It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
At the moment Perception will never receive any update at all and the devs are doing this ON PURPOSE.

https://www.gog.com/forum/perception/this_game_will_not_be_updated_at_all_because_devs_have_issues_with_gog/post1

Edit: It has come to my attention that the devs were talking about "logistical issues" only in their kickstarter update. However they still did not provide any ETA for a patch and appearently the game is also broken at the moment on GOG because of a game breaking bug. GOG is contacted and they will see if they could find out more. Please follow the thread linked aboce. At the moment I am torn I I really don't accuse anbody of doing or not doing anything just because of maybe a misunderstanding. If I will get new informations I will add those to the thread as well of course.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: At the moment Perception will never receive any update at all and the devs are doing this ON PURPOSE.

https://www.gog.com/forum/perception/this_game_will_not_be_updated_at_all_because_devs_have_issues_with_gog/post1
Added this absolute fucking trainwreck to the list.

Years of maintaining this list has somewhat hardened me towards asshole moves by devs, but this really takes the fucking cake.

These assholes sold a couple thousand copies on steam, so you'd think they'd be grateful for every sucker that bought that broken piece of shit 56-on-metacritic-having gimmick they call a game.

Yes, I'm angry.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by fronzelneekburm
Blood & Gold: Caribbean badly needs to be added:

https://www.gog.com/forum/blood_gold_caribbean/gogs_version_lacks_updates_for_more_than_a_year_dont_buy_here

The amount of games that have had update support abandoned here is getting ridiculous, I might have to stop buying newer games here as i'm starting to suspect gog is at fault.

Edit: Sword of the Stars: The Pit now has the Osmium Edition update.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by Lucian_Galca
Lucian_Galca: The amount of games that have had update support abandoned here is getting ridiculous, I might have to stop buying newer games here as i'm starting to suspect gog is at fault.
As much as I've been bashing GOG since the "good news", think the fault here lies more with the devs who don't care to support more than one version, and a DRM-free one even less so, not necessarily for being DRM free but for lacking utilities to make patching easier for them. So they'd first just handle Steam, some stop there, others maybe look into a GOG update that'd require Galaxy, which (I sure hope) won't fly, and then if GOG rejects that they say GOG's to blame. But just assumptions here...
Lucian_Galca: The amount of games that have had update support abandoned here is getting ridiculous, I might have to stop buying newer games here as i'm starting to suspect gog is at fault.
Cavalary: As much as I've been bashing GOG since the "good news", think the fault here lies more with the devs who don't care to support more than one version, and a DRM-free one even less so, not necessarily for being DRM free but for lacking utilities to make patching easier for them. So they'd first just handle Steam, some stop there, others maybe look into a GOG update that'd require Galaxy, which (I sure hope) won't fly, and then if GOG rejects that they say GOG's to blame. But just assumptions here...
I thought that myself at first, but there just seems to be so many of these cases now that I have to wonder.
I've been doing that for a while. Some devs (Larian) seem pretty good at updating large complex games (Divinity Original Sin), but now I don't rush to buy brand new games (especially from "single-game studios") until I've seen what the support is like 6 months down the line.

Also, whilst it's easy to blame GOG (and maybe they do share some blame), even some major "Remastered" Steam-only titles have been left abandoned in an even more buggy state than the originals (Bioshock 1-2 Remastered, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, etc). The devs behind the remastering have literally walked away from fixing bugs they created / re-introduced themselves. Other games like Styx: Master of Shadows still have mission game-breakers in. So bad support is not limited to GOG (or even low-budget games / devs).

That's also why I fear popular GOG-wishlisted games like Bioshock 1-2 or DX:HR, may end up with the buggy "Remastered" versions eventually coming here with no choice of the originals (because they're more expensive), and no matter what GOG does they'll have ended up missing the time-frame for getting the DRM-free version of the relatively bug-free originals (like Humble Store's Bioshock 1). :-(
Post edited December 19, 2017 by AB2012
Cancel that order on Sword of the Stars: The Pit, it just updated:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post18358
Added.

Sword Of The Stars is still within the 6 month grace period. However, considering recent events, I'm seriously contemplating lowering the requirement to 3 months or getting rid of it altogether...
fronzelneekburm: Added.

Sword Of The Stars is still within the 6 month grace period. However, considering recent events, I'm seriously contemplating lowering the requirement to 3 months or getting rid of it altogether...
Sword just updated on gog to Osmium Edtion, no need to add it now.
Lucian_Galca: Sword just updated on gog to Osmium Edtion, no need to add it now.
Awesome! :)
Lucian_Galca: Sword just updated on gog to Osmium Edtion, no need to add it now.
fronzelneekburm: Awesome! :)
It'll likely never need to be added too as according to that Steam post about it, that update is supposed to be the last update for the game.
Add Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak please:

https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_deserts_of_kharak/when_will_the_130_patch_be_released_on_gog/post1
Post edited December 24, 2017 by Lucian_Galca
Hmmmm.....
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_to_do_when_gog_support_dont_give_a_crap/post48
Post edited December 24, 2017 by Grargar
That linked post doesn't exactly inspire confidence that we'll see that patch anytime soon if ever. It's been at least more than a month now. I stand by my earlier request.
Lucian_Galca: It'll likely never need to be added too as according to that Steam post about it, that update is supposed to be the last update for the game.
I smell a GotY release .