It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Qbix: Trying out some fancy graphics ;)
Matewis: You kid :) but something that still looks awesome to me to this day is the palace screen, the (ancient era) science discovery scene and the city view. It's a real pity that those didn't survive in the series. Civ 3 tried, but it's palaces looked lame and the city view couldn't properly convey large populations.
Yeah the Palace was a really nice touch to the game.
RoboPond: I liked a few of the companions, whilst I forget names i'll remember what they looked like. Either way they are certainly more mem than the companions we have had in anything Beth lately (Skyrim/Oblivion included.).
Bethesda games are strong in exploration and modding. They suffer from not good enough writing. This includes companions unfortunately. So yes, companions from TOW are better than those from Bethesda games, but still aren't as memorable as companions from the top cRPGs. I can list from my memory companions from many great games (Planescape Torment, NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer, Baldur's Gate 2, Pillars of Eternity). These from TOW are not as good and I'll probably forget about them in a few months.
1. Crew meeting.
2. RTX without RTX. :)
Attachments:
crew.jpg (259 Kb)
rtx.jpg (188 Kb)
Broforce

Murica!

Purchased in the last sale, Broforce became my 100th game (on GOG).

Screenshot isn't great, but I stopped trying to take screenshots because every time I press the Print Screen button in game, it freezes the game.
Attachments:
Post edited January 31, 2020 by hudfreegamer
Survivor: Fantasy Edition... aka Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (let's vote off that pompous fat noble =P)

Now that the game's PC version is finally properly fixed up, I decided to give it a go when it went on sale recently. I have mixed feelings about early Ys. The bumper combat of the originals was fine but nothing special, and the early Playstation era games just ended up being frustrating grinds to me.

This new format is already so much better than any of those I've played before, and it looks quite nice, too. I've very much enjoyed the first few hours I've put in already. :)
Attachments:
uh_oh.jpg (455 Kb)
liar_liar.jpg (425 Kb)
Mr.Mumbles: This new format is already so much better than any of those I've played before, and it looks quite nice, too. I've very much enjoyed the first few hours I've put in already. :)
You're gonna love SEVEN and Celceta then. Seven in particular has some of the finest music in an already awesome sounding series. It also spawned the party system you see in VIII :)
Tho as a complete product, VIII is the best of the new-era Ys. You' re gonna love that True Ending *wink wink*
Post edited January 31, 2020 by Hikage1983
Hikage1983: You're gonna love SEVEN and Celceta then.
I figured if I was going to like the newest I might pick those two up eventually as I've kept reading that they're similar in gameplay style.

Definitely enjoying the music in VIII. :)
Finished The Outer Worlds. It's a nice game which clearly refers to Bethesda's Fallout games but doesn't include their flaws. It's really worth trying out. Too bad that it's only available on Epic and Microsoft Store. I hope the game will finally arrive on GOG as I'd like to do a second plathrough some day.
Attachments:
XXXX -- I have taken the opportunity to "censor" the game's name slightly. I would say it is not quite ready for prime time but there is the foundation for a great game. Impatiently waiting for the next big update (v 3.00).

An infoscreen tells us about the release of another game, namely Half-Life 3. Quite the joke seeing how far into the future the game X is placed.

Not quite the graphics quality one expects from such an expensive game. The lady's eyes are several inches away from her head.
Attachments:
glitch.jpg (220 Kb)
Some other shots from Little Nightmare, which I played again after purchasing the physical "Six" edition on eBay. Unfortunately the game on the DVD was Steam-based. Shame. I would have very much preferred getting the GOG.com version instead. WHY don't you do partnerships like this one for DVD-based games?

Damn, fucking Steam everywhere...
Attachments:
Janitor Simulator (a.k.a. Dustforce)

Modded to remove the hud and character sprites replaced with bright pink outfit and hair.
Attachments:
Fargo: Puzzle Edition... aka Puzzle Agent 1 & 2

It's a shame these aren't on GOG anymore since they're actual quite fun casual distractions. I just felt like playing something light on the side so I unearthed these from my backlog, and these sure hit the spot. The writing for these are often quite hilarious, and the puzzle action ain't all that shabby either. From a time before Telltale turned into a slightly-interactive-graphic-novel assembly line. For shame!
Attachments:
exciting.jpg (360 Kb)
smart_ass.jpg (373 Kb)
Having a blast with Wasteland 2: DC:
- killing a mad, mutated scientist
- making peace between two tribes
Attachments:
peace.jpg (420 Kb)
low rated
Mr.Mumbles: Fargo: Puzzle Edition... aka Puzzle Agent 1 & 2

It's a shame these aren't on GOG anymore since they're actual quite fun casual distractions. I just felt like playing something light on the side so I unearthed these from my backlog, and these sure hit the spot. The writing for these are often quite hilarious, and the puzzle action ain't all that shabby either. From a time before Telltale turned into a slightly-interactive-graphic-novel assembly line. For shame!
I loved the first game...someday gotta get to the second.

BTW: Fargo: Puzzle Ediition? So they feed the gnomes into woodchippers, then? ;)
GameRager: BTW: Fargo: Puzzle Ediition? So they feed the gnomes into woodchippers, then? ;)
More like poke fun at Minnesotans, and Fargo is the only well-known thing I could think of that does that.