It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

a few more years now...
Attachments:
Riding a Chocobo. Because, you can't have a Final Fantasy game without them. Well, with the exception of the very first one. :)
Attachments:
chocobo.jpg (407 Kb)
I am very Sneaky, Sir.

Shank you very much.
Attachments:
shank1-02.jpg (213 Kb)
Trying my hand at some Gorky17. Tough, but fair so far.
Attachments:
gorky17.jpg (173 Kb)
Matewis: Trying my hand at some Gorky17. Tough, but fair so far.
Don't worry, it'll get even tougher. :)
Sarafan: Don't worry, it'll get even tougher. :)
So far it looks like it's easy for things to go pear-shaped real quickly, but as long as you're paying attention and thinking ahead a bit it's very manageable. At this point it seems like I have more medical supplies than I know what to do with.
But I guess we'll see :) Just reached the museum which I read is where it gets difficult.

- Tazer works wonders on strong enemies, especially in conjunction with tranquilizer darts. Not looking forward to monsters with tranquilizer immunity :P
- Carefully thrown molotov hit 3 monsters at once! Such a lovely sight
Attachments:
tazer.jpg (173 Kb)
molotov.jpg (162 Kb)
No One Lives Forever 2.

It's cold in Siberia.
Attachments:
nolf2-05b.jpg (304 Kb)
Finished Gorky 17. Never expected to be able to cross this off of my backlog. Wasn't as hard as I expected, and all the weapons/ammo I saved for the end turned the final battles into a cakewalk. I think this game would probably have blown me away back when it released. It's very much a child of its era.

- Here I'm killing a seemingly corrupt general towards the end. Forgot to take a pic of the final boss :P
Attachments:
byeboss.jpg (108 Kb)
Subterrain.
Attachments:
die!.jpg (218 Kb)
Matewis: Finished Gorky 17. Never expected to be able to cross this off of my backlog. Wasn't as hard as I expected, and all the weapons/ammo I saved for the end turned the final battles into a cakewalk. I think this game would probably have blown me away back when it released. It's very much a child of its era.

- Here I'm killing a seemingly corrupt general towards the end. Forgot to take a pic of the final boss :P
I've played this game when I was still a kid, so maybe I remember it being a lot harder then it really is. :) Anyway, I still believe it's a lot harder then an average game released these days.
Sarafan: I've played this game when I was still a kid, so maybe I remember it being a lot harder then it really is. :) Anyway, I still believe it's a lot harder then an average game released these days.
I also played that game back in the day (but it had a different name) and it kicked my ass hard enough that I never finished it. I suck at strategy and tactics though, so its probably easier that what it seemed like to me. I still think I agree with the harder than average thing though. I sucked worse than I usually did.
No One Lives Forever
Attachments:
nolf1-01b.jpg (375 Kb)
hudfreegamer: No One Lives Forever
YES!

And nice pic. Brings back memories. What a great and pleasant game that was/is.

(Curious: What is your resolution, graphics specs and OS? I'm using Zorin.)
Post edited November 17, 2018 by BStone
Sarafan: I've played this game when I was still a kid, so maybe I remember it being a lot harder then it really is. :) Anyway, I still believe it's a lot harder then an average game released these days.
I suppose yes. I don't think I would've been able to get very far in Gorky 17 as a kid. It's all the years of grinding my teeth in Fallout, XCom and Jagged Alliance 2 I think that helped me on this playthrough. By the way, the original XCom and Jagged Alliance 2 to me at least is much more difficult than Gorky 17. I think the worst I've had in terms of difficulty in this genre is Terror From The Deep, but mostly because of those infernal shipping lane missions, and those ridiculous alien colony assault missions :P
hudfreegamer: No One Lives Forever
BStone: YES!

And nice pic. Brings back memories. What a great and pleasant game that was/is.

(Curious: What is your resolution, graphics specs and OS? I'm using Zorin.)
The resolution of my monitor is 1920x1080. However, NOLF doesn't support widescreen resolutions without mods. Instead of using a mod though, I set the resolution in game to 1920x1440. It fills my widescreen monitor and renders the top and bottom off screen (although I can go into the menus and move the mouse to the top or bottom of the screen to shift the display up/down). So, I'm left with what appears to be a hudless widescreen version of the game. When I took the screenshot though, it actually showed the full 1920x1440 image. I just cropped it to match what I saw when playing. That's how I got the screenshots I posted for NOLF and NOLF 2. I'm not sure if this method of making a game widescreen would work with other monitors, graphics cards, or games though.

I think I might increase the FOV from 90 to 110 though. I did that with NOLF 2 and it looked better.

My video card is an Nvidia 9800gt. Since I mostly play older games, it works fine for me.

For OS, I triple boot between Windows XP, Windows 7, and a modified version of Crunchbang Plus Plus (a lightweight version of Debian Linux that uses Openbox as a window manager). I use Linux for most things (online, writing, image editing, etc), Windows XP for older games and Windows 7 for games that don't work on XP.
Post edited November 17, 2018 by hudfreegamer