It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
UPDATE:

×××××××××××××××&time s;××××
It's time for the grand finale. Users can now win 3 games. But to get your 2nd or third game, you'll have to be the first to post the code and a screenshot of you getting the code.
×××××××××××××××&time s;××××
Good luck!

To win Impossible Creatures: The first to PM me a link to a screenshot of find Heroes of Might and Magic 3 will win it (old rules apply - can only one win game).

LIST OF HINTS:
https://youtu.be/ok7Kf2dciIo
1. Santa has disappeared. Renting a room at the inn will help you find him.

2. While developing the game, I had an idea but it didn't turn out too great and I never got a chance to make it quite perfect. The way it's implemented, it's frustrating and difficult even knowing what to do. But it may be impossible without knowing what to do. So, I give this hint: Should you ever reach the enchanted forest, the exit is to the south. It may take a while, but you will make it. Just keep heading south.

3. After you've played the game for a while and learned many of the secrets, its often best to start the game over from scratch and tackle it with your new knowledge.
-------------------------------
A Screenshot Challenge has been issued

And a winner found: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_2017_gog_christmas_treasure_hunt_121617_hundreds_of_dollars_worth_of_games_to_win/post124

CHALLENGE 2
This screenshot challenge will help those struggling with the finding the second plot:
2 screenshot challenges are open right now!
Answer is https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_2017_gog_christmas_treasure_hunt_121617_hundreds_of_dollars_worth_of_games_to_win/post155[/url]

CHALLENGE 3
There's an NPC who claimed he found a ladder that took him to the moon in the mine. If you can provide photographic proof that he's not insane, he'll reward you with a screenshot challenge bundle.

<all challenges have been completed. Check out the forums to see the solutions>

Winnings:
*The Force Unleashed Bundle*
STAR WARS™ - The Force Unleashed™ Ultimate Sith Edition
STAR WARS™: The Force Unleashed™ II

or

*I couldn't fit into a category Bundle*
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Consortium: Master Edition, The

or

*Pixelated Progress Bundle*
Tales of Maj'Ejal + Tales of Maj'Eyal: Ashes of Urh'Rok
Terraria
-------------------------------

Download the game here!
HARD MODE:
https://db.tt/dOHIY8mM3u
(no benefit to you -- this is just how the game difficulty was for the first day of the treasure hunt)
or here:

EASY MODE:
(recommended -- still tough, but a bit easier enemies)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FOa-BIo7fmkPUDA69g627MZRyVi32UfO

If Windows keeps you from running the program, click something like "more information" or something like that. And then it will give you the option to "Run Anyway."

Extract the game in a known folder (I did Desktop\Christmas myself) and then run "Game.exe"

I recommend that you save often, using different slots.

When?
Now!

What is a Treasure Hunt?

READ THIS CAREFULLY. ALMOST EVERY TREASURE HUNT, SOMEONE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE RULES FULLY AND LOSES A GAME. PLEASE READ THIS.

Treasure Hunts are different every time. But some things remain the same. In this treasure hunt, it goes like this:

- At the time stated above, you will click on a link to download a video game. The game will be an RPG.
- You will play the game. You may or may not come across hidden areas, conversations, items, or story elements that will lead you to a screen that will say something like:

"You have found The Witcher 3 Game of the Year! Be the first to post this code on the forums to win the game! HOOT_HOOT_OWL_WON_THE_WITCHER"

So then you'd get onto the forums, post the code in this thread, and if you're the first with an unedited post, then you win!

BE SURE it's not edited. If you post in the thread again shortly after your first post, then it will have been edited.

If a game is not issued to someone with an edited post but the code is present, then the first person to post a screenshot of the game winning message will be required in order to win the game.

If you have any questions, ask in this thread.

I should add that the game is hard. The game may have bugs and you may be able to abuse some of those bugs to get ahead. You MAY use those bugs to your advantage. However, you MAY NOT decompile and decrypt the game in order to find codes in a hackery way. I have built methods to identify hackers and if you are identified as a hacker, you will be added to the "Known Scammers" list.

Speaking of Known Scammers:

Who can play?
This is a game for the GOG Community. You must meet the following criteria to play:

- Have a GOG account in good standing made ON or BEFORE JULY 2017.
- If you're new to GOG and you have a new account, welcome! You are welcome to play the treasure hunt but cannot win any games. You will be able to play during the next one!
- You may not play if you're on the Known Scammers list.
- I've had plenty of chats with AcidFlux and advancedhero and have had a great time with you folks. However, you've sort of been outed under the "other offenses," so I'm afraid you can't win any games.
- If you are NOT on the known scammers list but are a scammer, you can't play either. If an account is flagged to me by a trusted person as being a scammer, then you're also out of luck. This game is for all the people who make GOG wonderful, not a pain.

Otherwise, you're in!

What can I win?
You can only win one game. So if you find a game you sort of want, you will want to weigh your chances of finding the game you *really* want with the one you've already found.

Be sure after you post your code that nobody else has won that game. I won't be keeping up with who posts first every second. Sometimes these games last for days as people try to root out all of their secrets. Sometimes they're done in 30 minutes. I just can't predict these things with you guys. So be sure you check after you post to be sure you've truly won.

We have $523.62 worth of games to win. Please redeem these for yourself. Don't gift them. If you don't want a game, pass it by.

These are games so far:
(who donated is listed before the game)

Who Game
Doc0075 Witcher 3 Game of the Year
Bookwyrm627 Age of Wonders
GameRager Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
GameRager Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
GR00T Distant Worlds:Universe
Bookwyrm627 NWN
Doc0075 Crysis
Doc0075 The Saboteur
Anonymous Impossible Creatures
Anonymous STALKER 3 game series
PaterAlf Star Vikings Forever
PaterAlf Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
Skimmie Alan Wake
Skimmie Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Skimmie Consortium: Master Edition
Advancedhero Theme Hospital
Advancedhero Sid Meier's Colonization
Tallima Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Tallima Battle Realms + Winter Wolf
Tallima Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Tallima Neverwinter Nights
Tallima Saints Row 2
Tallima Mount and Blade
Tallima Fantasy General
WildHobgoblin System Shock 2
WildHobgoblin Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
WildHobgoblin Consortium: Master Edition, The
WildHobgoblin Gorogoa
WildHobgoblin Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Luned Victoria Complete
Luned Europa Universalis
Luned Crusader Kings Complete
Luned Hearts of Iron
Luned Europa Universalis II
Luned Europa Universalis: Rome Gold
Luned Hearts of Iron II: Complete
MaxFulvus Warsow

Some of the games listed are impossible to purchase at this point.

Some games are on a code with multiple games on them. If you win one of those games, please only redeem those games. You will be added to the known scammers list if you steal another person's game.

There's more coming, too. I haven't picked mine up yet. And if you want to donate to the fun, PM me and I'll get it added.

NOTE: I don't check the validity of all of the games. You will win one code, that doesn't guarantee a game. If a jerk-face gives you a dead code, that sucks. And you can let the jerk-face know that.

Other weird rules and things to know
Every now and then, something terrible goes wrong. I mess up a game file and everything goes to crap. If something like that happens, the game is still on. You may just have to download another copy. My apologies in advance. I really do test these games a lot, but I'm just one man.

Before you play, you should download the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP. Go here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages and follow the instructions.

Lastly, please don't discuss with your friends how to find specific games. I obviously can't enforce anything on that front, but let folks discover the secrets of the game on their own, please.

Oh, and the theme: The game is about the evil Snow Queen from Narnia attempting to defeat the great legendary Santa Claus. What can you do to save the day?

If Windows keeps you from running the program, click something like "more information" or something like that. And then it will give you the option to "Run Anyway."

Extract the game in a known folder (I did Desktop\Christmas myself) and then run "Game.exe"

I recommend that you save often, using different slots.
Post edited December 29, 2017 by Tallima
First of all, congratulations on all your effort, I am excited and I'll be watching this hunt even if I am not able to play. I was thinking about downloading an older game to see how it plays. Is it possible to play this year's game on Windows XP?
greeklover: First of all, congratulations on all your effort, I am excited and I'll be watching this hunt even if I am not able to play. I was thinking about downloading an older game to see how it plays. Is it possible to play this year's game on Windows XP?
I won't be testing on xp. I only have win 10. I have many little ux machines but won't be testing those either.

Whatever rpg maker vx ace games work on should work, though. You can check online for free games made with rpg maker vx ace.

<I'm hijacking this post b/c I'm out of space above. These are the games that are left:>

Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Consortium: Master Edition, The
Europa Universalis
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)
Mount and Blade
Neverwinter Nights
NWN
Saints Row 2
Sid Meier's Colonization
System Shock 2
Warsow
Post edited December 27, 2017 by Tallima
Tallima: Oh, and the theme: The game is about the evil Snow Queen from Narnia attempting to defeat the great legendary Santa Claus. What can you do to save the day?
There was no "Snow Queen" in Narnia, she was called the White Witch and she wasn't from Narnia, but from the city of Charn in an unnamed world.

/C.S. Lewis nerd mode off

My nitpicking aside, I applaud your very creative giveaway. I'll try to at least play the game to see what its like.
Awesome to see a new incarnation!

Sadly I probably won't get a chance to even go at it until much later, but thanks for putting it together, and good luck/good fun to everyone who gets a crack at it!!!
bler144: Awesome to see a new incarnation!

Sadly I probably won't get a chance to even go at it until much later, but thanks for putting it together, and good luck/good fun to everyone who gets a crack at it!!!
When you can take a crack at it, check to see what games are still available. Sometimes these things go for a few days.
Very cool idea, how long do these take to create?
I might check out one of the older versions for fun.
Amazing! Thanks for doing this that sounds like a lot of fun!
pkk234: Very cool idea, how long do these take to create?
I might check out one of the older versions for fun.
This one will be around 20-30 hours. I'm not counting, but steam is. :) They really do vary on how long. It depends on how much original content I put in and what I use to make them.

They are fun to build, host and play.

If an old one doesn't have a working download link and you want to play it, let me know.

The old rpg maker ones were made on rpg maker xp so you will need the rpg maker xp rtp available from the website posted in my first post.
Updated the games list and the total value. More games are still being added, too!
And the game is finally done! I'll add a bit of pizzazz here and there until Saturday, but I'm done. Yay!

I've got all of the games added so far. And I added mine. There's still a few folks who are saying they might add to the pot, so we'll see where it ends up at. Right now, an impressive pool of $391.74 of games have been donated. Thank you all!

Here's the list of games to win:

Witcher 3 Game of the Year
Age of Wonders
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Distant Worlds:Universe
NWN
Crysis
The Saboteur
Impossible Creatures
STALKER 3 game series
Star Vikings Forever
Star Control: The Ur-Quan Masters
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Consortium: Master Edition
Theme Hospital
Sid Meier's Colonization
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Battle Realms + Winter Wolf
Neverwinter Nights
Saints Row 2
Mount and Blade
Fantasy General

What game are you most excited to win?
Some nice games in that mix. Kudos for your hard work in putting this together yet again, Tallima. Hope you get lots of participants and I really hope everyone has a great time. :)
Bump

Of all the games I probably want to win Saboteur the most. Distant Worlds:Universe looks really cool, too.

I started playing the invasion of cron yesterday, it's very fun ( I found thief 2 hiding in the shadows) but boy it's difficult. I had to read the other thread for tips. There were some parts that were frustrating to me so I'll just mention them here in case they are of any use to you.

- If you don't find the way to get infinite money, you can't get the needed level ups to progress in the game. I know you mention "taking advantage of bugs" but I find this bad because most rpgers don't look for a way to take advantage of such a "bug" and just think they can progress in a normal way by doing quests/battles.
- Sometimes you have to trigger a message by pressing space while looking at a square from a specific direction. Example: a rock had a code but when you were in front of the rock and pressed space nothing happened, you had to go behind the rock. The game would be very time consuming if we had to check every "suspicious" object from all four directions.
- I'd like an explanation of acronyms/stats when I begin the game. I suppose PDEF is physical defence and MDEF is magical defense?
- At some point I entered a building from the top/north side without a door shown. If a building has a door I'd like to see it/know where it is. I don't want to check walls that I don't see for doors.
- Is there a way to make a map in these games or put some obvious text over a building that indicates that building is a tavern, temple, etc?
greeklover: Bump

Of all the games I probably want to win Saboteur the most. Distant Worlds:Universe looks really cool, too.

I started playing the invasion of cron yesterday, it's very fun ( I found thief 2 hiding in the shadows) but boy it's difficult. I had to read the other thread for tips. There were some parts that were frustrating to me so I'll just mention them here in case they are of any use to you.

- If you don't find the way to get infinite money, you can't get the needed level ups to progress in the game. I know you mention "taking advantage of bugs" but I find this bad because most rpgers don't look for a way to take advantage of such a "bug" and just think they can progress in a normal way by doing quests/battles.
- Sometimes you have to trigger a message by pressing space while looking at a square from a specific direction. Example: a rock had a code but when you were in front of the rock and pressed space nothing happened, you had to go behind the rock. The game would be very time consuming if we had to check every "suspicious" object from all four directions.
- I'd like an explanation of acronyms/stats when I begin the game. I suppose PDEF is physical defence and MDEF is magical defense?
- At some point I entered a building from the top/north side without a door shown. If a building has a door I'd like to see it/know where it is. I don't want to check walls that I don't see for doors.
- Is there a way to make a map in these games or put some obvious text over a building that indicates that building is a tavern, temple, etc?
Good stuff in there.

Pdef and mdef you got right. Rpg maker vx ace uses some others. In the upcoming game you'll find you also have stamina. I have it labeled ST. Att or atk is your attack power. Agi defines to-hit and miss, I think. Im no expert at the combat numbers. I do some tests, adjust, and move on.

The infinite money bug was a real bug. Not intentional. You don't need a million levels to beat the game. But I found or maybe someone reported the bug shortly after release and it was definitely fun to know about - especially bc a player hated their class choice and they ended up companion about it. But their class was the only class with access to the bug.

As for facing a direction, most of those will have a hint. Sometimes the hints are just subtle. Sometimes someone catches on to one.

The game is hard. And it can be mean. There are a few especially mean ones in the upcoming treasure hunt. One that just makes me giddy with laughter. The best mean one in cron was the one where it looks like you have to stand in one spot for an hour. But in reality, it's just 3 minutes. An npc tells you about it.

All in all, paying attention to subtle clues gets you through the game. Sometimes you'll hit something by chance and miss a clue, but there probably was a clue somewhere. Usually. Or it's just mean.

The map was laid out identical to middlegate from might and magic 2.they didn't have signs, so neither did I. I let folks know that playing the first few hours of m&m2 would help them out.

In the upcoming game, you won't run into those problems. Locations are self explanatory. But you will run into moments of frustration. It wouldn't be a treasure hunt if it was easy. But I hope to give a feeling of delight and accomplishment when you achieve a real victory.

I hope you enjoy it!
We start in 27 hours. If you are still a Ning on donating, send it in the next 8 hours. I'll finish putting the last donations on the forum and in the game this evening.