It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Motherflipping door access

Remember, this is a test of the Barefoot Essential thing. Do not mind and drink to forget.

EDIT: This test post seems also to be the 600th test post in this test thread.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Prah
Wow. Fantestic thread.
Speaking of tests, I really dislike when a developer makes a demo for a game and then just stops supporting it after a while and stops distributing it. Case in point: The Memory of Eldurim. It's an Early Access game that looks to combine Dark Soul-ish style action with an open world similar to The Elder Scrolls games (specifically Skyrim). Sounds great, right? Right! BUT it's an Early Access game nonetheless made by an unknown developer. Just let that sink in for a moment. An unknown (I believe it's their first (FIRST!) game and they're taking on a project that is that ambitious.

Now I would love to support this project. It's ambitious, it's a major risk on the part of the developers, the game itself sounds awesome and I'm a complete sucker for open world games. However I'm not ready to part with $15 for a game that ambitious made by a small unknown developer without at least trying a demo. Now there is (was) a demo for the game but the developers don't distribute it anymore and it's the kind of demo where you basically get a client that downloads/installs the game from their website. In other words, the demo is gone. And that is why they're not getting my $15.
Gydion: Indeed. So far you are failing.
I'm used to that...
NoNewTaleToTell: that looks to combine Dark Soul-ish style action with an open world similar to The Elder Scrolls games (specifically Skyrim). Sounds great, right? Right!
Wrong! Sounds like my nightmare game from hell, since I hate Dark Soul-ish and Skyrim-ish games with passion. :)
NoNewTaleToTell: ...
I have never played Dark Souls but I love open world games. Problem is, for these games to work you need a pretty large team. Open world means at least a BIG world to explore and it has to be filled with content. I think the concept could work when done by a large company with a lot of experience. Many people see combat as one of the weak points of the TES series, while DS is praised for exactly this.
sunshinecorp: Wrong! Sounds like my nightmare game from hell, since I hate Dark Soul-ish and Skyrim-ish games with passion. :)
And why would that be? I mean - ignore (that's what I do with RTS games, since I really suck at playing them). But hatred for them?
Post edited October 22, 2014 by toxicTom
toxicTom: I have never played Dark Souls but I love open world games. Problem is, for these games to work you need a pretty large team. Open world means at least a BIG world to explore and it has to be filled with content. I think the concept could work when done by a large company with a lot of experience. Many people see combat as one of the weak points of the TES series, while DS is praised for exactly this.
sunshinecorp: Wrong! Sounds like my nightmare game from hell, since I hate Dark Soul-ish and Skyrim-ish games with passion. :)
toxicTom: And why would that be? I mean - ignore (that's what I do with RTS games, since I really suck at playing them). But hatred for them?
Well, OK, I like exaggerating. I don't really hate them.
HATE should be reserved for Dragon Age 2.
Post edited October 22, 2014 by sunshinecorp
sunshinecorp: Well, OK, I like exaggerating. I don't really hate them.
Never tested this one. Since our tastes seem to differ a lot, maybe I should give it a try.
sunshinecorp: Well, OK, I like exaggerating. I don't really hate them.
toxicTom: Never tested this one. Since our tastes seem to differ a lot, maybe I should give it a try.
Just don't say I didn't warn you. This game is downright offensive to its predecessor.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

While the sold-out "professional" reviewers did their best to get a payday from EA, you can see how the USERS disagree with them. 1000 negative reviews.

Sadly, I played the game to the end, in case it got better somehow, later on. It didn't.
tl;dr, but I wholeheartedly support this thread, whatever it's supposed to be about.
Chandoraa: tl;dr, but I wholeheartedly support this thread, whatever it's supposed to be about.
Plot twist: The thread is supposed to be about your life story.
Chandoraa: tl;dr, but I wholeheartedly support this thread, whatever it's supposed to be about.
Prah: Plot twist: The thread is supposed to be about your life story.
This.
starting gog_galaxy_sct.exe
///
//re-routing......
ERROR
01010010 01000101 01000010 01001111 01001111 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111
NoNewTaleToTell: that looks to combine Dark Soul-ish style action with an open world similar to The Elder Scrolls games (specifically Skyrim). Sounds great, right? Right!
....Oh haha

toxicTom: I have never played Dark Souls but I love open world games. Problem is, for these games to work you need a pretty large team. Open world means at least a BIG world to explore and it has to be filled with content. I think the concept could work when done by a large company with a lot of experience. Many people see combat as one of the weak points of the TES series, while DS is praised for exactly this.
toxicTom: And why would that be? I mean - ignore (that's what I do with RTS games, since I really suck at playing them). But hatred for them?
Yeah, I've never played Dark Souls either but I sort of understand its mechanics. Like I said, one of the things putting me off just throwing $15 at the developer of The Memory of Eldurim is that they're A: A small team and B: Working on their first release, and I don't think they're industry veterans who've worked on a lot of games haha. Who knows, they could surprise everybody and release the modern equivalent of Gothic but I'll be holding on to my $15 until there is at least a demo (again).