It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
armedready: I did but when i posted the link it went wonky
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/where_the_hell_is_thursdays_new_game/post3123
This does seem to happen if the post isn't on the assumed page, mostly due to deleted posts in previous pages. I personally find it a bit easier to find the post if I have the post number, but I am an odd fella. No worries either way :)
bigsilverhotdog: You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers
timppu: Just speak for yourself. I think the progressive discount model is fine, especially as GOG takes into account any games you already have on your account (unlike the bundle pricing on certain other services where you don't get compensated for having some of the games in the service already).

If anything, I'm a bit disgusted of you saying what i should or shouldn't be buying (like Enforcer, Interceptor and Railroads). At least I am interested to check them out and make up my own mind whether there are any redeeming qualities in them (it might be even something as simple as the soundtrack of the game).

If I had listened to people like you, I would have probably missed the gem known as Far Cry 2. Great game IMHO, YMMV.
Steam added this feature just this month:

http://techraptor.net/content/steam-bundles-receive-dynamic-pricing-lowering-prices-for-owned-games

I don't mind the bundle price being lower, but it is a bit irritating when bundle prices don't receive the same discounts on weekend promos and such. For example, the Metro Redux games sell for $20 each, with the bundle going for $30. When the games have gone on sale for -75% in the past though, the only option was to buy each for $5 instead of getting the bundle for $7.50.

In this case though, I don't see any issues with the pricing model.
SLP2000: I think we will get Sone and Srga eventually, and with all those "impossible to bring on GOG" publishers, I hope Microsoft is not an impossible task.
Navagon: Sega, yeah, sure at some point. But as far as the PC is concerned they're mostly Total War and the odd Sonic game. As much as I love Total War, that doesn't make them a major publisher.

Sony... I don't know what it is with the Japanese, but they've really got something against the PC as a gaming platform. They don't simply ignore it, they're dead against it. Ask any PC gamer who's lived there. Steam, for instance is mostly blocked for them. That's the way it is over there.

Microsoft I don't know about. If the pendulum swings towards the idea that selling old games could be lucrative I'm sure they'll just make it a Windows Store thing. If it doesn't swing that way then I doubt they'd bother with GOG; as if that's worth doing then so is putting the games on their own Store themselves and taking 100% of the money from doing so (minus any tax they can't dodge).
Sony not supporting PC isn't really a Japanese thing so much as it's a console thing. They simply don't want to put games they own on PC, as they'd rather hold those games hostage to PlayStation to bring that more brand value (which I understand to a certain extent, but I think the console & PC markets are largely 2 separate ones). Luckily, a compromise both Sony and Microsoft have made for indie devs this generation is helping to fund their games in exchange for releasing only to their console + PC (think games like Transistor, Ori and the Blind Forest and The Witness). Apparently, there are enough console peasants out there that not being on the competing console is valuable enough to let the devs release on PC too (and thus increase their sales). All that being said, games Sony outright owns like Bloodborne and Uncharted won't come to PC for the foreseeable future, possibly ever.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by DrearierSpider
deonast: Hmm many I've not heard of, but Black Dahlia I have the box and I think it was 8CDs still unplayed. Guess I put it off for fear of all that disc switching. Would love to see a packaged version on GOG of that one.
Painted_Doll: https://web.archive.org/web/20030217172252/http://www.talonsoft.com/techsupport/gamehelp/blackdahlia.php
http://www.mysterymanor.net/Atticsaves/index.php?act=view&amp;id=35
Thanks for that. I'll have to give that a try at some stage. But right now sleep calls (well it more knocks than anything, upon my head).
Barry_Woodward: 7 years ago.
Barry_Woodward: [url=]Serious Sam II[/url]
Grargar: Croteam retained ownership of Serious Sam II and the game is currently being published by their partners, Devolver Digital.
Barry_Woodward: Ahem. :P
HG1995: Did GOG sell Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich up until 2 or three years ago?
Grargar: Yes. It used to be here by a different company till it was removed 2 years ago when said company lost the publishing rights.
Thanks. i wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.
Almost bought it before but i was a bit late.
Good to see it back
omega64: Less classics more Borderlands. :P
More classics, more borderlands and more other games xD.
DrearierSpider: Sony not supporting PC isn't really a Japanese thing so much as it's a console thing.
We're not talking new games here. Or even old games they've slapped an HD label on. We're talking the really old stuff, like Wipeout that they've got and won't be doing anything with and it won't be a conflict of interest to release them here. You see, unlike MS, they have no PC outlet for these titles. But to be honest, the number of games like that which Sony have is so small as to be almost inconsequential.
Barry_Woodward: *snip*
Sorry to bother you again, but the link for Rising Tide is broken. The rest are fixed though.

Also, you might want to remove The Guy Game for "reasons": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Guy_Game#Lawsuit
Mazix7: YIIIPPEEE - as in my geologist just found a gold mine :)
Now that's a reference to my all-time favourite game - one which is still sorely missed on the gog catalogue. See my tagline.
Mazix7: YIIIPPEEE - as in my geologist just found a gold mine :)
musteriuz: Now that's a reference to my all-time favourite game - one which is still sorely missed on the gog catalogue. See my tagline.
I thought it was in Settlers 2 Gold Edition they said that...
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Tarm
musteriuz: Now that's a reference to my all-time favourite game - one which is still sorely missed on the gog catalogue. See my tagline.
Tarm: I thought it was in Settlers 2 Gold Edition they said that...
That was my first thought too and we have the original and the remake, may they forever remain on gog.com.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Tarm: I thought it was in Settlers 2 Gold Edition they said that...
Klumpen0815: That was my first thought too and we have the original and the remake, may they forever remain on gog.com.
They're classics of the classics so to speak. May they forever live here. :)
CJstratGamer08: With 2K

does that mean we could be seeing the Civilization series? Wait, saw your post a bit late Grargar.

DeMignon: The completionist in me rejoices in seeing the first Freedom Force title and complains because Railroad Tycoon 1 is missing.
CJstratGamer08: If I remember correctly Sid Meier actually released Railroad Tycoon 1 as freeware. I think you will need Dos Box.

http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/downloads.html

There you go.
+1 for this, thanks!
high rated
Dear GOG, please make arrangements with 2K to add the original Railroad Tycoon to the catalog as a freebie.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: Dear GOG, please make arrangements with 2K to add the original Railroad Tycoon to the catalog as a freebie.
+1; if there are any differences between the original and Deluxe, it'd be nice to see both.
Or why not just package the original and sequel together as Railroad Tycoon 1+2? I guarantee such a pairing would spur additional sales. The first game may be available for free as an obscure download from 2K, but most customers coming here won't know that. Bring it here. Make it legitimate. Complete the series.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Barry_Woodward