It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Got Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet at the Humble Store, DRM free. Playing it in 64 bit linux.
Attachments:
itsp-05.jpg (179 Kb)
Fake news
Needs a bar and a booth
Flamboyant secret society
Mocapping a holographic moon
ELIZA in 802-11
We're out of here
Eeeek! I am in trouble. That is my second best planet; the third being only size 55 (before improvements).

0: Incoming, probably, technologically advanced fleet.
1 & 2: If I can build these, so can the Psilon. No, I do not have any protection against biological weapons at all and planetary shielding is at 5+5.
3:The Psilon are, as very commonly, the main enemy. The status screen looks deceptively good but for the difference in fleet size. It is just that I just the last few turns took big strides forward so half of my small fleet is very outdated and too slow to come and help in time.
4: A fairly well rounded research, unfortunately for me. No weaknesses jump into my eye but possibly a lack of weapons of mass destruction. I have stolen a lot from the Psilon but they still have beam weapons with a good punch, which I lack.

Next turn I will finish building up my colonies with more factories and people using new technology I have aquired. Then it is time to start building a fleet for both defence and offence.

I wonder, will I still have that planet the next turn? Doubtful. A silly thing in Master of Orion is that we are at peace with the Psilon and have always been but they keep sending fleets to probe my defences anyway.
Attachments:
Post edited May 20, 2020 by Themken
Themken: snip
Aw, post-stamp-sized screenshots. How cute! =P
Armok be damned, it wasn't even two years since I started this fort! Had one caravan and one migrant wave, barely managed to secure the food supplies and didn't even started preparing proper military. Why?! Why did you come? There's nothing valuable in the fortress! And my miners didn't even reach caves yet!

Oh well, it was nice knowing you, you little drunken bastards of Slopedbenches. Enjoy your !FUN! in the afterlife...
Attachments:
df_fb.jpg (70 Kb)
Scared of the Dark in DA-I

and hooked by something unexpected,

for some while now I was looking to add an rtx title to see how and what would happen, next to the horrible in terms of system load quake II demo. The current sale on Epic provided a wonderfull and cheap opportunity to grab Control and boy i can't say i am dissapointed. Weird world, crazy woman and delightfull animations really make for one hell of a game though..... i won't be putting settings on ultra any time soon. First of all 1080p ultra for a 2060super is not feasible in terms of 60 fps stable and all RTX options enabled and second of all, who wants to sit next to a tower who's fans are raising hell after exactle 3 point 2 mins after booting up the game. DLS provides an excellent though a bit shimery solution rendering at 1280x790! resolution while retaining 1920x1080 settings which is a bit weird but, as long as you move fast you won't notice how bad everything truly looks!
Attachments:
Themken: snip
Mr.Mumbles: Aw, post-stamp-sized screenshots. How cute! =P
I think I need to scale the pictures UP before uploading henceforth. It is hard to see anything now.
Post edited May 21, 2020 by Themken
Besties!

Finally getting around to actually beat this awesome game.
Attachments:
nwnchar.jpg (365 Kb)
Mr.Mumbles: Aw, post-stamp-sized screenshots. How cute! =P
Themken: I think I need to scale the pictures UP before uploading henceforth. It is hard to see anytihng now.
if your not sure how to do this turn to paint, you can easily enlarge pictures with that program if you were wondering ;)
Attachments:
stargen_3.jpg (314 Kb)
Radiance1979: )
Linux = no Paint... and I know how to enlarge and shrink pictures in GIMP, just forgot how few pixels there actually are in those old DOS games. Master of Orion 2 uses a lot bigger resolution so things moved fast in the nineties. Original MoO is still a lot of fun though even if the RNG occasionally treats you much too well or harshly.

I did not hit that next turn button yet as I have been busy. Maybe it is time to see how much of a beating I will get.

Testing how double size looks. Much better.
Attachments:
orion_000.png (118 Kb)
Radiance1979: )
Themken: Linux = no Paint... and I know how to enlarge and shrink pictures in GIMP, just forgot how few pixels there actually are in those old DOS games. Master of Orion 2 uses a lot bigger resolution so things moved fast in the nineties. Original MoO is still a lot of fun though even if the RNG occasionally treats you much too well or harshly.

I did not hit that next turn button yet as I have been busy. Maybe it is time to see how much of a beating I will get.

Testing how double size looks. Much better.
curious on what kind of monitor you are playing the game
Radiance1979:
1920*1080 @60Hz. A TFT (normal flat) for sure, TN to be specific.

------
I clicked next turn and it is not too bad at all as only a single model in their fleet is capable of damaging my planet at all, the Star Fury. All I need to do is make sure those get destroyed and they will have to redraw. A good wake up call that now it is high time to decrease their empire and increase mine, if you get what I mean.
Attachments:
myfleet.png (27 Kb)
myplanet.png (26 Kb)
Radiance1979:
Themken: 1920*1080 @60Hz. A TFT (normal flat) for sure, TN to be specific.

------
I clicked next turn and it is not too bad at all as only a single model in their fleet is capable of damaging my planet at all, the Star Fury. All I need to do is make sure those get destroyed and they will have to redraw. A good wake up call that now it is high time to decrease their empire and increase mine, if you get what I mean.
Looks like they were quite optimistic when bringing a colony ship along. Or they are just blind...

------
viperfdl: Looks like they were quite optimistic when bringing a colony ship along. Or they are just blind...
A colony ship with an attack level of 2, which is more then those other 2 ships!
Radiance1979:

------
thank god...... almost bought the package.... it needs to be in my lib but i guess i will wait untill the next iteration of integer scaling
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Daily life.......
Attachments:
Post edited May 21, 2020 by Radiance1979
I've mastered a new language!
Attachments: