It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

romgb: Thank you fronzelneekburm for all your hard work.

You saved our wallets and helped us avoid scumbag developers/publishers more than you can ever imagine it.
Thank you so much for your help!
Agreed. Tbh if a game i want is abandoned here i usually don't even bother buying it on Steam and just forget about the game.
If it still means anything to anyone, Majesty Gold HD should be removed from the list.

A patch (EDIT: now both on Galaxy and in offline installers) has added modding support that was apparently only on Steam before, and added Galaxy-based multiplayer that they'll patch the Steam version soon to be compatible with, alongside other much-needed fixes.

Sauce.
Post edited October 09, 2018 by Plokite_Wolf
Point_Man: Hand of fate was updated to 1.3.19. Steam is still version 1.3.20. I tried asking the devs if 1.3.20 was an update fixing something Steam specific, no reply yet.
JudasIscariot: I'll answer your question here:

I'll ask the devs about it but seeing as they are currently working on the DLC for Hand of Fate 2, it might be some time before I get an answer regarding Hand of Fate 1's version :)
The new release today reminded me of this. Any update on this?
I've contacted the companies behind This War of Mine (11 bit studios) and Broforce (Free Lives) to inquire about up-to-date builds for the GOG versions of their games. Still awaiting replies. Seeing certain games on GOG being many months behind their equivalent on other stores/platforms is quite disheartening. Would be nice if GOG could give them a nudge as well.
Post edited October 17, 2018 by KUyTh
KUyTh: I've contacted the companies behind This War of Mine (11 bit studios) and Broforce (Free Lives) to inquire about up-to-date builds for the GOG versions of their games. Still awaiting replies. Seeing certain games on GOG being many months behind their equivalent on other stores/platforms is quite disheartening. Would be nice if GOG could give them a nudge as well.
I just sent GOG support a message the other day about Fallen Enchantress being outdated. Low and behold today there was an update bringing it up to Steam version. So contacting GOG and allowing them to make contact is probably best.
KUyTh: I've contacted the companies behind This War of Mine (11 bit studios) and Broforce (Free Lives) to inquire about up-to-date builds for the GOG versions of their games. Still awaiting replies. Seeing certain games on GOG being many months behind their equivalent on other stores/platforms is quite disheartening. Would be nice if GOG could give them a nudge as well.
BKGaming: I just sent GOG support a message the other day about Fallen Enchantress being outdated. Low and behold today there was an update bringing it up to Steam version. So contacting GOG and allowing them to make contact is probably best.
I can't help but wonder how many of them are actually not aware of GOG dev portal? https://devportal.gog.com/

Few of them i spoke to on Twitter few months ago didn't have a clue about it. Makes you think if GOG is reaching out to all the devs or if there's a problem with communication with some of them..
Post edited October 17, 2018 by PainOfSalvation
PainOfSalvation: I can't help but wonder how many of them are actually not aware of GOG dev portal? https://devportal.gog.com/

Few of them i spoke to on Twitter few months ago didn't have a clue about it. Makes you think if GOG is reaching out to all the devs or if there's a problem with communication with some of them..
I imagine this is going to continue to be a problem just because of how GOG does things. On Steam you have to go through Steam's tools to get on Steam, there is a bare minimal of Steam support needed. On GOG you do not have to have Galaxy support (not even a bare minimal) or use Galaxy's tools.
BKGaming: I imagine this is going to continue to be a problem just because of how GOG does things. On Steam you have to go through Steam's tools to get on Steam, there is a bare minimal of Steam support needed. On GOG you do not have to have Galaxy support (not even a bare minimal) or use Galaxy's tools.
Agreed... I wish GOG would (if they're serious about Galaxy growing, which I'm sure they are) put a minimum requirement in there to support it and (equally important) require them to use the Dev Portal... I've heard from so many developers that see the old school FTP method as being a bother to them which is why we often see games dropping off the patch bandwagon well before Steam gets its final patch... The Bard's Tale IV was the most recent high-profile example of a dev doing it the old way and the users suffering because of it... right before the first weekend after the game launched, they put out a critical band-aid patch on Steam and they "sent the patch to GOG" but GOG didn't get around to updating it until Monday... now they've fixed it and are using the Dev Portal and we were able to get a Hotfix patch during out of office hours (for GOG) at the same time Steam did, but people who backed the game like I did and waited so long were left waiting again for that first patch
Post edited October 17, 2018 by Mawthra
Mawthra: Agreed... I wish GOG would (if they're serious about Galaxy growing, which I'm sure they are) put a minimum requirement in there to support it
Sure wish they won't do that.
Cavalary: Sure wish they won't do that.
It wouldn't affect non-Galaxy users at all, so I don't see why they wouldn't/shouldn't
Cavalary: Sure wish they won't do that.
Mawthra: It wouldn't affect non-Galaxy users at all, so I don't see why they wouldn't/shouldn't
It might, giving even more priority to Galaxy use, and require getting some hooks in all games which may change requirements. Plus getting rid of the fact that Galaxy will always be optional from one end at least, that of devs.
BKGaming: I just sent GOG support a message the other day about Fallen Enchantress being outdated. Low and behold today there was an update bringing it up to Steam version. So contacting GOG and allowing them to make contact is probably best.
I've already sent mutiple support requests to GOG regarding this matter, and every time they offered me refunds for the games in question while they themselves are trying to reach out to the developers. Even though they granted me refund opportunities, I always feel guilty accepting them since many of the games affected by this issue have been in my library for a very long time; and in the case of This War of Mine, I've already declined a refund.
This time, I decided to wait a bit before I intend on writing support inquiries. It would be much better if they frequent these forums and notice our pleas, of course.
Cavalary: It might, giving even more priority to Galaxy use, and require getting some hooks in all games which may change requirements. Plus getting rid of the fact that Galaxy will always be optional from one end at least, that of devs.
Possible, but for devs that currently use the Dev Portal, they kill two birds with one stone... they upload their games/patches just once and then GOG takes those files to manually make the offline installers... Galaxy users win (faster/instant patches) and offline installer users don't even notice a difference, business as usual... this happens even if the dev isn't doing anything special as far as Galaxy integration with their game but are simply using the Dev Portal to update their game... requiring all devs to use the Dev Portal would probably help a lot of them from all the reading I've done as their distaste for the old method of sending GOG builds and patches comes up a lot... case in point is the A Hat in Time dev... he was only sending major updates to GOG because of how cumbersome it was to send updates... he got on the Dev Portal and the first week he was on it, Galaxy updated the game 4 times with incremental patches that GOG had no part of until they eventually caught up and made the offline installers... we live in a new era of games distribution as even Discord has joined the ranks of having it's own digital store... the last thing I'd want is for my store to be known as the one that's confusing, cumbersome and a hassle to use (from a dev's perspective)

KUyTh: I've already sent mutiple support requests to GOG regarding this matter, and every time they offered me refunds for the games in question while they themselves are trying to reach out to the developers. Even though they granted me refund opportunities, I always feel guilty accepting them since many of the games affected by this issue have been in my library for a very long time; and in the case of This War of Mine, I already declined a refund.
This time, I decided to wait a bit before I intend on writing support inquiries. It would be much better if they frequent these forums and notice our pleas, of course.
I did the same with Hyper Light Drifter (contacted GOG about it) and the game finally got the update that Steam has had for a while... it takes a dose of patience, but it does happen sometimes
high rated
I think GOG should start considering the introduction of warning signs on store pages of games that are not up-to-date after a certain grace period. It's informational to potential buyers and might result in developers properly maintaining their games if they don't want to lose face. Waiving specific developer/publisher privileges, such as the ability to discount their games during sales, can also make them think twice about neglecting their GOG customers.
KUyTh: I think GOG should start considering the introduction of warning signs on store pages of games that are not up-to-date after a certain grace period. It's informational to potential buyers and might result in developers properly maintaining their games if they don't want to lose face. Waiving specific developer/publisher privileges, such as the ability to discount their games during sales, can also make them think twice about neglecting their GOG customers.
+1

That or warn the dev and let them know it will be de-listed if they don't update