It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wanted to let you guys know that the prize game codes - according to blue elcook - will indeed be valid for redeeming by July 17th. I'm glad we are good for the giveaway.

Sorapak: love speedruning!

as for the giveaway,not in & +1! :D
Good to hear, I hope you are having fun watching the stream. Thanks for checking in :)
Not in, but +1!

Thank you for headlining the event, it is always fun to watch the speedruns! :)
Landfall Games "Hacks" SGDQ 2017 (Clustertruck)

I wasn't expecting this.
RayRay13000: Landfall Games "Hacks" SGDQ 2017 (Clustertruck)

I wasn't expecting this.
Haha. That was funny.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by ZFR
pirateoftheah: Not in, but +1!

Thank you for headlining the event, it is always fun to watch the speedruns! :)
Thanks for showing some interest :)

RayRay13000: Landfall Games "Hacks" SGDQ 2017 (Clustertruck)

I wasn't expecting this.
Need to watch the whole run yet, but how did the devs do this? Went through the Steam client maybe? This is a first. Fun.
Post edited July 07, 2017 by chevkoch
chevkoch: Need to watch the whole run yet, but how did the devs do this? Went through the Steam client maybe? This is a first. Fun.
Here's a quote I found explaining the shenanigans done by the developers.
The game has twitch integration which let’s a streamer connect their game to their twitch chat. The game then reads the chat and let’s their users vote for events in the game. We also added a couple of special commands that are only accepted if the chat message comes from the Landfall twitch account.
Here are a few other videos showing the developers hijacking the game during the stream:

https://youtu.be/t8b5s9W9g-w?t=5m57s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SUj7nRmX0E
RayRay13000:
Ah, I see now. Thanks, that's hilarious :D
People, don't miss the last exciting stretch of the SGDQ stream: highlights such as Dark Souls 3, Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and right before the finale, Earthbound. The schedule is here.
I watched the ActRaiser run and found it rather interesting. Even if you've played the game before, you probably *don't* know all the intricacies of the simulation mode, which is rather interesting (especially the bit about having to kill monsters in order to free souls so that people can start appearing and building houses).
dtgreene:
I learn a lot of new stuff every time as well; just watched the Diablo 2 run, where MrLlamaSC explained how he predicts exits on the procedurally generated maps, as well as a technique called animation swapping (if I heard that correctly). With the latter you seem to apparently perform an attack that then shows a different animation than it should. Something to rewatch to really get all of the detailed info mentioned.
RayRay13000: No Breath of the Wild speedrun? BOO! >:(
It's happening: scheduled to start in about five hours :)
The giveaway is closed now.
DeadFishEye: By the way, I am in for Dragonsphere.
Caesar.: I'm in for Dragonsphere and Neverwinter Nights Diamond.
Given that we had two entries only, I am going to distribute prizes without using random.org. That way, both of the participants will get a game they were in for. I hope that works for everybody.

So, congratulations! Dragonsphere will go to DeadFishEye, and Neverwinter Nights Diamond to Caesar. I will send your codes via chat shortly. Please be aware of two things:

1) these codes will expire very soon, so make sure to redeem them immediately!
2) since GOG will set chat defaults on Monday to "Friends only", make sure you will set it to "Anyone" after the change, if you want to keep communicating with me; I'll set it back to "Anyone" for sure. Reply to me in this thread, in case chat becomes unusable. Just wanna make sure you get your codes alright.

=.=

Summer Games Done Quick is over with a new record donation total for Doctors without Borders (MSF) reached: $1,760,587.89! Think about this for a minute: a week-long gaming marathon has become the charity's biggest donation event. It's as bizarre as it is beautiful.

For the speedruns you've missed, you can head over to YouTube as always, the official GDQ channel is . I will definitely need to catch up on a lot of cool runs. From what I've seen this year, I know I finally need to get around to play Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, as well as check out runner [url=https://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare]PJ's stream (hilarious and super-friendly guy, who plays a lot of different, not-so-well-known titles).

Event schedule and other info in the speedrunning realm, see /r/speedrun. Then, the next GDQ will be Awesome Games Done Quick, held from January 7-14 in 2018 (mark your calendars).

That's it, thanks a lot everyone for checking out this thread :)
Post edited July 09, 2017 by chevkoch
chevkoch: The giveaway is closed now.
Thanks again, chevkoch. I love speedrunning.

Also, since notifications are gone, check your PM.
chevkoch: The giveaway is closed now.
ZFR: Thanks again, chevkoch. I love speedrunning.

Thanks :) You ever tried to run a game? I made some progress with Volgarr, but I dread the rust that I'd have to face when picking it up again...
ZFR: Thanks again, chevkoch. I love speedrunning.

chevkoch: Thanks :) You ever tried to run a game? I made some progress with Volgarr, but I dread the rust that I'd have to face when picking it up again...
Long ago as kids, before I even knew speedrunning was a thing, we'd play some sidescrolling platformers for time. Other than Gods, I was good at Prince of Persia (which was time-based anyway), Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion, and my brother's games of choice were Gods and Prehistorik.
But nowdays I don't really. Especially with all those tricks you have to know. It's very fun to watch though. Some of these are ingenious.