It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
I'll echo other peoples comments about the CIV games, Max Payne and so on.

17 Pages in 16 hours, its clear this is one of the publishers people have been waiting for. All we can hope is that the huge wad of cash they've just made makes them open to releasing much more of their catalogue.
Azhdar: What about Max Payne? I forgot to mention it. I really like to see GOG version of MP 1&2.
Not by 2K, but by Rockstar and there is no guarantee that GOG has actually signed with them.
bigsilverhotdog: they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals
Actually both enforcer and interceptor were still developed by MicroProse ...
So many games to look forward to! Perhaps Pirates! as soon as I can negotiate a yes from my wallet. :)
Klumpen0815: Not a single Linux package and a blue said that there won't be any...
shmerl: What Linux games from 2K are there besides pretty recent ones?

From this list I see:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
BioShock Infinite
Spec Ops: The Line
XCOM 2

They didn't make it to GOG yet. But if they'll start pulling nasty stuff like with Dying Light or Metro, then it will be a problem.
We still don't have the Linux ports of Larry Reloaded, Banner Saga, Dying Light, Metro and some other more recent games either, so I wouldn't be surprised if the DRM-free versions of those would be Windows exclusive too.
I was just hoping for DosBox and WINE packages of the old games for Linux so we don't have to make those ourselves out of the Windows installers.
I've decided to not buy them until they support Linux which would be an incredibly easy task with the old ones, it seems to be a rights problem, hopefully it gets resolved.
Grargar: Not a 2K game and Croteam has publicly mentioned that they aren't interested in releasing more of their games here.
Not a 2K game. Now owned by Bethesda.
Not really. 2K only publishes Duke Nukem Forever, while the older games would require a separate contract with Gearbox.
So why does Mobygames still list all of these under 2K? It really irritates me that these lists don't update according to ownership.

Really upset about Serious Sam... have Croteam stated why they are being dickheaded over GOG support?
Grargar: Not a 2K game and Croteam has publicly mentioned that they aren't interested in releasing more of their games here.
Not a 2K game. Now owned by Bethesda.
Not really. 2K only publishes Duke Nukem Forever, while the older games would require a separate contract with Gearbox.
ReynardFox: So why does Mobygames still list all of these under 2K? It really irritates me that these lists don't update according to ownership.

Really upset about Serious Sam... have Croteam stated why they are being dickheaded over GOG support?
They don't want to bother with keeping games updated on different sites.
ReynardFox: So why does Mobygames still list all of these under 2K? It really irritates me that these lists don't update according to ownership.
Who knows? Maybe Mobygames operates by releases and there hasn't been a Prey rerelease ever since Bethesda acquired Prey (not sure about how it goes with other games).

ReynardFox: Really upset about Serious Sam... have Croteam stated why they are being dickheaded over GOG support?
When they were asked about a possible GOG release of Talos Principle, they said...
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Grargar
omega64: They don't want to bother with keeping games updated on different sites.
Yep, I'm definitely sticking with dickheaded, especially when the Steam version of Serious Sam 2 is essentially DRM free already.
Grargar: When they were asked about a possible GOG release of Talos Principle, they said...
Sigh.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by ReynardFox
omega64: They don't want to bother with keeping games updated on different sites.
ReynardFox: Yep, I'm definitely sticking with dickheaded, especially when the Steam version of Serious Sam 2 is essentially DRM free already.
Grargar: When they were asked about a possible GOG release of Talos Principle, they said...
ReynardFox: Sigh.
It's not like they update the HD versions of Serious Sam TFE and TSE or even SS3 all that much. Really seems like they're being dicks for the sake of it.
omega64: It's not like they update the HD versions of Serious Sam TFE and TSE or even SS3 all that much. Really seems like they're being dicks for the sake of it.
It certainly feels like it, that or it's just colossal laziness.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by ReynardFox
omega64: It's not like they update the HD versions of Serious Sam TFE and TSE or even SS3 all that much. Really seems like they're being dicks for the sake of it.
ReynardFox: It certainly feels like it, that or it's just colossal laziness.
They seem to be swimming in money if they have no interest in the tiniest amount of work in order to sell us anything, not even their old stuff.

They made DRM-free offline installers for a Humbe Bundle once.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Tallin: They specifically left the Civilization name out of the sequel because they were not entitled to the IP.

I believe Take 2 (Firaxis/2K) owns the rights to the Civilization IP. Civilization: Call to Power is probably murky, legally speaking, and the earlier Civilizations may be, as well, since they were not published by 2K (they are also not available on Steam, last I checked, but that may be due to perceived interest and effort to make them compatible on that service).
Not sure what you mean. Take-Two bought the rights of the Civilization franchise from Infogrames which had bought Hasbro before which had bought MicroProse and Avalon Hill from Activision which had bought MicroProse and Avalon Hill and therefore the rights of the Civilization name.

Not very easy to follow but according to industry standards for a best-selling brand quite normal and far from legal limbo. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization_%28series%29)

And somewhere in the meantime Activision bought a license to make Call to Power and made it. So while Call to Power is not made by MicroProse or Firaxis I would regard it as legitimate member of the Civilization family. And in some ways (post nuclear war, armies) it even was ahead of its time when published.

So now Take-Two Interactive owns the rights to all Civilizations except Call to Power which still belongs to Activision. Activision was on GOG earlier, so Call to Power was here earlier and it's not badly rated. People generally see it as a good Civ 2 clone.

Not to forget Alpha Centauri which is very similar and belongs to EA.

All in all I hope for Civ 2-4 (Civ 1 only for nostalgic reasons) and maybe V (one dares to hope).

Civ 3 and Civ 4 already have been offered without DRM on special occasions. So I guess there is not much to do for the publishers and GOG.
bigsilverhotdog: Here's a note to GOG (and 2k, and any other developer with a catalog of both great and horrible games):

You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers when you force package pricing upon us. No XCOM fan wants to own the debacles that were Enforcer or Intercepter (those games don't belong with the first 3 except in name, they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals, and they're nowhere near the quality), and no RRT fan wants anything to do with the retrogressive, constantly crashing, abomination/joke that was Railroads.

Reminding us you made those games is unwise to start with, and trying to force us to purchase those games to get our classics with the full discount is simply backward and insulting business. I actually already own every single one of those games because I was already pushed into package pricing once to buy them on Steam. It pissed me off. I never forgot it.

And I never did it again.

And I never will.

I would have bought (again) the first 3 XCOM games, and 2/3 from the RRT games, to support GOG and get the GOG versions. But now I won't.

You know better than this GOG (and 2k).

Stop it.
It's their way of maximizing the profit (and a quite common one in the whole commercial world for that). Actually nobody is forcing bundle price on you. You can still buy them separately.

The reason why a bundle has a higher discount is that maybe not all games in a bundle interest you equally, so they have to lower the price of the bundle in order to make it attractive for the customer. If the price is still not attractive enough for you, buy only the single games from the bundle. If the price of the single games is not attractive at all, don't buy or wait until another sale happens.

The general idea is that you spent a bit more than you would have spent otherwise while getting some additional mediocre games you didn't really want to play but might give a try for that price.

You cannot expect them to only sell you the games you really want to have and for a very cheap price too - because then they would not make enough profit.

I have sympathy for special bundles discounts as long as you can get say at least half of the games in the bundle (the good ones) cheaper than the price of the whole bundle. So it obviously depends on the spread between the bundle discount versus the single game discount.

Btw. It's also possible to permanently delete games from a library (iirc by a support ticket basis). But hiding them in the library and never looking again at them should be sufficient in most cases. Heck, I have good games that I actually want to play and I never downloaded them and played them so far.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Trilarion
DrearierSpider: I believe Bethesda currently owns the rights to Prey. And The Darkness 1 was never released on PC unfortunately, so the best we'd get is just 2 unless they decide to port it (which seems unlikely).
Azhdar: What about Max Payne? I forgot to mention it. I really like to see GOG version of MP 1&2.
Oooooh. Max Payne. How could we forget ole' Max?