing close to 2 years now I think: replacing the fan(s) on my aging ASUS G75VW gaming laptop.

G75VW has two fans (one near the CPU, and one near the GPU), and already maybe 2 years ago at least one of them started giving extra sounds. Sometimes the extra sound was quite loud and irritating, sometimes it ran silently. I already bought replacement fans online like 1½ years ago, but I haven't just felt (and dared) to open up the laptop in order to replace them.

But now during last two days or so, I've been noticing jerky movement on Team Fortress 2, so I was suspecting the laptop is throttling the speed due to overheating, but I wasn't quite sure (the laptop didn't feel hot; I didn't check with a monitor program though). But I guess now I got a confirmation because suddenly, while playing TF2, the whole PC just suddenly shut itself off, and yeah, the case did feel hot on where the GPU is I think.

When not gaming, the CPU/GPU temps don't seem alarming (e.g. GPU stays at around 65-75 C during desktop use), but I guess the GPU fan doesn't spin well enough anymore to cool it down on high performance situations. Also sometimes when starting up the laptop, you can certainly hear the GPU fan is struggling to start spinning smoothly.

I'm kinda angry to myself waiting until it overheated so much that it had to perform an emergency shutdown, but better late than never I guess. I guess today I will finally open up the laptop and replace the fans, using either of these two instruction videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otysJ5C9foI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KHrJKInmA

What irks me though is that you can already see the fans exposed when you merely take two screws out and take the back panel out... but you can't replace the fans that way. Instead, you need to take a couple dozen screws out, detact the keyboard panel, carefully detact four or five flat cables... argh. Why couldn't ASUS design it so that you could unscrew and replace the fans already when the back panel is open, since they are almost completely exposed then already?

Maybe it is not that hard (I've opened up several other laptops before, just not this one properly), I am just a bit worried about assembling it all back, whether I remember to attach all the cables and put all the screws back to right places. And of course that I don't break anything, like accidentally forcing something open. Damn it has to have so many screws...

Here goes nothing...
Post edited November 03, 2017 by timppu
Jacob_1994: ...milking 55 cows by hand. :P
Now that's what I would call a good workout. Would give a real manly man's hand grip...
There is NO infinity stone in the Thor Ragnarok film.

And Hela the main villian does not even die in the end. Her fate is open ended.

Typical marvel film where its a happy ending and all characters survive.
doronnorod:
Thanks for the Spoiler Warning.
Post edited November 04, 2017 by tinyE
TIME CHANGES SUCK!!!!
I've been neurotically picking at my beard for a while now. Today it started looking so bad I had to shave it all off. I hate everything.