It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Punished_Snake: I mean, you can put, for example, a contributor value of 20$ with the rule "You must have given away at least 20$ of games on GOG Group".
Sure, we have similar rules, just not with specific amounts of money. And like many others I also wouldn't want us to start keeping a ratio or anything like that.
I'd also like to know why and how you changed your username. It's weird! Are you undercover? :D

Let's not be dramatic about the rules we've seen so far. We haven't really seen an abuse or anyone trying to make a profit of them (lol) and I'm quite sure uchristensen's giveaway is a joke about how the rules could be abused.

So, about the "leave a comment" rule, are people annoyed because they consider writing (literally) anything in the giveaway page stupid or because they could get kicked or are kicked because of it?
I'm no big fan of forced 'thanks' but when the winner fails to show a bit of appreciation it's totally different.
DarkoD13: So, about the "leave a comment" rule, are people annoyed because they consider writing (literally) anything in the giveaway page stupid or because they could get kicked or are kicked because of it?
I think both. :p
DarkoD13: So, about the "leave a comment" rule, are people annoyed because they consider writing (literally) anything in the giveaway page stupid or because they could get kicked or are kicked because of it?
triock: I think both. :p
im thinking rule 10 is the main culprit who started this the other rules have had no complaints till now
I don't get it.

I never thought that writing anything would be such an inconvenience when I first used the rule. Seriously, this was nmillar's message. It counted and it was awesome.
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/6GKum/cubemen-2/page/1#16303851
high rated
You know, I'm kind of surprised that the "leave a comment" bit is the main source of "drama" regarding giveaways based on the recent happenings.

The way I see it, the reason all this dialogue has come about is because we're having people not reading the actual rules of giveaways and entering blindly due to the "see free game, want free game" mentality that is so very prevalant wherever oppurtunity for free games exist. It came about because people were being asked not to enter giveaways if they did not have the base game, not to enter if they had majority of a base game or things to do around that. NOT about comments. But upon making these requests, people were still entering, people were found to be not activating their wins, people were found to be not caring about the gifter or the gift.
So from that came the "leave a comment" messages. And people were still not paying attention staying loyal only to their "see free game, want free game" mantra. From that, we found people who don't gift at all while being in the group, not being a part of the group and leeching to their hearts content all becuase they reached 20 rep on the GOG forums one day and were eligible to be in the group. We found people gifting to their OTHER groups and making comments in their other groups showing they had no respect for our GOG group at all other than the oppurtunity to see free game, get free game. We found people entering 1000's upon 1000's of giveaways and not even taking the time outside of their mantra to even say hello, let alone thank you.

I don't want people like that entering my giveaways. I want people I know in this community and people who are part of the community here to win games so I feel good giving it to them. And I think the majority of the people debating this should feel that way too.

This isn't about being "forced" to make a comment. This is about being respectful of your fellow community members and appreciating what they are doing to contribute in making this the community that it is/was. I'm really shocked some of you have taken this to the opposite extreme and simply made it about "leaving a comment" and being "forced" to abide by "rules". It is so not about that. To me, I see a guy with 70 wins and 2 giveaways of DOTA 8 months ago, and I have no idea who this is on the GOG forums because he doesn't particicipate, I do not want to give this guy a gift. He/she is a leecher plain and simple. I'd rather it goes to someone who participates and gives comments from time to time. I do not want to see a guy blaming his little brother for having access to his SG account and being mischeivous on it over and over and over again having a chance to win my giveaways. My god, the little brother excuse is as old as the internet, how is it still being used as an excuse. Thats just an example but when called out on stuff, people come up with all kinds of random excuses to not be kicked out of what is a "see free game, want free game" group that this was on the verge of becoming (still might).

Anyhow, to me, its not about the comments at all, like I said. Leave a comment, don't leave a comment, no one really cares about that. Its about the underlying purpose of what a comment serves. We can certainly just make this a pure gifting group - that kind of group will die quicker than the kind that requests for members to interact and get to know each other by leaving comments and hellos and thank yous. I leave comments cuz it makes me feel good to at least thank the person taking the time to offer me a chance to win a game I want. Its the least i can do. And sure, when I make giveaways, I don't care for the dozens or hundreds of "thanks" spam but if I were to see no one at all cared to do that, I'd delete the giveaway before it ended.
Its just simply about respecting the giver and appreciating the gift.

TLDR? Please read it.
liquidsnakehpks: I started the feedback on the rules because at this rate the group will not have much members left

so i request you members to decide on something that will be a peaceful yet sensible decision for the group's sake.
In my case what makes this whole thing even better is that the owner (and reporter) of the giveway which I was banned for WON ONE OF MY GIVEAWAYS just three weeks back. The reason for belonging to the group (to me) was a friendly atmosphere. I wasn't a member for financial gain - I'm probably around +/- 0 $ after a quick calculation from the last six months, but what happened here is simply unacceptable in my book and I want no part in a group which exhibits such behaviour.

It's a real shame, since checking the thread used to be, as I said, one of the high points of my day, but stuff like this just destroys it for me. Hopefully the remaining members see things differently and you can still have a good, giving community.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Jonni
DarkoD13: I don't get it.

I never thought that writing anything would be such an inconvenience when I first used the rule. Seriously, this was nmillar's message. It counted and it was awesome.
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/6GKum/cubemen-2/page/1#16303851
:D

That was after several failed attempts to post an ascii cube; I just gave up and went for the simpler option instead! :P
liquidsnakehpks: I started the feedback on the rules because at this rate the group will not have much members left

so i request you members to decide on something that will be a peaceful yet sensible decision for the group's sake.
Jonni: In my case what makes this whole thing even better is that the owner (and reporter) of the giveway which I was banned for WON ONE OF MY GIVEAWAYS just three weeks back. The reason for belonging to the group (to me) was a friendly atmosphere. I wasn't a member for financial gain - I'm probably around +/- 0 $ after a quick calculation from the last six months, but what happened here is simply unacceptable in my book and I want no part in a group which exhibits such behaviour.

It's a real shame, since checking the thread used to be, as I said, one of the high points of my day, but stuff like this just destroys it for me. Hopefully the remaining members see things differently and you can still have a good, giving community.
whats your take on this profile? check it and let me know
http://www.steamgifts.com/user/keremixx
did you know without the current rules he would be sitll entering and winning your giveaways and leaving without a care ?
nmillar: :D

That was after several failed attempts to post an ascii cube; I just gave up and went for the simpler option instead! :P
It gave me a laugh for another reason, too. Exponents don't appear correctly on my pc for some reason, so I had to copy it and paste it in the searchbar, where it revealed its true nature... XD
Attachments:
3.png (13 Kb)
nmillar: :D

DarkoD13: It gave me a laugh for another reason, too. Exponents don't appear correctly on my pc for some reason, so I had to copy it and paste it in the searchbar, where it revealed its true nature... XD
Aha, then it was like a mini puzzle to entertain you for a few seconds - even better! :P
liquidsnakehpks: whats your take on this profile? check it and let me know
did you know without the current rules he would be sitll entering and winning your giveaways and leaving without a care?
I'm obviously not aware of the reason he was banned and don't know his GOG forum nick - if he was banned only for not saying "thank you" in giveaways, then he should not have been banned. Did he give +1's to giveaways, thanked the creators of giveaways he won or did not claim the games he won?
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Jonni
teshra:
Rather well put and I generally agree!
i dunno. i think that this is good.
everyone is talking about this subject & we are all stating our opinions on it.
i dont understand why people feel that this talk is negative
its good to have a discussion & for all members to be able to chime in on their experiences.
not everyone is aware of everyones situation, so its great to hear & learn about it.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Death2Videodrome
liquidsnakehpks: whats your take on this profile? check it and let me know
did you know without the current rules he would be sitll entering and winning your giveaways and leaving without a care?
Jonni: I'm obviously not aware of the reason he was banned and don't know his GOG forum nick - if he was banned only for not saying "thank you" in giveaways, then he should not have been banned. Did he give +1's to giveaways, thanked the creators of giveaways he won or did not claim the games he won?
he did not do anything other than enter giveaways and winning the giveaways and repeating the process nothing else done , no reply,no +1 you at least pm'd me to know why you were banned , he did not even care, you dont know his gog nick cause he never bothered to check the thread here.

hes still entering gog giveaways shamelessly cause steam sync hasn't kicked in yet it takes 7 days
Post edited June 14, 2013 by liquidsnakehpks