It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Regarding the new rules... (could be I'm a bit late)

Considering the give-won ratio (Which counts no CV for the group ) I think I I have to give some bundle games which don't earn me any cv just the rep I need to continue withing this group, am I right?
Post edited May 03, 2015 by Elrinda
To clarify my position on the new rules. I have no problems with them as such and I doin't think I will be in danger from them myself. I tend to give in groupings so there can be a little while in between my GAs ( it much depends on my pension/bill ratio and savings;) ) If the numbers are too harsh (What I think they are now) People could feel forced to do GAs and that is not what I like. This is a gifting group not a swapping group. As it is we are getting rid of leachers and I think I haven't had a GA going to someone who hasn't responded so no cheaters either for my part. I am not in touch with the numbers in the group and can't say if it is a major problem but forcing GAs should not be the solution. A more lenient set of numbers of the new rules and everything would be fine in my book. That way even the very poor can be a part of this and still participate at their own rate and the people who do not make any GAs would be sifted out eventually. The link to the ratio is a fine tool if you feel that the winner seems odd to you still.
...as said, I'm not against giving away bundle games which I can with no problems! [url=](http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/CV5u4/h-leftover-gamessaintsrowivthe-bureaudeadlightcognitiongotyw-cardstf2-keysoffers[/url] )........ - ........ (which I prefer trading for a fair price!)

To be going on with this group with the new rules, it says that (not included cv's ) I have to give "any " game possible to be able to stay in the group!
I'm fine with booting people who only enter giveaways while never giving back, but the numbers of the new rules seem a bit too harsh.
Mrstarker: I'm fine with booting people who only enter giveaways while never giving back, but the numbers of the new rules seem a bit too harsh.
The numbers in the rule are not permanent , we started out with a goal to deal with the people who were in the extreme end of the gift difference , we can fine tune the numbers as the group goes along.
Hey guys, just read the most recent rule changes and I have to say that I think they're perfectly reasonable both outright but also if for no other reason than they are ultimately created by the most generous of people in the community who are contributing the most to the community and ultimately should have the most say about it as they have no obligation to anyone to ever give away any games, so if people choose to give something away it is entirely their right to decide the rules of how they will do it no matter how lenient or how strict it is in the end. I must admit that I have absolutely no entitlement mentality in life concerning just about any aspect of life, so I am biased towards being grateful to kind and generous people in the world whether or not their kindness and generosity directly benefits me or others or both, although in the case of the game gifting community both here on GOG and elsewhere, I am indeed grateful both for my own winnings over time but also for seeing others benefit from human kindness of this nature. We have a truly wonderful community here on GOG. I'd encourage those who organize and run this stuff to make any and all changes they think are necessary to have balanced giveaways in the future and not be too concerned about folks that don't like the changes. Furthermore I'll still feel the same way even if some future change to the rules somehow has a net negative impact on myself although I doubt that will happen as I prefer to be a rule follower myself regardless of what they are.

Again, many thanks to all of the generous contributors out there!
Post edited May 03, 2015 by skeletonbow
I would like to join. your group
m8lordz: I would like to join. your group
If you have read the rules from the first post, you would know that you can't for now:

• Rule #3: Only active members of GOG.com with a minimum of 40 in REP can apply (you have 1).

• Rule #7: You needed to post your SteamGifts profile.

Rule #8 will have to be applied in this situation: Now you need 55 in REP and can ask for an invite after a month (after June 3, 2015).
Oh wow, I only now realized that there are new rules in place concerning this group. Shows you how active I've been here recently... Anyhow, having given away quite a few games here, as well receiving a few fantastic ones, I whoeheartedly support these new rules and hope that group activity will only rise as a result of all the "leechers" being kicked, although as a sidenote I gotta mention that as someone who's quite allergic to over "rulification" of harmless leisure activities I couldn't care less if the person who's won my giveaway has not contributed at all to the group or if he or she ever intend to play said game.
I posted a thought on the rules change on a giveaway.

The new rules simply stops users from winning a lot without giving back...not a big deal to me. That said I think it should be reversed and base off of your giveaways not your wins. for example:
Givaways Maximum differential
<10 -5
11-20 -10
21-30 -15

This would mean that if you have given away less than 10 games, you can win 5 more than you have given away. You are rewarded for actually giving games away. WIth the current rule worded the way that it is. You are rewarded for winning less, not giving away more. Also if you have 100 wins your max differential is -3 meaning that you would have to give away 97. The reward structure means that the more you give away the less you can win % wise of those giveaways. WIth the new reversed wording, one can win 5 giveaways without giving a game away themselves, but as they give games away, the amount they can win increases. Personally if someone has given away 100 games to the group I don't think I care how many times they have won. Obviously the numbers can be tweaked and smaller blocks of giveaways would be better in the lower ranges

Givaways Maximum DIfferential
<10 -5
11-15 -8
16 20 -10
21-25 -13
26-40 -15
41-60 -17
61+ -20

Or go with a straight percentage where
Wins<1.25GA+5 so there is always that buffer where someone can win a few games at the beginning before they get into gift giving mode.

Again it is just my opinion that we should be rewarding those that give more away with the opportunity of more win potential, whereas currently we are saying that the more you win, the less differential you can have.

Also I would just like to add that one problem that ALWAYS comes up on any gifting group where there are any ratios or rules like this...some people have a hard time gifting games that are not as popular, because people do not want to 'use' one of their wins on a less than top tier game. I know that we want to think of our group as different and that we really are giving for the community of it and the karma or the joy or giving...but if that were the case, this entire rules change would not have happened.
iphgix:
The new rule can be tweaked and changed in the future to make it better if needed. But for now it has been working as expected and doing its purpose. Your idea is good, but unfortunately LiquidSnake is offline for an unknown period of time because of a sudden hardware failure in his computer (laptop) so we can't discuss this at the moment. When he's fully back online we will though. For now I will send via PM to him the link to your post so he can see it when he can.
I'd like an invite please.

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Violator
Noticed that my gift difference had gotten over limit so here are some gifts for you:

Alien Breed Trilogy
As far as I've played, this is a good top-down shooter game that is nicely brought to modern machines.
Haven't played the trilogy to finish, only the first one from the series so far but I have no gripes with it. Controls are responsive, guns are effective, the tension is there. Maybe the enemy variation is the only one so far but I'm not very far into the game yet so it might change for the better later on.

Worms Blast

Superfrog HD
A nice and casual old school platformer! Lots of speed, lots to collect, but not too hard if you just want to blitz through the levels. Although sometimes I have found myself a little lost in where to go but only briefly. I recommend a gamepad and a good monitor since the frog will be running very fast and you want to be able to keep up with the speed!
iphgix: I posted a thought on the rules change on a giveaway.

The new rules simply stops users from winning a lot without giving back...not a big deal to me. That said I think it should be reversed and base off of your giveaways not your wins. for example:
Givaways Maximum differential
<10 -5
11-20 -10
21-30 -15

This would mean that if you have given away less than 10 games, you can win 5 more than you have given away. You are rewarded for actually giving games away. WIth the current rule worded the way that it is. You are rewarded for winning less, not giving away more. Also if you have 100 wins your max differential is -3 meaning that you would have to give away 97. The reward structure means that the more you give away the less you can win % wise of those giveaways. WIth the new reversed wording, one can win 5 giveaways without giving a game away themselves, but as they give games away, the amount they can win increases. Personally if someone has given away 100 games to the group I don't think I care how many times they have won. Obviously the numbers can be tweaked and smaller blocks of giveaways would be better in the lower ranges

Givaways Maximum DIfferential
<10 -5
11-15 -8
16 20 -10
21-25 -13
26-40 -15
41-60 -17
61+ -20

Or go with a straight percentage where
Wins<1.25GA+5 so there is always that buffer where someone can win a few games at the beginning before they get into gift giving mode.

Again it is just my opinion that we should be rewarding those that give more away with the opportunity of more win potential, whereas currently we are saying that the more you win, the less differential you can have.

Also I would just like to add that one problem that ALWAYS comes up on any gifting group where there are any ratios or rules like this...some people have a hard time gifting games that are not as popular, because people do not want to 'use' one of their wins on a less than top tier game. I know that we want to think of our group as different and that we really are giving for the community of it and the karma or the joy or giving...but if that were the case, this entire rules change would not have happened.
Isn't it possible to set your giveaway so that only members with a certain level can enter? That way you will be rewarding those who have given away more games.

Oh yeah!

I'd like to thank for QuestRun and Sanctum! Very much appreciate it! Exactly the kind of games I like to play on my short game moments during the day! :D
Post edited May 18, 2015 by AkiMatti
MorningStar33: I'd like an invite please.

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Violator
Welcome to the club! ^_^. I sent a group invite through Steam ;)
(And don't forget to read the rules.)
Post edited May 18, 2015 by Azrael360
AkiMatti:
Many thanks for the giveaways! Although you posted them in the wrong thread (:P)
Here they go: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/steamgiftscom_gog_gift_club_v3_giveaways