It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: Fronzel was right again.

Only they were too lazy to actually disable gogmixes, they just removed them from game pages.

Looks like we're about done here, guys. It's been one hell of a ride! Thanks to everyone who contributed and on occasion gave me some encouragement by letting me know how helpful this list was to them. It was much appreciated!

It's time for me to bow out now. In the past I always liked to blame devs and publishers for not updating their games here (and they do share the lion's share of the blame), but right now I'm at a point where I'm thinking: How can I trust a service to maintain the games they sell if they're incapable of maintaining their own website.

Take this as a vote of no confidence. When buying here, be cautious and always assume that you're getting the short end of the stick.
Thanks for the initiative and all your effort.
high rated
Grargar: Thanks for the initiative and all your effort.
tfishell: Thanks for your help. Are you done on the forums or are you going to stick around?
Thanks, guys!

The last two times I announced my retirement from the forum I walked back on that pledge in less than 24 hours. Strangely enough, I'm not even mad enough this time around to want to quit. Somehow, gog has already conditioned me into expecting the worst, so the changes that came with yesterday's design overhaul didn't come as that much of a shock to me. I think I'll stick around to satisfy my assorted shitposting needs.

Also, this thread isn't going anywhere. So if anyone finds a discrepancy with any game that should be pointed out, they can still post about it here. The search function is a borderline broken mess, but it should be serviceable for users who want to find out if a certain game they have their eyes on has been brought up.

----------------------------

Anyway, without further ado, here's the rest of the list. The original mix can still be accessed here, but please note I can't make any changes and it's 1.5 months out of date now.

Army Men
Not for sale in South Africa and South Korea. This was supposed to be temporary, but the lock has not been lifted, despite Steam having released this game in the meantime without this region lock.

Army Men II
Not for sale in South Africa and South Korea. This was supposed to be temporary, but the lock has not been lifted, despite Steam having released this game in the meantime without this region lock.

Army Men RTS

Army Men: Toys In Space

Hidden & Dangerous Action Pack

Hidden & Dangerous 2: Courage Under Fire

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Not for sale in Japan, while it is readily available on the Japanese Steam storefront. Gog version does not feature Japanese text. No option for gog customers to purchase the Deluxe Edition, which features, among other things, the soundtrack.

DLC: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth...
Not for sale in Japan, while it is readily available on the Japanese Steam storefront.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Si...
Not for sale in Japan, while it is readily available on the Japanese Steam storefront. Gog version does not feature Japanese text. No option for gog customers to purchase the Deluxe Edition, which features, among other things, the soundtrack.

Not for sale in Japan, while it is readily available on the Japanese Steam storefront.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V G...

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Region locked in Japan on gog, not on Steam. Missing two updates dating back to October and December 2017.

Sanitarium
Missing German and French language version

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future ...
Missing DLC: "Runner2 - Good Friends Character Pack"

SteamWorld Heist
Hasn't been updated since it has been released here. Missing a significant update (released in September '17) that fixed save issues.

Bard's Tale, The
Was updated to Remastered and Resnarkled Edition on Steam more than two months ago. These are the developer's words on the matter: "We'll be bringing it to GOG eventually, vv."

Door Kickers
Multiplayer is currently Steam only because the dev lacks the resources to implement the Galaxy SDK here. Out of date since November '17 (at the very least - last update on gog in May '17)

Death to Spies
Missing the French version, which is included on Steam.

Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Missing the French version, which is included on Steam.

Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today
gog offers version 1.0.7 while Steam has version 1.0.12.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Basically unplayable on W10 if you have the FCU. This is fixed on Steam.

Shadow Warrior Classic Complete
Devolver added a considerable number of Alpha and Beta builds as a bonus to the Steam version for Shadow Warrior's 20th anniversary. None of these early builds are in the gog version.

Space Rogue
Missing patch 1.11 - it's more than a year out of date It's also only 9.99 on Steam yet 19.99 here. The price was permanently cut on Steam a while back.

Chroma Squad
Gog version is still missing the episode editor.

Ash of Gods: Redemption
Region locked in China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, where it is readily available on Steam.

DLC: Ash of Gods: Redemption Digital ...
Region locked in China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, where it is readily available on Steam.

99 Levels to Hell
The Steam version of the game is version 2.0. The GOG version is still version 1.0.

Double Kick Heroes
Region locked in China, where it is readily available on Steam.

Ancestors Legacy
Was up for pre-order on gog. Come release day, the gog version was put on indefinite hold, no new release date was given.

BLACKHOLE
Missing patch 1.9, originally released back in April 2017

DLC: BLACKHOLE: Complete Edition Upgrade
Complete Edition? Not quite: Missing patch 1.9, originally released back in April 2017

Dying Light: The Following – Enhanc...
It does not support the "docklets" codes for weapons and some of the new rewards offered as part of their new free DLC packages. It also does not support the companion app.

Surgeon Simulator
Free DLC "The Heavy" and "Trump" missing, because: "Due to how GOG works the build of the game that is available via Good Old Games is a different one to that which is available on Steam as it is DRM free. We'd need to create a whole new build."

88 Heroes
Has never been updated here ever since its release back in March 2017. As a result, it's missing both the free DLC RSG Champions and the paid DLC H8 Mode Activated.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack
Complete Pack? Not quite... No multiplayer in the gog build.

DLC: Finding Paradise Soundtrack
Does not feature the FLAC version of the soundtrack (which is listed as "coming soon" on the game page since December 2017). The Steam version of the soundtrack has a significantly higher file size.

Candle
No option to buy the soundtrack and artbook found on Steam

Elven Legacy Collection
No Russian version here

Finding Paradise
Missing Polish, Ukrainian, Spanish, Korean, Italian, Portuguese-Brazil, Czech, Turkish and Hungarian language. Missing the alternative version which is available on Steam.

Downwell
The current GOG update is "DRMFREE 20161119A", implying a November 2016 release, whereas the latest stable update on Steam was released in October 2017. Attempts to reach the developer on Steam and Twitter were unsuccessful.

No Man's Sky
Gog version is lacking the multiplayer component introduced in the July 2018 patch. Dev states it "will not be ready at launch; we expect it to be released later this year as full multiplayer parity remains in the pipeline."

Broken Sword: Director's Cut
The Broken Sword Classic version is missing French, Italian, German and Spanish version

Broken Sword 2: Remastered
The Broken Sword Classic version is missing French, Italian, German and Spanish version

ArcaniA
Gog misses many voice overs from the Steam version, even though they were allegedly provided with the necessary files.

Holy Potatoes! We’re in Space?!
Contains Redshell spyware. After being called on this, the dev released a patched version (v.1.1.3) of the game on Steam, but the GOG version is still unpatched (v.1.1.0--over a year old).

P·O·L·L·E·N
Missing a large update and a permanent price decrease from $25 to $10.

BATTLETECH
GOG users who pre-ordered require a 3rd-party account in order to use their custom Mech skins, the Steam version doesn't. Some gog buyers have reported crashes-to-desktop if they're not connected to the net when they start the game.

BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
GOG users who pre-ordered require a 3rd-party account in order to use their custom Mech skins, the Steam version doesn't. Some gog buyers have reported crashes-to-desktop if they're not connected to the net when they start the game.

Kona
No VR support for the gog version.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
No VR support for the gog version.

Race the Sun
No VR support for the gog version. gog customers do get a registration key for Flippfly's website, where they can obtain a free key for the Steam version (which includes VR support).

Broforce
Missing update 2018.4. Numerous inquiries from gog customers have gone ignored, so it is currently unclear if/when this update will arrive on gog.

Overload
As of yet, there is no option for gog customers to buy the soundtrack.

Advent Rising
Received a patch on Steam that added a new launcher with additional graphical settings such as Widescreen support, Vsync, Trilinear Filtering and FOV. In addition, the soundtrack was released for free for Steam users. Both have yet to arrive here.
Post edited October 02, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Thanks, guys!
You're probably fed up for good now, but did you see this blue post from Linko?
A bit vague, but promising?
Post edited October 02, 2018 by phaolo
Here's what kind of what I'm thinking:

I think someone else suggested a Google Docs spreadsheet. Could we use a shared Google/Google Docs account to continue the list (password shared amongst a few trustworthy folks, and spreadsheet totally downloadable to backup just in case the password gets out and the doc is screwed with)? I wouldn't want to be the sole person responsible for this because I have higher priorities in real life to worry about. Nor would I be particularly proactive about seeking/researching outdated games but I could at least copy-paste what other people write into said doc.

It might be good to continue this in a separate thread if we take that route, especially since this one has gotten so big. I can create that thread to get the ball rolling or someone else can obviously.
Post edited October 02, 2018 by tfishell
Just bought "10th Anniversary Collection II: The Art of Aging Gracefully" and noticed the 2 games i got it for, Owlboy & Homeworld, are both apparently missing the latest patches they got on Steam. Unless i'm wrong about something. FFS it never ends :/.

Made a post on the Steam forums for Owlboy devs.

Apparently Homeworld is missing the last beta patch (2.205) the Steam version got (before Gearbox abandoned the game) which fixed a bunch of balancing issues from the 2.1 patch as far as i know. Though the community made 2.3 Players Patch seems to include it and extra balancing & bug fixes.
high rated
Point_Man: Just bought "10th Anniversary Collection II: The Art of Aging Gracefully" and noticed the 2 games i got it for, Owlboy & Homeworld, are both apparently missing the latest patches they got on Steam. Unless i'm wrong about something. FFS it never ends :/.

Apparently Homeworld is missing the last beta patch (2.205) the Steam version got (before Gearbox abandoned the game) which fixed a bunch of balancing issues from the 2.1 patch as far as i know. Though the community made 2.3 Players Patch seems to include it and extra balancing & bug fixes.
Two games on sale that are missing their latest patches (one I already have, the other I was considering grabbing). Great sale there gog. /sarcasm This shit is getting old.
Gmail is being finicky because I entered too young an age, and I don't have time to try to figure out other spreadsheet software to use. Hopefully somebody with more time will get something rolling, or even somebody could just create a gmail account (so we can use Google Sheets) and not screw up like I did. I have a potential email address name if somebody wants it, I can pm it.
tfishell:
I would prefer a markdown document on github. They can be automatically displayed as a html page.

Sample: https://github.com/adam-p/markdown-here/wiki/Markdown-Cheatsheet
tfishell:
mk47at: I would prefer a markdown document on github. They can be automatically displayed as a html page.

Personally, I'd be in favor of a non-Google solution as well. I spend quite a bit of time in China and I'd prefer the list to be stored somewhere I don't need to get a VPN for.
fronzelneekburm: Personally, I'd be in favor of a non-Google solution as well. I spend quite a bit of time in China and I'd prefer the list to be stored somewhere I don't need to get a VPN for.
Github includes a web based text-editor for those that don't want to edit files on their own computer and being git based we would also have a history of all changes.
tfishell:
mk47at: I would prefer a markdown document on github. They can be automatically displayed as a html page.

That's fine but I rarely use Github so it'd be appreciated if you or someone else can get the ball rolling.
Point_Man: Just bought "10th Anniversary Collection II: The Art of Aging Gracefully" and noticed the 2 games i got it for, Owlboy & Homeworld, are both apparently missing the latest patches they got on Steam. Unless i'm wrong about something. FFS it never ends :/.

I was thinking about purchasing this pack, despite already having Dragon Age: Origins.

I see there is no reply to the thread yet. You didn't, by any chance, receive a reply from them, by other means, did you?

Dalthnock: I was thinking about purchasing this pack, despite already having Dragon Age: Origins.

I see there is no reply to the thread yet. You didn't, by any chance, receive a reply from them, by other means, did you?
Nope. Nothing yet. I also already owned Dragon Age. I returned it because i didn't want another game where i would wait around wondering if the devs would ever get around to updating their game. I got Homeworld from the community giveaway thread though thanks to a generous user.

I don't mind that one as much as the 2.3 Players Patch seems to include the missing update, and the last patch it got was in beta on Steam. So Gearbox didn't even wait to get that last patch out of beta before abandoning the game on Steam as well, but at least they still have the option of installing that beta patch while the GOG version doesn't.
Point_Man: Nope. Nothing yet. I also already owned Dragon Age. I returned it because i didn't want another game where i would wait around wondering if the devs would ever get around to updating their game. I got Homeworld from the community giveaway thread though thanks to a generous user.

I don't mind that one as much as the 2.3 Players Patch seems to include the missing update, and the last patch it got was in beta on Steam. So Gearbox didn't even wait to get that last patch out of beta before abandoning the game on Steam as well, but at least they still have the option of installing that beta patch while the GOG version doesn't.
Thanks. I'll skip it, then.

It's good value for good games, but bad value for broken games.
high rated
Thank you fronzelneekburm for all your hard work.

You saved our wallets and helped us avoid scumbag developers/publishers more than you can ever imagine it.
Thank you so much for your help!
Post edited October 06, 2018 by romgb