It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: Unless it is a repeat offender, I don't think so (and even then, the GOGmix creator's stance is that once a game is up-to-date here, it gets removed from the list).
Well, fair enough, then.
Hand of fate was updated to 1.3.19. Steam is still version 1.3.20. I tried asking the devs if 1.3.20 was an update fixing something Steam specific, no reply yet.
Has Elex been removed from the list yet? Might want to do so:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_is_it_truly_more_difficult_for_developers_to_update_their_games_on_gog/post144
high rated
Point_Man: Hand of fate was updated to 1.3.19. Steam is still version 1.3.20. I tried asking the devs if 1.3.20 was an update fixing something Steam specific, no reply yet.
I'll answer your question here:

I'll ask the devs about it but seeing as they are currently working on the DLC for Hand of Fate 2, it might be some time before I get an answer regarding Hand of Fate 1's version :)
Point_Man: Hand of fate was updated to 1.3.19. Steam is still version 1.3.20. I tried asking the devs if 1.3.20 was an update fixing something Steam specific, no reply yet.
JudasIscariot: I'll answer your question here:

I'll ask the devs about it but seeing as they are currently working on the DLC for Hand of Fate 2, it might be some time before I get an answer regarding Hand of Fate 1's version :)
Thanks for looking into it :) .
deleted
Fairfox: can anyone confirm?
I cannot confirm anything firsthand, BUT:

1) The soundtrack on GOG is labeled as MP3 only and it's a 263MB download, while...

2) The soundtrack depot on Steam is nearly 800MB in size.

So yeah, I'd bet Steam does offer a FLAC soundtrack while GOG doesn't.
While I'm sure that everyone and their dog are excited over the release of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, let me put a damper on it by bringing attention to one very specific part of the page:

Notice: multiplayer is not supported.

Grargar:
Yeah, I wouldn't have even noticed that, it's a bit hidden.
I'm more a SP guy, but I'm also not a fan of missing features, expecially important ones like MP.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by phaolo
Grargar: While I'm sure that every Windows user and their dog are excited over the release of XCOM: Enemy Unknown...
FTFY :(
muntdefems: FTFY :(
No need to fix a figure of speech.
high rated
Grargar: While I'm sure that everyone and their dog are excited over the release of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, let me put a damper on it by bringing attention to one very specific part of the page:

Grargar:
So guys, do you think GOG shouldn't be selling the game then? Or what?

I am glad GOG decided to release it, even without multiplayer. As long as people are aware of it, I don't think there is any reason to bitch about it, and GOG is telling about it right there on the gamecard.

If you don't want to buy it without multiplayer (or achievements, or whatever), then don't. As simple as that.

I oppose the idea of adding this game to the "second class citizens" list, but I guess it is up to the list maintainer. The publisher should be commended for releasing the game on GOG, not condemned.
high rated
Geeeeez...

After a couple of days of, luckily, just removing stuff from the list (including the long-standing Homeworld: Deserts of Kharahrharhkk), we're back to end this week with a quadruple whammy.

Added XCOM: Enemy Unknown for missing multiplayer (shiiit, I just bought it a minute ago). What's even more infuriating is that the Seam version explicitly offers cross-platform multiplayer. Which probably means that if you own a Playstation, you can play multiplayer. If you own an X-Box, you can play multiplayer. If you're a gog-peasant, you can fuck right off.

Added Candle for missing OST and artbook-DLC.

Added Elven Legacy Collection for missing Russian language.

Added Finding Paradise for the missing FLAC soundtrack. How hard can it be to provide a FLAC soundtrack? It's been 7 months since the game launched here. Seriously...

Grargar: Unless it is a repeat offender, I don't think so (and even then, the GOGmix creator's stance is that once a game is up-to-date here, it gets removed from the list).
Neurus_Ex: Well, fair enough, then.
Yup, Grargar already pointed out my "official" stance. Allow me to elaborate a bit:

There are two guiding "goals" I seek to provide with this mix:

a) To allow customers to make more informed choices by informing them about stuff they might not necessarily find on the game page.
b) To shine a spotlight on certain problems in order to give gog/the devs a chance to fix it. I mean, hey, sometimes it happens a dev simply forgets about updating a game here. It happens. Missing language versions? That's nothing a 10 minute excursion to Wetransfer couldn't fix!

Now, there have been some instances where a game got patched to the most recent version, but those updates took forever. And with certain games they habitually take forever. Off the top of my head: Hands Of Fate, This War Of Mine, Sheltered,... And, yes, the temptation to leave games on the list as a warning is there, because, after all, I want to provide other users with service a.

HOWEVER, I REALLY don't want to disincentivize devs to publish patches here either. That's where goal b kicks in. After all, one of the reasons I gave this list a rather harsh name was to REALLY discourage devs from ending up here. As far as this gogmix is concerned, what would be the upside for a dev to patch their game if they're going to remain on the shitlist anyway? That's why I immediately kick games off the list once the wrong pointed out in the mix has been righted. I want to encourage devs/gog to fix things ASAP.

PROTIP: If someone wants to learn whether a game is frequently left out of date for months at a time, they can still check this thread right here.

timppu: I oppose the idea of adding this game to the "second class citizens" list, but I guess it is up to the list maintainer. The publisher should be commended for releasing the game on GOG, not condemned.
This may or may not surprise you, but I agree with you. I'm happy this game is here. I approve of gog selling this game. In fact, I approve of gog selling approx. 80% of the games on this list. But for the reasons outlined above, I'm going to include it.

I'm also happy gog is selling Mirror's Edge. Would I want gog to remove the game for the catalogue for the missing bonus levels? Hell no! Do I still think it's a massive dick move to not include those bonus levels in any non-Origin build of the game? Absolutely!

And an excised multiplayer mode is much more of a deal-breaker than a few missing levels IMHO...
Post edited June 14, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
timppu: So guys, do you think GOG shouldn't be selling the game then? Or what?
That Mac and Linux aren't here is a matter of having different publishers, can't fault GOG there, it's a different deal. About multiplayer, I don't care for it in the least, nor for the game itself, but as a matter of priciple if such a feature that the game itself should have is missing from the GOG version, this should be listed prominently and the price should reflect the difference. But the matter seems to be the other way around, price-wise (talking of base price).

Otherwise, of course in general I say don't sell games that don't adhere to certain principles. Like the ones they used to have, mainly no regional pricing. But they didn't have an all features principle, and even less so a multiplayer enabled one, actually quite the contrary, the DRM free thing being understood to hamper this, as did their initial focus on older games where servers may have been gone or which used obsolete protocols. So, yeah, can have it, but list it clearly, bold, whatever, in a very visible spot, and make it cheaper than in places where it's sold with this function enabled.
fronzelneekburm: Added XCOM: Enemy Unknown for missing multiplayer (shiiit, I just bought it a minute ago). What's even more infuriating is that the Seam version explicitly offers cross-platform multiplayer. Which probably means that if you own a Playstation, you can play multiplayer. If you own an X-Box, you can play multiplayer. If you're a gog-peasant, you can fuck right off.
AFAIK it's actually just cross-platform between Windows/Mac/Linux. The Linux and Mac versions aren't available here either though