It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: I feel your pain, but you know what's even worse? Devs who NEVER patch their game and still dump their new games here (and never patch those as well) and people still buying them. I'm looking at you Vlambeer!
tfishell: Yeah I don't really get that, I guess some people just aren't aware, never learn, or simply don't care. I wonder if it will ever affect GOG's bottom line.
To me it is mostly about "not care". As long as it isn't something critical or essential to the single-player game experience, quite often I don't mind. For instance, one game was listed as missing some additional "daily challenge levels"... it appears for those you'd need to be online to play them, so I don't care if they are missing in my archived single-player version, and also I might consider them as extra fluff that is not important to the main game.

Also, level editors. Yeah it is nice if a game has that, but for 99% of the games I wouldn't use it myself anyway, and even if others started making marvellous new content for the game with it, I am not sure that a) I would be interested enough to try them out b) I could even run Steam content on the GOG version, if the content is somehow locked to Steam service, if it is made with the Steam version.

Buying the same game from Steam with DRM is not an option, sorry. So to me the option is either to have the game maybe with some unimportant patch or feature missing, or not have it at all.

Yes there are unpatched GOG games which I feel people should be aware of before buying, hence this list is good. With it me (and others) can check if a game is missing something in the GOG version that makes me not want to buy it, or anything else from that same publisher for that matter. Missing level editor, multiplayer or achievements? Probably not a biggie to me.
Point_Man: Darksiders 1
fronzelneekburm: Added it to the list. It's been half a year out of date now and you not getting a reply from THQ doesn't sound too encouraging either.
I guess the missing patches are these?

https://www.gog.com/forum/darksiders_series/latest_patches_for_darksiders_warmastered_edition_not_here/post1

Is it possible to add links so that people can more easily tell what exactly is missing? For instance, I personally care for the #5 patch, while the #6 patch seems quite unimportant (to me at least): As far as I can tell, #6 adds these:

- Chinese locatlization (I guess the Chinese care, I don't)

- Steam controller support (probably relevant only to the Steam version as the Steam controller is less usable outside of Steam)

- if Direct3D errors occur, it gives a proper error code. So it isn't acttally fixing any D3D errors, but just giving error codes in case they happen. I guess that is good for being able to debug and fix them in future patches, but for me as an end-user it matters less.

Also as far as I could tell from those patch notes, Warmastered Edition still has crash issues that they are trying to track down. These patches apparently added new ways for the developers to track down existing issues, but #5 patch also fixed some older crashes apparently.

So for now, I would be happy to have patch #5, while #6 is unimportant.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by timppu
Added Sheltered and the two Serious Sam encounters. I'm contemplating adding the Space Quest series, which is $13.38 on gog from a Euro-IP at the moment, while it is $9.99 on Steam - that is if you buy both SQ bundles together, if you buy them seperately you'll end up paying twice the Steam price. I'd be interested to hear from the rest of you if there are any price discrepancies for the SQ bundle in your region as well.
If Anamita/gog were to give free upgrades (i.e. the exact same shit that was included in their Day 1 Humble deal) to everyone who pre-ordered Botanicula back in '12, I'd take that game off the list in a heartbeat. Anamita would have totally redeemed themselves. It would have taken them 5 years, but hey, better late than never.

Not getting my hopes up though.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition has been patched.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post16922
https://www.gog.com/forum/darksiders_series/changelog/post37
We still don't have confirmation if it got the latest hotfix, and the changelog only listed the changes from Patch 6 and not Patch 5 so not sure if that's an oversight or what.
Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED missing four soundtrack DLCs available on Steam.
Removed:

Darksiders

Added:

Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED - see above

This War of Mine - see above

Turmoil - region locked in China, no region lock on the Chinese Steam store

Aragami - This one pains me, because a) I really liked this game and b) they made an effort to keep their builds up-to-date on gog. Then came the level editor and they decided to go full Steamtard on that one. It's been out on Steam for several months now. At the time the devs said that they're looking for ways to host levels for gog/Humble/PS4-customers, but nothing has come of it.

I've stubled across a forum post on Steam that leaves very little hope as far as seeing the level editor on gog is concerned:

"The level editor code is heavily linked to the Steam Workshop API. An effort could be done to try and detach it, but we would need to redesign the user interface and do some testing. In any case, it's a lot of effort to implement a half-baked solution." (source)

So instead of implementing a half-baked solution, they implemented no solution at all.
fronzelneekburm: Turmoil - region locked in China, no region lock on the Chinese Steam store

Aragami - This one pains me, because a) I really liked this game and b) they made an effort to keep their builds up-to-date on gog. Then came the level editor and they decided to go full Steamtard on that one. It's been out on Steam for several months now. At the time the devs said that they're looking for ways to host levels for gog/Humble/PS4-customers, but nothing has come of it.

I've stubled across a forum post on Steam that leaves very little hope as far as seeing the level editor on gog is concerned:

"The level editor code is heavily linked to the Steam Workshop API. An effort could be done to try and detach it, but we would need to redesign the user interface and do some testing. In any case, it's a lot of effort to implement a half-baked solution." (source)

So instead of implementing a half-baked solution, they implemented no solution at all.
Agreed on Aragami, damn shame....

You added Turmoil, due to its region lock. In that case you might want to add Dying Light, Singularity and FarCry 1.
All of these carry region locks for certain areas only on GOG. Dying Light is region locked in Japan which is not the case elsewhere as far as I'm aware and both Singularity and FarCry 1 are blocked in Germany on GOG whereas the uncensored Steam versions are available for Germans (in Singularity's case the game language determines the censorship but the Steam version is multi-language).
edit: it's updated now

Brigador: missing a content update, already over a month behind steam
https://steamcommunity.com/app/274500/discussions/0/1457328927839223511/
Post edited August 04, 2017 by russellskanne
russellskanne: Brigador: missing a content update, already over a month behind steam
https://steamcommunity.com/app/274500/discussions/0/1457328927839223511/
Not to mention the promised, but still missing, macOS and Linux versions... :\
ElTerprise: You added Turmoil, due to its region lock. In that case you might want to add Dying Light, Singularity and FarCry 1.
All of these carry region locks for certain areas only on GOG. Dying Light is region locked in Japan which is not the case elsewhere as far as I'm aware and both Singularity and FarCry 1 are blocked in Germany on GOG whereas the uncensored Steam versions are available for Germans (in Singularity's case the game language determines the censorship but the Steam version is multi-language).
I'm contemplating it. However, these look like genuine oversights on Steam's/the publisher's part to me. And they're oversights that benefit German players, so it's not something I'd be inclined to draw too much attention to. "Best" case scenario, they get locked on Steam as well, they won't get unblocked on gog either way. The main reason I added Turmoil was that I'm honestly baffled why this game is blocked on gog.

As for Brigador, it's still a bit early to add it. It's "only" one month behind, there's still hope we'll get that update some time soon.
fronzelneekburm: I'm contemplating it. However, these look like genuine oversights on Steam's/the publisher's part to me. And they're oversights that benefit German players, so it's not something I'd be inclined to draw too much attention to. "Best" case scenario, they get locked on Steam as well, they won't get unblocked on gog either way. The main reason I added Turmoil was that I'm honestly baffled why this game is blocked on gog.
Fair enough, just thought I'd mention it.

You're not the only one when it comes to the Turmoil region lock, it's so weird.
Talking about region locks aren't we?

Then, I heard that all Hyperdimension Neptunia games are regionally locked in Japan.....only on GOG™. So you either have to have someone from outside buy it for you here, or go buy it from Steam due to publisher non-sense, for one.

The other is the possibly missing Japanese text. I'm not sure if this was reported before, but I thought I'd let it be known.
Has anyone contacted GoG/Gamious about Turmoil's region lock? It seems like it could be a genuine mistake.