It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

One of the DLC's was missing from the GOG version even though they were selling it here.
The DLC is now on the upcoming list.
fronzelneekburm: Holy shit!

From the game card:
"Experience New Adventure in Multiplayer [...] Turn your friends into frenemies! With a robust and exciting multiplayer mode that can support up to eight players"
"The GOG Galaxy client is required to access multiplayer."

From the release blurb:
"Want to share the love? Make sure to grab the game until December 1st, 1:59 PM UTC to secure an extra copy for a friend and dive into the multiplayer together!"

From the release thread:
"Ok the devs let me know that the gog version does not have and won't have the whole multiplayer side implemented."

ClusterTruck flashback! GOG curation at its finest! 10/10, A+++++++++++, would buy again!

On a more light-hearted note: Should I go ahead and include all eleventy bajillion DLCs for Offworld Trading Company in the mix as well? Are there any DLCs that are explicitly affected by those missing features?
They added a note on the game page, but the parts you quoted were not removed.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: They added a note on the game page, but the parts you quoted were not removed.
I've had to look several times until I found the note hidden under the system requirements. Very funny, GOG.

IMHO this should be at the top of the game card in huge bold red letters. And a second time near the “add to cart” button.
You have ignored my reports of outdated games with the exception of Apotheon (not on the list though). Are you unwilling to add games that are "only´" a patch or two behind?
Post edited December 02, 2016 by African_wildlife
high rated
African_wildlife: You have ignored my reports of outdated games with the exception of Apotheon (not on the list though). Are you unwilling to add games that are "only´" a patch or two behind?
I didn't really ignore them so much as I didn't get around to add them. Hell, I didn't even get around to put Offworld Trading Company into the mix, despite the fact that this game seems to be tailor made for it.

And to tell you the perfect, honest truth, I'm hitting that sweet spot right now where I'm thinking "Why the fuck should I even bother?"

Gog sure as shit don't bother. They don't bother about getting all their games up to scratch. Hell, they don't bother to even check their releases properly enough before release to keep their advertisements consistent with the actual content of the game.

A good chunk of the devs don't bother. Hell, only 2 weeks ago I shot a mail to Daedalic about releasing those German versions of Memoria and Chains Of Satinav here. Didn't hear back from them. It likely took me longer to compose that fucking email than it would've taken these cocksuckers to just mail these friggin builds to gog. Don't even get me started on Cinemaware and Slender.

The customers sure as hell don't bother, because my blood boils every time some ought-to-be-boycotted company dumps their latest piece of shit here and it naturally winds up near the top of the bestseller list (behind Twitcher 3, naturally).

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell y'all about that one time I got a PM from a dev who was (understandably) sore about his game being on the list, because the patch took a while longer to arrive (quite a while actually, it was more than my usual waiting period of 6 months). When it did arrive I got a message basically saying that "We were working on it! Why are you being mean to us? Why are you slandering our game?" Ultimately they turned out to be good sports about it all, but it was an UNCOMFORTABLE place for me to be in and it probably made me a little extra cautious about putting games on the list over missing patches.

That's one of the reasons I urged people who report missing patches here to get in touch with the dev/publisher of the respective games via mail, facebook, Twitter, Steam, whatever, to get some statement about whether these missing patches are coming to gog. Did they simply forget? Is it in the works? Is it not coming at all? Did they even bother to reply? This is crucial information for this mix. I have done my share in the past, contacting the Slender people, the Gone Home people and Daedalic (no reply from any of them), Phoenix Interactive (missing patches for GK20 and Moebius, got immediate and friendly replies, games were updated within the week), Klei about bringing Mark Of The Ninja here and Devolver about the missing Hotline Miami editor (also got a friendly reply and the editor was here a month later). But I only have so much free time on my hands and since I always thought of this as a community effort, I'm relying on other members of the community (i.e. YOU) to report the result of your inquiries to me.

Unfortunately, you don‘t entirely agree with me on that

African_wildlife: I think you should always contact the developers about updates to make sure, then paste their potential response here.
So, no, that‘s not going to happen. I‘m not going to do other people‘s homework. I already feel like I‘m doing gog‘s homework by trying to keep track of stuff that shouldn‘t even be an issue if they took their curated store-approach serious beyond shrugging off every other game as too niche.

If you want these games to be included, please find/obtain some sort of statement from the devs. Even if they don‘t reply at all, that is a statement in and of itself. But I don‘t want to include a game over an issue that could be resolved by one simple email BEFORE that email was sent.
high rated
I contacted Apotheon developers two weeks ago and the Oddworld support email a week later. No need to act yet and I don't really care anymore either. I think I'll only buy "good old games" from now on.
New releases on GOG are practically always behind Steam and you might as well add every in-development title to the list. I think every new game in my library has been or is outdated, with the exception of Stardew Valley.

GOG should demand publishers to release every update on GOG by contract: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/no_more_outdated_or_abandoned_games
If you guys haven't yet, you can vote for my wish to get all the Postal updates here:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/update_postal_1_2_to_the_latest_versions
high rated
Don't buy new games or indies here. Just don't do it. Chances are you will get a version of the game that has been shot in the knee caps. If you use Steam, buy them there. That's what I learned long ago and I've been a happier gamer since.

The devs don't give a shit because GOG doesn't enforce any rules regarding patching. No, politely asking devs to update their games is not enforcing anything. GOG needs to start telling devs to patch the game or risk it getting taken off the store. Period. As it stands they're selling you broken products or products missing key features or updates. It's funny that GOG is so gung-ho about what games they put on their stores yet they'll allow dev's to keep their broken garbage around for unsuspecting people to buy. A number of users here don't seem to give a shit either, which bewilders me.

Save your money. Buy older titles that are not seeing much patch activity here. GOG is a great store with some great people behind it, but holy fuck I don't think they planned the inclusion of newer titles to their store out AT ALL. I haven't been able to buy much here since then since I'm weary on whether or not it will be supported. No, I'll just get it on Steam for a few bucks instead and save myself the headache.
high rated
CARRiON.FLOWERS:
Problem is that this just reinforces and rewards this behavior. Devs only care for Steam releases and not GOG ones, people buy off Steam and not GOG, devs and Steam get the money and they have no reason to care for GOG in the future either.
Condition buying the game on GOG getting equal treatment and things may change. And till they do, if they do, don't buy newer games from devs that behave this way, and preferably wait for some guarantees from others as well. Not like games will vanish or anything.
Gengar78: If you guys haven't yet, you can vote for my wish to get all the Postal updates here:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/update_postal_1_2_to_the_latest_versions
I'm not sure I understand the point? The updates still supposed to be in the works for those you would still choose to believe that.
fronzelneekburm: I already feel like I‘m doing gog‘s homework by trying to keep track of stuff that shouldn‘t even be an issue if they took their curated store-approach serious beyond shrugging off every other game as too niche.
I agree.

CARRiON.FLOWERS: Don't buy new games ... here.
I also agree somewhat. If you want the GOG release, wait a few months or years (for a sale) to see if it gets patched all the way.
Post edited December 03, 2016 by tfishell
African_wildlife: I contacted Apotheon developers two weeks ago and the Oddworld support email a week later.
Thanks, added both of them! Sorry about the delay!

African_wildlife: I think I'll only buy "good old games" from now on.
Unfortunately, that does increasingly sound like the most sensible option.

African_wildlife: GOG should demand publishers to release every update on GOG by contract: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/no_more_outdated_or_abandoned_games
Voted, even though I will freely admit that I lost all hope when they advertised their gimped Armello version. The ClusterTruck and Offworld Trading Company releases then proceeded to bury this lost hope and then urinated on its grave.
CARRiON.FLOWERS: Don't buy new games or indies here. Just don't do it.
Yes I do, but I try to be cautious about it.

I rarely buy anything on the release day anyway, one reason being the higher prices, and another if I see or realize the game will have DLCs later (I prefer to wait for a "gold edition" which includes all the small parts).

To me that fact that a GOG version gets an update or DLC later than the Steam version is not a big problem in itself... as long as they come. Of course if it is routinely several months or a year after the Steam update, then it is not ok anymore.

Also, it depends to me what exactly is missing. For example:

1. "The GOG version is missing the German or Cambodian language version of the game!". Sorry, I just can't give a shit because I don't wish to play any of my games in German or Cambodian. I only want the English versions, thank you. Even for Finnish games, I don't really look for Finnish language versions (e.g. the Trine games?).

Sucks for those who want non-English versions though, but I am not going to boycott games for something I don't personally need.

2. "Missing Linux and/or Mac versions!". I don't play on Mac, so meh. For Linux...hmm a native Linux version would be nice just in case, but if the Windows version is the primary version of the game, I'm fine with that too. I can use a Wine wrapper myself if I get an urge to play my games on Linux.

3. "GOG version is missing the multiplayer", so what else is new? As long as I am aware what the GOG version is missing so that I can make my own decision if it is ok to me. I don't need multiplayer part for games where I'd play the single-player part only anyway. Team Fortress 2 fulfills my online multiplayer gaming needs at the moment, I buy GOG games for their single-player parts.

Like Brutal Legend, when I bought it on GOG I knew already it is missing the multiplayer component... and I was fully fine with that myself. I knew I'd probably never play the multiplayer part anyway.

CARRiON.FLOWERS: A number of users here don't seem to give a shit either, which bewilders me.
As explained above, I am not going to boycott some game for something that doesn't really affect me. If it affects me, then yes. For instance, if the publisher of Slender: Arrival would release something else here, I would be very cautious to buy anything from them.

For that purpose fronzelneekburm has done great work, keeping up a list of games which are missing something. Then I can check whether it affects me or not, and make a conscious decision whether to buy the game or not.

On the other hand, I don't want to reward such publishers either (who bring a game to GOG but abandon it), by e.g. buying the game from Steam, unless it is a game that I feel I have to have (Slender is not one). In such cases I might just opt not to buy the game at all.

CARRiON.FLOWERS: Save your money. Buy older titles that are not seeing much patch activity here. GOG is a great store with some great people behind it, but holy fuck I don't think they planned the inclusion of newer titles to their store out AT ALL..
How should they have planned it then, ie. what should they do differently? The wishlist item is vague about that, just demanding that all games on GOG should be up to date (how exactly to make that happen?), and something about a contract demanding them to be up to date (which is not quite as simple as the wishlist item suggests).

In a way I guess I am already doing what you propose, ie. hardly ever buying GOG games on release, but waiting some time until they are not receiving more DLCs (and are not that actively updated anymore). But I quite often eventually buy them anyway, unless I recognize they are missing something that affects me sorely.

For instance that Armello game, most probably I will not buy it (not on GOG, nor on Steam) if the publisher has really decided not to bring e.g. some single-player DLCs to the GOG version. Their loss, no money from me.
Post edited December 03, 2016 by timppu
CARRiON.FLOWERS:
Cavalary: Problem is that this just reinforces and rewards this behavior. Devs only care for Steam releases and not GOG ones, people buy off Steam and not GOG, devs and Steam get the money and they have no reason to care for GOG in the future either.
I suppose I was speaking as someone who doesn't mind Steam DRM. I enjoy playing new games and indies and these past few years I've blasted through a huge chunk of my backlog so I'm always looking for something new to play. I personally don't have a reason to wait on some dev who may or may not decide to keep his product up to date here. For those who are gung-ho anti-Steam DRM, that is an even bigger pain in the ass I imagine.

I'd buy them here if they are fully up to date, but otherwise... meh. GOG hasn't given me a reason to be loyal for awhile, so maybe I'm not one to judge them in the first place.

timppu: How should they have planned it then, ie. what should they do differently?
They're already initiating their next plan to probably fix this which is Galaxy.
Post edited December 03, 2016 by CARRiON.FLOWERS
fronzelneekburm: ...
And to tell you the perfect, honest truth, I'm hitting that sweet spot right now where I'm thinking "Why the fuck should I even bother?"

Gog sure as shit don't bother. They don't bother about getting all their games up to scratch. Hell, they don't bother to even check their releases properly enough before release to keep their advertisements consistent with the actual content of the game.
I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you did quit doing all of this work. And I agree that this, and many other things that forum members do, should be taken care of by GOG. Whether you decide to keep doing this or not, know that there are many of us who are thankful for all of your efforts.