It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
CLOSED

There's a taste of speedruns on the summery breeze: Summer Games Done Quick is here, a week-long gaming marathon for charity, offering once again non-stop live speedruns until July 9th. All donations go directly to Doctors without Borders (MSF).

Garbage on TV, trash in the theater - don't fret: go watch incredible feats of gaming via stream, donate if you like and win lots of prizes at <span class="bold">gamesdonequick.com</span>.

== The Giveaway ==

While doing some account cleaning, I scraped three game codes out of the sticky recesses of my order history, checked them to be valid (but no guarantees, friends, as GOG system sometimes is wonky*), so that you can raise your hand to win them if you like. These be:

Eador: Genesis
Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Dragonsphere

*Update: Blue elcook says the codes will be good until July 17th. All is fine apparently.

1) Just say for which of the game(s) you are in (one game per winner, but you can try for all of these three)
2) Let me know one thing:

If the fate of the universe would depend on it, which game would you feel you could speedrun to save us all?

==.==

This giveaway will end sometime after SGDQ finishes (likely the following day). Random.org decides the winners.

Have fun and good luck everyone!
Post edited July 09, 2017 by chevkoch
No Breath of the Wild speedrun? BOO! >:(

Anyways, not in, but +1 for the giveaway.
RayRay13000: No Breath of the Wild speedrun? BOO! >:(
I think I heard them say during the preshow that there's the option to donate towards that run and if met, we'll see it during the week.
What could be worse than an AI go rogue and possibly dominate the world? Besides of not having played the classic, I would play (again) Shadowrun: Dragonfall, at this moment as a speedrun against the time to stop the plans of one of the cunning treaties of the modernity, but not last boss.

By the way, I am in for Dragonsphere.
chevkoch: If the fate of the universe would depend on it, which game would you feel you could speedrun to save us all?
Do we get a time machine as well? So I can go back to when I was a kid?
Thank you for the giveaway! If the fate of the world really depended on it, I guess I could sppedrun Monkey Island. I could even tell you right now what you need to do, without seeing the game, including the insults.

I'm in for Dragonsphere and Neverwinter Nights Diamond.
Watched the last 20 minutes of the Super Monkey Ball run. Good lord, the Hard/Ultimate stages in Monkey Ball 1-2 are bullshit.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by RayRay13000
DeadFishEye: What could be worse than an AI go rogue and possibly dominate the world? Besides of not having played the classic, I would play (again) Shadowrun: Dragonfall, at this moment as a speedrun against the time to stop the plans of one of the cunning treaties of the modernity, but not last boss.

By the way, I am in for Dragonsphere.
Strapping yourself in before a hacking deck gels well with the whole (totally plausible) idea of speedrunning to save whatever-verse. Well done, you are so in.
ZFR: Do we get a time machine as well? So I can go back to when I was a kid?
I would order you one, but am afraid it might just give you volt rash. Like the one the van-dwelling uncle was using in Napoleon Dynamite.
Caesar.: Thank you for the giveaway! If the fate of the world really depended on it, I guess I could sppedrun Monkey Island. I could even tell you right now what you need to do, without seeing the game, including the insults.

I'm in for Dragonsphere and Neverwinter Nights Diamond.
Speedinsulting Any% then. Let's just call it a category, might even start a trend. Keep a copy of Monkey Island installed and ready to be rushed through then. We all may depend on it now. So in for the giveaway, too.
RayRay13000: Watched the last 20 minutes of the Super Monkey Ball run. Good lord, the Hard/Ultimate stages in Monkey Ball 1-2 are bullshit.
The Monkey Ball runs are insane. Dropping off a track and hurtling down into the void only to precisely hit the level goal blows my mind every time. Heroes of gaming skill, those guys.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by chevkoch
ZFR: Do we get a time machine as well? So I can go back to when I was a kid?
chevkoch: I would order you one, but am afraid it might just give you volt rash. Like the one the van-dwelling uncle was using in Napoleon Dynamite.
The universe is doomed then. I can barely speedwalk these days.

EDIT: Back in the day, the game to speedrun would be Gods.
Oh, and not in.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by ZFR
ZFR: EDIT: Back in the day, the game to speedrun would be Gods.
Oh, and not in.
Oh. Creatures adapting to your style of play? Sounds good, looks decent too.
Which is better: Force Jumping or Skooma Jumping?

Looking at the schedule, it appears that we will see both of these this SGDQ.

(By the way, not in.)
dtgreene: Which is better: Force Jumping or Skooma Jumping?

Are these techniques explained somewhere? I remember you having technical videos on the subject handy before that were mad interesting.
dtgreene: Which is better: Force Jumping or Skooma Jumping?

chevkoch: Are these techniques explained somewhere? I remember you having technical videos on the subject handy before that were mad interesting.
I don't have any off hand, but:

Force Jump is a force power available to Jedi; in both Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, you get this power automatically as you progress through the game.

Skooma Jump is a technique seen in Oblivion where, after drinking a lot of Skooma, you jump, and I *think* you might need to bounce off some object, but it lets you jump really far and skip large portions of dungeons (including at least one mandatory Oblivion gate); the SGDQ 2015 run of the game uses this technique.
dtgreene:
Cool, thanks. Will go watch these runs then.
love speedruning!

as for the giveaway,not in & +1! :D