It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teceem: Star Trek: BORG
It works fine with DGVoodoo but I can't get it to run in a window. So I'm playing it in DOSBox Baum + WIN95.
Played the other one....Klingon....got to play this one some day as well. It looks noice.
GameRacer: Played the other one....Klingon....got to play this one some day as well. It looks noice.
Are there any TNG actors in that one (other than Gowron)?
I always liked the episodes with the BORG better than the ones that centred around Klingons. ;-)
Took this screenshot, from a silly little game called Roguelike Simulator:
Attachments:
teceem: Are there any TNG actors in that one (other than Gowron)?
I always liked the episodes with the BORG better than the ones that centred around Klingons. ;-)
I forget, but the game was decent enough from what I can remember.
- Found a savanna in starbound
- and an Orwellian ape city
- with a statue of their leader
Attachments:
savanna.jpg (319 Kb)
1942.jpg (497 Kb)
big_ape.jpg (305 Kb)
I'm currently playing a story of Mafia II for the 4th time :D
Attachments:
Hitman: Codename 47
Attachments:
1.jpg (398 Kb)
2.jpg (489 Kb)
After nearly 90 hours and three months since the beginning, I've finally finished Divinity: Original Sin 2. It was a wonderful, but very hard journey. The ending was very satisfying. If I decide to replay the game some day, I'll do so on easy difficulty level.
Attachments:
Post edited July 19, 2020 by Sarafan
Another classic:
Attachments:
ultima.jpg (382 Kb)
"You cannot change your destiny!"
Yeah, sure. Just hold my Persian beer for a bit...
Attachments:
Replaying Blood: Fresh Supply to see if my "creation" works fine and looks somewhat ok.

Screenshot 01 - original B:FS 320 x 200 OGV resized to 1080p
Screenshot 02 - original OUWB 320 x 200 SMK resized to 1080p
Screenshot 03 - my creation (1080p upscale using the SMK files)
Attachments:
01.jpg (293 Kb)
02.jpg (372 Kb)
03.jpg (323 Kb)
viperfdl: Another classic:

[image titled ultima.jpg]
You do realize that, in Final Fantasy 2, that spell is rather disappointingly weak, after going through all the trouble to get it?

Then again, Final Fantasy 6 made this spell overpowered, so at least that might make up for it.

(By the way, a certain website that's frequented more by console gamers than PC gamers had a best game ever contest one year in which one of the divisions was called the "Ultima division", yet none of the Ultima games were present; to console gamers, Ultima may very well mean just a spell from the Final Fantasy series, not a series on its own. On the other hand, then comes the GBA version of Final Fantasy 1, where one NPC in one of the new optional dungeons makes a reference to Ultima 6.)
viperfdl: Another classic:

[image titled ultima.jpg]
dtgreene: You do realize that, in Final Fantasy 2, that spell is rather disappointingly weak, after going through all the trouble to get it?

Then again, Final Fantasy 6 made this spell overpowered, so at least that might make up for it.

(By the way, a certain website that's frequented more by console gamers than PC gamers had a best game ever contest one year in which one of the divisions was called the "Ultima division", yet none of the Ultima games were present; to console gamers, Ultima may very well mean just a spell from the Final Fantasy series, not a series on its own. On the other hand, then comes the GBA version of Final Fantasy 1, where one NPC in one of the new optional dungeons makes a reference to Ultima 6.)
Never played a Final Fantasy game. So it's new to me that there exists a spell called "Ultima" in that games.
dtgreene: You do realize that, in Final Fantasy 2, that spell is rather disappointingly weak, after going through all the trouble to get it?

viperfdl: Never played a Final Fantasy game. So it's new to me that there exists a spell called "Ultima" in that games.
So, sounds like you are perhaps the reverse of the people on the website I mentioned.

Some gamers play only JRPGs, not playing WRPGs at all. Others play only WRPGs, not playing JRPGs at all.

I, on the other hand, tend to play older CRPGs, regardless of which side of the line they're on. In fact, I often enjoy playing what I've started to call "proto-RPGs", which are RPGs that came out before the basic conventions of the genre were established; I would classify the original Ultima as one. (Having HP not have a cap, and instead something you accumulate like money, is certainly rather unusual, for one thing.)

By the way, in the Final Fantasy series, the Ultima spell first appeared in FF2 (which feels more like an ancestor of the SaGa series, which is a series that has unconventional mechanics and would later blur the line between JRPG and WRPG), but then didn't make another appearance until FF6, when it became a recurring element in the series. Interestingly enough, I believe there was a change of director for the series, and as a result I consider FF5 to be the last "classic" FF and FF6 to be the first "modern" FF.

Meanwhile, the Ultima series had the same director throughout, but we can certainly see some evolution here; Ultima 4 was when Richard Garriott started to give the world a consistent map and history between games.

Yes, I do like discussing how RPGs have evolved over the ages, even though I don't like how they ended up evolving over time (particularly in the late 1990s).
Divine Divinity

1 - very nice enviroment in the game, at least for now
2 - my personal body guard while I'm in this dungeon
Attachments:
1.jpg (467 Kb)
2.jpg (434 Kb)