It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Rushing like a boss!

Out of curiosity, I installed it on my Mac mini via Wine and it runs surprisingly well. I had to lower the resolution a bit for smooth play but the quality difference is barely noticeable. Plays great with my 8bitdo gamepad. :)
Attachments:
Post edited January 29, 2018 by Mr.Mumbles
Mmm...crispy burglar.
Attachments:
peekaboo.png (149 Kb)
zapzapzap.png (151 Kb)
You call that a fair trade?!?!
Attachments:
i am playing a lot of grim dawn lately.

a bunch of skeleton archers triggering some nasty "when hit effects" ...
Attachments:
gd01.jpg (348 Kb)
Post edited January 30, 2018 by Smogg
This is the definition of streamlined design!

Smogg:
Quite the title you have there! It really is the most imaginative one that i've seen around here; kudos for including Pluto too! :)
Attachments:
I yield! And someone looking for friends...but not desperately. Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession.
Attachments:
code_003.png (43 Kb)
code_004.png (50 Kb)
Post edited February 01, 2018 by PeterRJG
PeterRJG: ...
Wow, so someone actually does play one of these! Great! Good luck!
I played all of the SSI Dreamforge games when they were originally released. I found Strahd the hardest of the lot.

Nothing like GOG to work up that nostalgia.
Finally managed to max out the Civ 1 palace! Last I played an emperor game I came close : 33/37 upgrades but had to rush towards the end to keep India from winning the space race.
My only regret is not having taken screenshots of each tier of the palace :(

Weirdly they never managed to completely improve upon the city view or the palace in subsequent games. Civ 2's city view was pretty 'meh' and though civ 3's city view looks a lot better, especially with wonders, it never gives you the proper impression for a big city. Massive cities have about the same amount of buildings as cities with half the population.
Palaces too. Civ 2 has a throne room instead, but civ 3 also went for a steadily growing palace. Only it looked too small and unimpressive.
Attachments:
palace.jpg (123 Kb)
kingdom.jpg (222 Kb)
rome.jpg (212 Kb)
caesarea.jpg (225 Kb)
Post edited February 01, 2018 by Matewis
Matewis: Finally managed to max out the Civ 1 palace!
Weirdly they never managed to completely improve upon the city view or the palace in subsequent games.
Yeah, one of the very few things I liked in the first Civilization (hope I spelt that right). Not enough to make me want to play it ever again though. Not fond of the first Civ game here.
Matewis: Finally managed to max out the Civ 1 palace!
Weirdly they never managed to completely improve upon the city view or the palace in subsequent games.
Themken: Yeah, one of the very few things I liked in the first Civilization (hope I spelt that right). Not enough to make me want to play it ever again though. Not fond of the first Civ game here.
Yeah, I'm kind of relieved that I'm done with it now myself. It's still fun, but quality of life improvements in subsequent civs sometimes makes the first civ a bit annoying at stages. Still, I just had this obsession with completing that damned palace!
Civ 3, resource placement aside, is the oldest civ I think that will remain timeless.
Matewis: Civ 3, resource placement aside, is the oldest civ I think that will remain timeless.
Civ 2 was a horror to setup working for me last time I tried it. I guess wrapping it in something would make it easier to get working.
And it's back to Diablo 2. My new Fishymancer, Perisher, made his way through Act 1 and is about to descend into the depths of the Palace in Act 2. One of the most grueling parts of Normal difficulty is making it all the way to the Halls of the Dead without being able to cube chipped gems, rejuvenation potions, etc. When I finally got my Horadric Cube, I gleefully upgraded everything until my backpack was freed up.

I'm currently playing with a trackpad, and it's hard. There's no way I'd play this on Hardcore.
Attachments:
act1drops.png (217 Kb)
andydrops.png (177 Kb)
aftercube.png (220 Kb)
lanipcga: And it's back to Diablo 2. My new Fishymancer, Perisher, made his way through Act 1 and is about to descend into the depths of the Palace in Act 2. One of the most grueling parts of Normal difficulty is making it all the way to the Halls of the Dead without being able to cube chipped gems, rejuvenation potions, etc. When I finally got my Horadric Cube, I gleefully upgraded everything until my backpack was freed up.

I'm currently playing with a trackpad, and it's hard. There's no way I'd play this on Hardcore.
Using a CD?
Having lots of fun in the '67 F2 category; these cars are considerably faster than the '65 F1 cars but they aren't any more difficult to drive, even in lines you wouldn't normally choose with the '67 F1 beasts.
Attachments: