It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Okay breath....
langurmonkey: no morals trying to get a refund or discount or something.
After eight years of this my guess is that you hit the nail on the head with this one.
She's gone on to complain about everything she can think of but alas she has since retired for the night so screw her. :D Think I'll hit the sack myself.
When people say "begs the question", I always start looking for the petitio principii, but it's usually just used as a placeholder for "raises the question". For some unfathomable reason, the misuse/new meaning annoys me.
I'm gonna sound like a real asshole or grump, but I just looked at the front page of this board and wtf at all the giveaways. That seems to be like all the board is about really nowadays, and the board just doesn't appear very interesting to me anymore. I dunno, it's doesn't feel the same at all compared to say a few years ago. Now it just feels like a flea market or a crowd of carnival barkers or something ( I know those comparisons don't make total sense but whatever)
Post edited June 29, 2013 by CaptainGyro
So it turns out when I was supposed to make a transfer from station 1 to station 2, I shouldn't have ascended the walkway from the platform named Station 1, walked 30 metres and descended to the platform named Station 2 that is visible from Station 1. No, I should have gone out on the highway, crossed the (automobile) bridge and followed the cloverleaf interchange to another, hidden platform also named Station 2. And now I'm late for everything.
I have to point out that I only intended to transfer at remote platforms because tickets at a civilized public transport terminal cost $1 to exit and $1 to board, which is something I cannot afford. I hate being broke.
CaptainGyro: I'm gonna sound like a real asshole or grump, but I just looked at the front page of this board and wtf at all the giveaways. That seems to be like all the board is about really nowadays, and the board just doesn't appear very interesting to me anymore. I dunno, it's doesn't feel the same at all compared to say a few years ago. Now it just feels like a flea market or a crowd of carnival barkers or something ( I know those comparisons don't make total sense but whatever)
Dude, this is a good thing. It means, the GOG community is filled with generous people who care about the community. There are still plenty of discussions, giveaway free. If you want a more selfish, community, there is always the Steam forums..
CaptainGyro: I'm gonna sound like a real asshole or grump, but I just looked at the front page of this board and wtf at all the giveaways. That seems to be like all the board is about really nowadays, and the board just doesn't appear very interesting to me anymore. I dunno, it's doesn't feel the same at all compared to say a few years ago. Now it just feels like a flea market or a crowd of carnival barkers or something ( I know those comparisons don't make total sense but whatever)
langurmonkey: Dude, this is a good thing. It means, the GOG community is filled with generous people who care about the community. There are still plenty of discussions, giveaway free. If you want a more selfish, community, there is always the Steam forums..
Eh I really shouldn't have said anything. Though I have to throw in that I I don't believe at all that the giveaways are a sign of being more generous and caring about their community compared to steam or whatever other forum. Personally I think most of the time people just do it because it's the cool thing to do here, and people like to fit in. It's not some amazing act of altruism.
Man I am a buzzkill
Post edited June 30, 2013 by CaptainGyro
Hawk52: It's been two weeks of pure hell for me.
Just came in to vent how bad I feel, the government in Holland is planning to re-examine people who live on a benefit for being handicapped from a young age (WA-Jong). The plan is for 4/5th of them to be forced to live on the much worse unemployment benefit (well, they say 'work in a regular company', but in practice, it means living on the dole). Feel very nervous and put under pressure, my head running with worries all the time. But then, sounds like you have it even worse. Having to pay for a study all by yourself with little prospect of work sucks, when at the same time you have such trouble with your body.

On the positive side for myself, my study loan has been cleared, a good thing about Holland: if you're not able to pay anything back for 15 years, all study loan debt becomes nil. So I'm completely free of debt now (well, without being able to pay back it's always been a kind of virtual debt).

Still, we have it relatively good in Holland. I was involved in a lecture about people with mental illnesses with a student from Latin America, one from Asia en one from Africa and in all those continents people like me are locked up in a room chained to the wall in the family's home, out of shame and lack of proper health care. While in Holland there's mental health care, a benefit, the posibility to live on your own, with subsidy for the rent. Alas it's getting down-hill here, even the social democrates in the government soil themselves with right-wing measures.
When youtube sheeps stop

to post those annoying WTF ( insert the name of the game ) videos and threads on the game forums of Steam
to abuse the rating system of Metacritic?
Hawk52: It's been two weeks of pure hell for me.
DubConqueror: Just came in to vent how bad I feel, the government in Holland is planning to re-examine people who live on a benefit for being handicapped from a young age (WA-Jong).
I hope everything works out for you.

In truth, my situation isn't that bad. It's not great, but it could be worse. I had a frank discussion with that nurse on Thursday, and it helped me make sense with things. Dying from a heart attack at 27 might have been a good outcome, in the sense that I could have had a stroke, fell, cracked my head, and ended up permanently disabled for the rest of my life. But I caught it before it reached that point. When death may have been a positive outcome, it makes you think a little.

You're disabled? That's another thing of mine...People say I should get on some form of disability; between my knee, blood pressure, depression, and general injuries. But I'm resistant to that idea. It's hard to say why, but I feel that's funding that deserves to go to people who have no other choice, you know? Be it from being born with an issue, to some catastrophic event, they need that funding. Myself, yeah, I have the body of a broken down middle aged man (or older) but I don't feel like I'm at that level, and I feel like I'd be cheating the system if I tried.

But then realistically, what else am I supposed to do? No one will hire me with these injuries, and if I push myself too far as I know I have the habit of doing, I just end up worse off.
Rode over a jagged piece of metal by accident, pretty much shredding the front tyre of my bicycle. I counted six punctures on the inner tube.

I hope the bike shop delivers within a week, otherwise I'm going mad.
Post edited July 01, 2013 by ne_zavarj
Roman is checking into my B&B today and is here for FIVE DAYS!!!!! God help me!

Okay so it's really just someone named Roman but wouldn't you be scared?
Post edited July 01, 2013 by tinyE
tinyE: Okay so it's really just someone named Roman but wouldn't you be scared?
Damn it! And I was coming up with a cunning plan to make it look like an accident.
The next position on the ladder at my job is "Project Leader". On my team we had two of these. One left a couple weeks ago and the other one will be leaving next week. I knew with the recent merger there is basically a hire and promotion freeze but I was holding out some hope that since both PLs are gone, maybe the company would feel it was necessary or perhaps at least I'll get a raise for doing the work of two positions.

Nope. My boss talked to her boss about me and there will be no promotion or raise. Things are slow now, so our 3-person team is fine, but if we end up needing someone else, they will move a PL from another team to mine -- when I heard this, I got really annoyed.

I hate looking for a job, but I now have no choice. I'm not going to waste my time at a place where there is no longer an opportunity for advancement. Maybe it will change in 2014, but that is still 6 months away and more than likely it won't be much different. I'm not alone, every week someone else is giving their 2 weeks notice at my office. I think the other company (who is bigger and is making all the decisions) wants this to happen. Less people "polluted" by my office's systems and processes - none of which are going to be used for new projects.
Doing my tax return and expecting a decent return (similar situation to last year. almost).
Knowing my luck something will crop up to delay the refund im expecting :/