It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirHandsome: Had my Arificial disc replacement surgery postpned because of low bone density. They do have medicine for getting your bone density back up but it takes about a year to work. Cant work and in bed all day, Just getting through the current day is long and painful so I imgaine this is going to be a long year.
macuahuitlgog: But isn't being in bed all day, bad for your back?
Its not good for it, but everything else is way worse. Anyone this happens to Im sure can tell you what a dangerous downward spiral it is.

My whole life I was very active, martial arts, working out, jogging, hiking and all sorts of sports and I always pushed myself so I am not afraid of pain. But if I ignore it and try and carry on or sit up things get worse and worse. I am not even alowed to strech my hamstings anymore, which put more pressure on my lower back, because the pressure to stretch them hurts my back and makes them tighten up even more. I have tried everything outside of surgery so this is the last chance at any sort of life again.
Just sprayed my 700 sqm yard for bindii, worst freaking weed ever, thank you South America.

Left it too late last year and they went to seed and poor Jake and I couldn't walk in the backyard.

A bit late this year as well as I had trouble getting a large trolley sprayer, should have sprayed a few weeks ago, but I hope it gets at least most of them.

Will have to do this every few months to keep them under control until I can get a lawn established.

I wish I had slaves to do all the jobs I hate.
HereForTheBeer: I've had a herniated disk before. Man, that sucks soooooo bad. Was about a 4-5 month ordeal until it shrunk back into place.
tinyE: Have you tried acupuncture.
My chiropractor, Marky de Sod, suggested the same thing.
A guy just came by with a new router and TV decoder. The only reason I even took the upgrade was because the lady on the phone told me that the new decoder also serves as a wi-fi router and I could get two access points this way. Well, turns out that while the hardware is capable of doing that they don't actually activate that functionality as long as I'm using a separate modem (which is hooked up in a different room). At least the new router seems to have a notably stronger antenna than the old one or something but still, I was happy that I'd finally be able to hook my consoles up via cable, so I'd never be dependent on the wi-fi gods' mercy again. Sigh...
HereForTheBeer: My chiropractor, Marky de Sod
Is he from Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch?
The worthless and contemptible goblins at Equifax did what they did.
Post edited September 22, 2017 by Alaric.us
Yeah, Equifax... gotta wonder how the CFO doesn't get notified of the large scale breach, as claimed. I mean, why tell the highest points of management that nearly half the country had vital personal info stolen? Pshah!

Credit freeze is a good idea right about now:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0497-credit-freeze-faqs
deleted
Post edited September 08, 2017 by Fairfox
Recent weeks/months were just utter shit. First the health of my mother went down. Then we found out that the wall in our living room is wet like a sponge and mildew is already growing behind a picture. This brought my mother short of a nervous breakdown because that's the room she usually spends her time when she is home.
And all this because our previous landlord didn't give a damn that the drainpipe for the gutter was clogged although we told them about the problem multiple times. Luckily our new landlord - the house we live in was sold approximately a year ago - is more dedicated and works on solving the problems.
Still, I just feel swamped.
Got email from Paypal verifying a transaction for $3.12 from Angie's List. Uh, okay? Went to the Paypal site and verified the charge. Disputed it because, well, we don't have an account with Angie's List, and it's kinda hard to make a charge on Angie's List without having an account. 'Kinda hard' = impossible. Paypal emailed back yesterday and said they denied the claim because it's a legitimate charge. Um, what part of "I do not have an account with that vendor" do you not understand?

So screw them. I'm going to make them work harder than three dollars and twelve cents in order to deal with this. Wrote to the claims center asking for the documentation of their investigation. That'll take some time, as will responding to whatever I send back.

Contacted Angie's List but haven't heard back yet. At the least, I'd like to know what my $3.12 bought for someone else. Obviously a test charge, to see if some fraudster can rob our Paypal account.

Also attempting to dispute a charge with FedEx. They failed to deliver my Next Day package on time - got there a day late after they delivered it to the wrong address - and are claiming it got there on time. Yeah, it got to the wrong address on time. I managed to catch a screenshot of the Proof-of-Delivery showing the wrong address before they had a chance to amend it to show the correct address. Now if they'd actually reply to me... only been 4 days now, with a promise to get back within 24 hours.

And another with UPS right now: late delivery. Early AM package which cost $264 got delayed, and only arrived late afternoon the same day because the intended recipient called them and raised hell after UPS had changed the delivery from last Friday to yesterday. Uh, say what? So UPS needs to issue a refund to reflect the price difference between Early AM to Standard Next Day. We'll see how that one goes.

It's pretty simple, really: do what you say you're going to do, and make immediate amends when you screw up. Mistakes happen, but you gotta fix them.
HereForTheBeer: Paypal emailed back yesterday and said they denied the claim
If your PayPal account is funded by a debit/credit card then just do a chargeback.
HereForTheBeer: Paypal emailed back yesterday and said they denied the claim
Kleetus: If your PayPal account is funded by a debit/credit card then just do a chargeback.
We had the bank account as the primary so it came out of that. Now I've removed all banks and cards, and will add and remove on a spot basis if I must use Paypal.
A guy I went to high school with just got nominated for an Emmy which makes me realize even more what a fucking waste my life has been. :P
tinyE: A guy I went to high school with just got nominated for an Emmy which makes me realize even more what a fucking waste my life has been. :P
Then do something mindblowingly awesome. RIGHT NOW! Turn that asshole's success into the catalyst that made you a legend!
tinyE: A guy I went to high school with just got nominated for an Emmy which makes me realize even more what a fucking waste my life has been. :P
F4LL0UT: Then do something mindblowingly awesome. RIGHT NOW! Turn that asshole's success into the catalyst that made you a legend!
I can't. I have people checking in later today. :P