It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vythonaut: As for the Porsche Unleashed, i remember i used to play it with my dad back then (the PS version, split-screen) and we were having lots of fun. I don't think i've played the single player mode of it though.
It's pretty fun as well. You start a generation or two before the first 911, and play 'through the years'. What's interesting about it is that for the most part you race with your own cars, which you buy and repair yourself with money won from races / selling cars. There's a whole marketplace system in the game, which somehow resets/randomizes after each race. So after each race you typically look over the available deals to look for good ones. You can buy an old car, fix it up and add it to your collection to race with, or simply resell it at a profit. In this way you gradually build up a whole garage worth of cars.
If memory serves, the game is split into 3 eras, by the end of which you take part in a race in Monaco for a once-off chance to win a special Porsche model. I remember the first one you could win this way is the 550
tinyE: OT

This is a pic I took about an hour ago when I took my boat out on Lake Superior (which of course is also part of the US/Canada border) to do a little fishing with my friends.

I realized our demented POTUS is upset about immigration but this is getting out of hand!
One of the best gaming levels ever conceived! I especially love how you get to experience a small part of the level first during nighttime, with a small team, and then to be surprised afterwards by the sheer size of the full level during daytime, and with a full team.
tinyE:
I have been wondering for two days now what game that is but now I think it is from one of the Commandoes games and looking at the shop's page for the 2+3 pack confirms it. Cool games, no clue why they did not attract me more. I quit just a bit into the free Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe.
well, I had to post this...
Matewis: It's pretty fun as well. You start a generation or two before the first 911, and play 'through the years'. What's interesting about it is that for the most part you race with your own cars, which you buy and repair yourself with money won from races / selling cars.
It sounds like they went for a Gran Turismo kind of experience. I took a look at the relevant wikipedia article and look what i read: "The PS1 version contains different title/cars/music and different tracks. None of the tracks are the same between PC/PS1, with different locations, and names. It is likely that a completely different game engine was used.". It looks like the game you've played wasn't like the game i played (assuming you've played the PC version of it). :P
Matewis: It's pretty fun as well. You start a generation or two before the first 911, and play 'through the years'. What's interesting about it is that for the most part you race with your own cars, which you buy and repair yourself with money won from races / selling cars.
Vythonaut: It sounds like they went for a Gran Turismo kind of experience. I took a look at the relevant wikipedia article and look what i read: "The PS1 version contains different title/cars/music and different tracks. None of the tracks are the same between PC/PS1, with different locations, and names. It is likely that a completely different game engine was used.". It looks like the game you've played wasn't like the game i played (assuming you've played the PC version of it). :P
Hmmm curious, and yes, I did play the pc version. This is pretty representative of how I remember the pc version, except for the lack of other racers of course : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHDd-rdEzcg
Matewis: This is pretty representative of how I remember the pc version, except for the lack of other racers of course : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHDd-rdEzcg
I remember all the tweaking needed to properly tune the car - was frustrating and rewarding at the same time. For me, Porsche (2000) was the best NFS, followed by Most Wanted (2005) and Underground 2 (2004). Hot Pursuit (2010) was pretty entertaining too.
Why I refuse to take the train.
Attachments:
train.jpg (52 Kb)
Finished KB:C and played Legend of Grimrock 2 but I can't make a screenshot of that game.
Attachments:
GT Racing @ Oschersleben. Great track!

Matewis: This is pretty representative of how I remember the pc version, except for the lack of other racers of course
No way PS could produce such clean graphics. :P I saw a video regarding the evolution of the NFS series; bookmarked it to see it later; maybe i'll remember some of the older NFS games that i used to play.
Attachments:
Painting the town... blue, green, and yellow?
Attachments:
Last race of the '04 FIA GT Racing season @ Donington, England. The weather during the practice & qualifying sessions was sunny and warm thus allowing for some fast laptimes, but the forecast indicated heavy rain for the rest of the day, which was eventually proved correct. A good race nonetheless.

Mr.Mumbles: Painting the town... blue, green, and yellow?
Is this a Doom wad?
Attachments:
Mr.Mumbles: Painting the town... blue, green, and yellow?
Vythonaut: Is this a Doom wad?
Indeed, it is a Doom mod called The Adventures of Square. I just found out about it a few days ago when the second episode (out of 3) was released. It's quite a bit more light-hearted than most of its ilk with an added bit of personality. ;)
Post edited April 11, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
Playing some pvp in Elder Scrolls Online (graphics turned way down). Here I am sneaking into an enemy quest hub. ESO's approach to pvp is pretty interesting. This is a gigantic battleground where each of the 3 factions battle it out for control of different castles, keeps, towns, farms, mines, lumber yards and temples, with battles that can get massive - it's not unusual to have 30+ players turning a small farm into a chaotic battleground. But also scattered throughout the map are tons of pve content, including some very high reward daily quests in each of the 3 towns. So the problem can then arise that an opposing faction is controlling a town you want to do quests in, which is what was the case in the screenshot. Hence the sneaking towards the quest givers lest I be ganked by several 'yellow-faction' players.
Attachments:
sneak.jpg (188 Kb)
Vythonaut: Is this a Doom wad?
Mr.Mumbles: Indeed, it is a Doom mod called The Adventures of Square. I just found out about it a few days ago when the second episode (out of 3) was released. It's quite a bit more light-hearted than most of its ilk with an added bit of personality. ;)
Great, thanks for the info & link, i'll try it later when i return home! :)