It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Stay awhile and listen!"
Attachments:
KingofGnG: "Stay awhile and listen!"
Does your Paladin have any armor on?
Matewis: That looks incredible, I've definitely got to try that mod, but how far along are you? I burned out at the Cathedral level. I didn't think I'd ever say it, but the levels are just too big and confusing! Next time I think I'll continue with Thief 2 instead which is a bit more toned down in this regard iirc.
Just got through the Sword, one of my favourite missions - some crazy world building there, especially as you reach the upper floors. The levels in Thief are big and i agree that they can be confusing at times, but they really shine when it comes to game design. Nowadays there are so many helpful arrows, maps with GPS accuracy and generally a lot of hand-holding, that most games miss those certain exploration qualities that older games seemed to have as well as that feeling when you're being lost. A bit of cliché, but they don't make games like they used to. Last time i played Thief was like fifteen years ago and not only do i recall most of its missions, but it seems that the "magic" is still there. Nothing sort of a gaming milestone for sure. :)
Attachments:
KingofGnG: "Stay awhile and listen!"
tinyE: Does your Paladin have any armor on?
Yep, in fact it's a set-based Armor with +10 to all resistances (I've just started to play mind you)...
Matewis: That looks incredible, I've definitely got to try that mod, but how far along are you? I burned out at the Cathedral level. I didn't think I'd ever say it, but the levels are just too big and confusing! Next time I think I'll continue with Thief 2 instead which is a bit more toned down in this regard iirc.
Vythonaut: Just got through the Sword, one of my favourite missions - some crazy world building there, especially as you reach the upper floors. The levels in Thief are big and i agree that they can be confusing at times, but they really shine when it comes to game design. Nowadays there are so many helpful arrows, maps with GPS accuracy and generally a lot of hand-holding, that most games miss those certain exploration qualities that older games seemed to have as well as that feeling when you're being lost. A bit of cliché, but they don't make games like they used to. Last time i played Thief was like fifteen years ago and not only do i recall most of its missions, but it seems that the "magic" is still there. Nothing sort of a gaming milestone for sure. :)
Ooh yeah I remember that freaky level. Didn't bring along enough moss arrows :P That was the last level I completed in the first game. But frankly it was mostly that infernal level with the gangs in the sewer, and that catacombs level with the, zombies was it?, that I didn't enjoy. I found both of those levels a bit excruciating to complete :P
And I'm afraid I didn't care much for the supernatural element. Thief 2 as per my understanding is a bit less supernatural and a bit more steampunk, which I find a lot more appealing. And I remember for example one level had you robbing a big bank building, which is exactly the type of level I want to play in a Thief game.
But yes, even with my misgivings, there's not doubt that the first game was a gaming milestone :) What did you think of the third game? Personally I really liked it, and was lucky enough to play the Cradle level without having heard any of the hype about it beforehand.
Matewis: Thief 2 as per my understanding is a bit less supernatural and a bit more steampunk, which I find a lot more appealing. And I remember for example one level had you robbing a big bank building, which is exactly the type of level I want to play in a Thief game. But yes, even with my misgivings, there's not doubt that the first game was a gaming milestone :) What did you think of the third game? Personally I really liked it, and was lucky enough to play the Cradle level without having heard any of the hype about it beforehand.
You're right; T2 plot is quite different in contrast to T1, i also remember the levels being bigger and more outdoors and there are only a handful of undead. The steampunk element is prevalent in T2 whereas the horror element is not; I like both games equally, even though i still remember the scares i had with T1 back then. :P As for T3, i haven't played it yet but i'm going to do it as soon as i finish T1 & T2. ;)

And here are some screenshots from the "We don't go to Ravenholm: Thief Edition" mission. Actually, it's the Cathedral. :P And as you can see, my little friend is uglier than ever. :)
Attachments:
Post edited June 20, 2018 by Vythonaut
Started this little gem
Attachments:
dao.jpg (281 Kb)
Bass47: ...
What's that? Interface looks familiar...
Bass47: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: What's that? Interface looks familiar...
Dragon Age™: Origins. :)
Lemon_Curry: ...
Oh,now I'm confused. I've played the game, but with camera set on totally different perspective. I'd never guess.
Thanks.
It's my B&B:

https://imgur.com/a/QmjnF5Y
Behold the Lost City! (screenshots are slightly post-processed -- nothing major, just warmed the image a bit plus i messed with the contrast)
Attachments:
Vythonaut: plus i messed with the contrast
Yes, those colors look badly washed out.
Vythonaut: plus i messed with the contrast
Mr.Mumbles: Yes, those colors look badly washed out.
It's the side-effect from all the potions he consumed.
Now I'm thinking with portals!
Attachments: