It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tarnicus: Since Friday I've been in hospital and spent far too much time dealing with mental health services. They are fucking atrocious in this country and struggle with one fundamental aspect of communication, listening. I was nearly "sectioned" which means being deprived of my liberty and put on medication against my will. There is a still a chance it will happen, which is why my compound bow and 10 inch bayonet are on hand at all times, as the next step is often sending in the police to enforce their bullshit.

That's not what I'm upset about. Since leaving the hospital, my cat Behemoth has gone missing. I haven't seen him the past 2 nights and he hasn't snuck in to eat. I've been searching for him for the majority of today with my other cats (they follow) and he is nowhere to be seen. I did come across a large patch of fur that shows he has been in a fray (it is definitely his) and the strange thing is that there is no other cat hair. I would have said "fox" instantly but there was no blood.

The weather is really heating up here and he is most likely injured. He hasn't been well since getting cat flu a few months ago. I hope whatever happened, that he isn't suffering, and that he returns home safely.

Fuck this life, I am really tiring of it :( One thing after another, non-stop.
A pet gone missing is one of the worst feelings ever. A sickening mixture of hopelessness and anxiety. Hang in there m8!
Tarnicus: Since Friday I've been in hospital and spent far too much time dealing with mental health services. They are fucking atrocious in this country and struggle with one fundamental aspect of communication, listening. I was nearly "sectioned" which means being deprived of my liberty and put on medication against my will. There is a still a chance it will happen, which is why my compound bow and 10 inch bayonet are on hand at all times, as the next step is often sending in the police to enforce their bullshit.

That's not what I'm upset about. Since leaving the hospital, my cat Behemoth has gone missing. I haven't seen him the past 2 nights and he hasn't snuck in to eat. I've been searching for him for the majority of today with my other cats (they follow) and he is nowhere to be seen. I did come across a large patch of fur that shows he has been in a fray (it is definitely his) and the strange thing is that there is no other cat hair. I would have said "fox" instantly but there was no blood.

The weather is really heating up here and he is most likely injured. He hasn't been well since getting cat flu a few months ago. I hope whatever happened, that he isn't suffering, and that he returns home safely.

Fuck this life, I am really tiring of it :( One thing after another, non-stop.
Any update on the cat situation? Hope life has gotten a little better for you since then.
-.- My old HD 6870 just died... She was a beast and still managed to run most new games. She ran GTA V at 40 fps on medium settings and Alien Isolation at 60 fps on ultra settings. I thought about replacing her next year for a card of AMD's next generation with HBM2... Looking into a R9 380 now :/
A few days ago, I went on a hunting trip for six point or higher buck (my license does not allow for doe or smaller buck). The first day had nice weather (for hunting that is) but I only saw doe. The second day was absolute shit. It was wet out meaning the deer were hiding in the brush. Also, it was foggy up on the mountain I visited later that day making it too dangerous to shoot. It also did not help that there was evidence that black bears were still awake and roaming around so I had to be on my guard. I may not have a license for bear but if it charged at me, I have the right to turn it into a hat.

I did get to do some target shooting with a slide-action rifle my uncle just bought. Other than that, the trip was ruined by lousy weather, fog, and black bears.

Next time, I'm going for small game like rabbits or perhaps doing some trapping.
Just found out the new impressionist artist I liked a lot was a huge nazi and Lovecraft is a super racist. :( god dammit!
Crewdroog: Just found out the new impressionist artist I liked a lot was a huge nazi and Lovecraft is a super racist. :( god dammit!
WHO?
Crewdroog: Just found out the new impressionist artist I liked a lot was a huge nazi and Lovecraft is a super racist. :( god dammit!
tinyE: WHO?
Emil Nolde
tinyE: WHO?
Crewdroog: Emil Nolde
Well, at least his own party condemned his work and forbade him to paint anymore. Ironic justice?
Crewdroog: Emil Nolde
chadjenofsky: Well, at least his own party condemned his work and forbade him to paint anymore. Ironic justice?
I know, that made me laugh.
Just dropped the dinner inside the oven. Efff.

edit:
Flippin' smoky in here. On the plus side, I can now expect my two-year-old to shout "Son of a bitch!" sometime over the next few days. Should be good for a laugh.
Post edited December 06, 2015 by grimwerk
12+ hours of work today, another 12+ tomorrow, and the customer wants to know if the machine will be running by Monday. Uh no. We were already half a day behind coming in to the weekend, and now you spring on me a modification that will take about a full day to implement. So no, you don't get your machine on Monday. Maybe not even Tuesday. We'll see if they start panicking Tuesday morning, though I told them from the start it would take 6 days if everything went okay (started noonish Thursday). Adding another day of work doesn't shorten the process through some miracle of time-space warpage and whatnot.
My microSD card died yesterday, rendering many of my tablet apps inaccessible. Took me a while to verify that's the problem, because it looked fine on the PC, yet wasn't recognised by the tablet. I thought the tablet might have gone bad. But another card worked, and Windows did vaguely complain about the card, and when I tried to fix or reformat it, I couldn't. Still, all the data looked to be intact, which was good news. I backed it. Now to get a replacement.

Also, I had a ping pong between two branches of some service company, each claiming the other one was in charge of some service. Eventually they said they'd try to work out who is in charge and get back to me. I'm not too hopeful.
I crashed my infinite improbability drive. Now I'm stranded without a spec of good old game-ish-ness or awesome sauce.

I only have normal sauce, and like, new games.
I have 16 gigs of DDR3 ram and I post in gog forum and they come late and they appear in most awkward places.
Matewis: *snip*
A pet gone missing is one of the worst feelings ever. A sickening mixture of hopelessness and anxiety. Hang in there m8!
rampancy: Any update on the cat situation? Hope life has gotten a little better for you since then.
I had forgotten I'd posted here until a friend reminded me by email. Behemoth returned after 3 days and appears well :)