It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adambiser: Welcome.
capile2: Thank you very much.

Oh, and if I may say so, the rules on this thread aren't up to date. On the Steam group, there are 3 more rules.
yep i pm'd gog staff regarding this but got no reply
here is a update of the rules as stated before , i will start enforcing them from now.

After discussions with lot of members of the group , it has come to my notice that members are leeching way worse than the group rules allowed. A particular member managed to completely invalidate rule 10 . So it has been modified . This rule change will now apply to all current and new members and will be enforced from oct 1.
Anyone failing to meet this rule will be removed.

Please read the new change as before , It is difficult for us to track all members so i humbly ask the members of the group to report anyone breaking the rules.

Rule #10: You are expected to make a giveaway for the group within 6 months of your joining or after your first 5 wins whichever happens first, Also Frequent winners and older members will be checked for their contributions , if they have found to be just Winning here without a single giveaway for the group for a long time and Inactive in appreciating other giveaways , poor response to their win gifters etc will result in kicks, Please don't get the habit that this group is for leeching where you can be inactive and just enter giveaways.

Rule #11: Warnings are back for the people found to be leeching after their first giveaway[Max conditions next 10 wins:1 giveaway and it increases so on to next 20th win : 1 giveaway, 30th: 1 etc], you will be warned once before being kicked for good. This warning will impose on you to achieve certain condition such as rep,giveaway etc within a certain period, failing it will result in termination. Warnings might be also imposed on reported cases of rule Breaking

Rule #13: has been deleted since we have a new rule of warning system.

I thank all the active members and gifters for actively taking interest for the well being of this group.

you can report cases now to adam, momo and me for consideration now.

To help gifters further more , any warnings issued or bans will be posted here
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GOGGIFT/discussions/1/613936673525599768/
Feel free to check there, No Warnings and Ban info will be posted here in the invite thread from now on.
Hi all,

I just noticed that I have been permanently banned from the group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GOGGIFT/discussions/1/613936673525599768#p2

I apologize to anyone who I have offended or wronged with my behavior and I'm sorry for being what is construed as being a "leech". I had not been keeping up with the new rule additions, so that is my fault for not paying more close attention.

Hopefully I can remain part of this great community with no ill will to and from anyone, whether it be in the GOG Gift Club or not. I've removed my club giveaway entries since then so the gifters won't have to go through the trouble of a re-roll in case I happen to win.

Again, I'm sorry and thanks to all for the opportunity to be in the club.
Would you mind opening the doors for a new friend in town? ^^

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/AcidFluxMx
AcidFlux: Would you mind opening the doors for a new friend in town? ^^

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/AcidFluxMx
Invite sent

I would like to give all members another heads up regarding the new rules , please read rule 10 and 11 again if you have missed it . The warnings will only given if you fall close to limits mentioned after the first win in rule 11 , if you are found to be on the extreme end . There will be no warnings for extreme leeching.

There are a lot of members so we haven't still checked everyone but we will conduct full sweeps sometime later please correct yourself , there is no exceptions to this rule.

If you find someone who violates these rules please pm me or adam or momo.
Post edited October 22, 2014 by liquidsnakehpks
Yeah, as a mod in this group, I gotta say something but not as a mod but as a human being....

Listen up - we are ALL human beings with varying levels of activity on this forum, Steamgifts, game-playing etc depending on our own personal circumstances - no job = on here and other sites a lot/ job or school or new baby or new love = NOT on here or other sites a lot. Right?

So when you are jumping to some dark conclusion about a member, please stop and consider that other irl considerations might be in effect. Maybe having a convo with the person might be a good idea before you report them or get them banned from this group or Steamgifts. If after you talk to them it seems apparent that they are indeed a total jerk/scammer, sure go a head and report away...but until then MAHAYO... it isn't just about code drops, it's about building relationships and friendships that cross country/cultural boundaries.... and that is what GOG does best - creating a place where gamers from around the globe come together in relative peace and friendship to share their love of gaming.
Momo1991: Yeah, as a mod in this group, I gotta say something but not as a mod but as a human being....

Listen up - we are ALL human beings with varying levels of activity on this forum, Steamgifts, game-playing etc depending on our own personal circumstances - no job = on here and other sites a lot/ job or school or new baby or new love = NOT on here or other sites a lot. Right?

So when you are jumping to some dark conclusion about a member, please stop and consider that other irl considerations might be in effect. Maybe having a convo with the person might be a good idea before you report them or get them banned from this group or Steamgifts. If after you talk to them it seems apparent that they are indeed a total jerk/scammer, sure go a head and report away...but until then MAHAYO... it isn't just about code drops, it's about building relationships and friendships that cross country/cultural boundaries.... and that is what GOG does best - creating a place where gamers from around the globe come together in relative peace and friendship to share their love of gaming.
i also would like to add , as i have mentioned before the group rules have gotten stricter which each insane case we deal but there is always something called informing the admins and mods.

If you are a member of this group and have a legit problem that prevents you from meeting the rules of the group. Specially rule 10 such as being active or able to gift back do contact us so that we can allow some exception.
However if you continue to enter giveaways and win them and report your story after the removal there isn't anything much to be done there.

We have to take action if you have entered a giveaway and are in violation of the rule because Steamgifts will not honor a re-roll in the worst case if we wait too long to take action and the giveaway ends.

I will say this again , people will report you most likely if you enter the giveaways actively and win them when you are in violation of the rules.
No random members are just reported like that . We here avoid randomly doing sweeps to give every member a chance to correct themselves.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by liquidsnakehpks
Momo1991: Yeah, as a mod in this group, I gotta say something but not as a mod but as a human being....

liquidsnakehpks: i also would like to add , as i have mentioned before the group rules have gotten stricter which each insane case we deal but there is always something called informing the admins and mods.

If you are a member of this group and have a legit problem that prevents you from meeting the rules of the group. Specially rule 10 such as being active or able to gift back do contact us so that we can allow some exception.
However if you continue to enter giveaways and win them and report your story after the removal there isn't anything much to be done there.

We have to take action if you have entered a giveaway and are in violation of the rule because Steamgifts will not honor a re-roll in the worst case if we wait too long to take action and the giveaway ends.

I will say this again , people will report you most likely if you enter the giveaways actively and win them when you are in violation of the rules.
No random members are just reported like that . We here avoid randomly doing sweeps to give every member a chance to correct themselves.
The steam group notification points to this post. In here I can read about rules 10 and 11, but I can't read the actual rules themselves. Going to the OP only has up to rule 9. Maybe an extra link/explanation would be good?
liquidsnakehpks: i also would like to add , as i have mentioned before the group rules have gotten stricter which each insane case we deal but there is always something called informing the admins and mods.

P1na: The steam group notification points to this post. In here I can read about rules 10 and 11, but I can't read the actual rules themselves. Going to the OP only has up to rule 9. Maybe an extra link/explanation would be good?
yep i was checking to see if the notifications were working , it does from now on every week i will be posting a announcement with the full rules.
We cannot modify the first post here since darknath has left and i contacted gog admin to see if i can be handed control over the thread but no reply back

This is simply astonishing The moment i sent out the announcement tons of people in the group are already aware .
I did not think people were that active in steam.
Here is what i plan to do
1) create a proper thread on the steam group page that explains The rules , links to follow and read and explanation
2) Member Issues thread , for some reason you cant pm the mods and admins here about a issue you have personally you can use that thread
3) Rules discussion Thread , if members have good suggestions on how we can make this group more safer, friendlier etc do discuss in it.

I have also gotten some messages they cannot actively post stuff in here due to downrep issue so posting all this stuff in steam group threads have no issues since there is no rep to worry about there.

I will update my post when i have created all the relevant Threads.

Communication is most important.

Also my timezone in india is way off for the announcement to make any impact so please suggest a optimal day and time it should be sent out.
P1na: The steam group notification points to this post. In here I can read about rules 10 and 11, but I can't read the actual rules themselves. Going to the OP only has up to rule 9. Maybe an extra link/explanation would be good?
liquidsnakehpks: yep i was checking to see if the notifications were working , it does from now on every week i will be posting a announcement with the full rules.
We cannot modify the first post here since darknath has left and i contacted gog admin to see if i can be handed control over the thread but no reply back

This is simply astonishing The moment i sent out the announcement tons of people in the group are already aware .
I did not think people were that active in steam.
Here is what i plan to do
1) create a proper thread on the steam group page that explains The rules , links to follow and read and explanation
2) Member Issues thread , for some reason you cant pm the mods and admins here about a issue you have personally you can use that thread
3) Rules discussion Thread , if members have good suggestions on how we can make this group more safer, friendlier etc do discuss in it.

I have also gotten some messages they cannot actively post stuff in here due to downrep issue so posting all this stuff in steam group threads have no issues since there is no rep to worry about there.

I will update my post when i have created all the relevant Threads.

Communication is most important.

Also my timezone in india is way off for the announcement to make any impact so please suggest a optimal day and time it should be sent out.
Still, I haven't been checking those threads for the longest time, but it seems some crazy stuff has been going on there. If I have some time (and popcorn), I'll go check the situation out later. Otherwise, good luck handling it all.

As for being active on steam... you do get a popup when you log in, or I just happened to log in as you sent the notification (just woke up). GOG gift club notifications are rare enough to warrant a click. That said, if they keep coming, I'll of course start ignoring them.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by P1na
liquidsnakehpks: ay off for the announcement to make any impact so please suggest a optimal day and time it should be sent out.
P1na: Still, I haven't been checking those threads for the longest time, but it seems some crazy stuff has been going on there. If I have some time (and popcorn), I'll go check the situation out later. Otherwise, good luck handling it all.

As for being active on steam... you do get a popup when you log in, or I just happened to log in as you sent the notification (just woke up). GOG gift club notifications are rare enough to warrant a click. That said, if they keep coming, I'll of course start ignoring them.
They wont be done everyday like a salesman spam , once i determine the best time and day for everyone to notice it might done monthly once or after a large number of new members join so that everyone can know whats going on

Everyone please read this , i will be post this once in a while to make sure everyone knows whats going on
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GOGGIFT/discussions/1/613939841494835246/
May I join?

My SG profile:

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/marianne
I'd like to join, if that's ok. Thanks!

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Pickle14
Post edited October 26, 2014 by Pickle1477
Pickle1477: I'd like to join, if that's ok. Thanks!

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/Pickle14
marianne: May I join?

My SG profile:

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/marianne
invites sent welcome :D
Steamgifts ? is this topic allowed ?

If so i have a question, I also like casual games, but... i already have 300 or more games on (retail cd/dvd)
so I decide to checkout gamersgate for old/ new DRM free casual games that i dont have (either because they are to old or not released yet on the denda label), I saw fallout collection which i have on cd/dvd (retail)
also have the original games on cd (got them the minute the game was released)

But now i saw on GG the fallout collection for 5 euros (action) so i bought it, but its a steam code (cry)
i assume these games also wont work on win7 like the ones i have on cd/dvd, so what should i do with the steam serial ? costed 5 euros

Should i try to trade it here for a game on GOG? or make a steam account ? anyone suggestions ?

update: its okay, decided to just keep the steam key and i guess i have to try the steam :D
Post edited October 26, 2014 by gamesfreak64
After analyzing numerous members of the group i noticed that many of the long time members aka older than 6 months have still not corrected themselves to fall into the rules. In all fairness roping them into rule 10 part aka
"you are expected to do a giveaway within 6 months of your joining" seems a bit harsh Hence i have extended the grace period to 12 months hoping that members correct themselves before we start scanning and kicking out people for it.
However you are expected to make the first giveaway to the group if you have won 5 giveaways before 12 months.

Here is a re-cap of all the rules once more so that people opening this page will catch them if they have missed it , will send out a announcement when i notice most members of the group are online.

Rule 10
You are expected to make a giveaway for the group within 12 months of your joining or after your first 5 wins whichever happens first, Frequent winners and older members will be checked for their contributions , if they have found to be just Winning here without a single giveaway for the group for a long time and Inactive in appreciating other giveaways , poor response to their win gifters etc will result in kicks, Please don't get the habit that this group is for leeching where you can be inactive and just enter giveaways.

Also Rule 11 of warnings is extremely complex and hard to understand so it has been simplified to a new rule 12

Rule 11
To avoid over leeching , members are expected to make a giveaway back to the group on their every 10th win after their First giveaway.
Which means if you made your first giveaway after winning 5 giveaways your next giveaway for the group will be for 15th win. other wise its normal for every 10th win one giveaway is expect max tolerance 12th win.
We will warn you for the first offense when the ratio is exceeded greatly. Next time will be a kick.

Rule 12
" A single warning will be provided before a member will be kicked out for breaking rule 10 once and rule 11 once"
Please refer to the group page aka http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GOGGIFT

Some members seem to think we are out here to flat out remove people . I hope the members understand that we only take the harsher action only if we find the offending members to be entering giveaways actively because of sg re-roll issue. In all other cases the mods will try to warn you to correct the mistake failure to provide a good response will ensure removal.

We want the group to be a strong healthy interactive group aka members taking part actively and want to avoid over leeching issues. I hope the warnings help members in realizing that they can change to be a better part of the group.

Also one final clarification
This keeps happening around , older members who were kicked out of the group before for various reasons still keep making attempts to get back in by various methods including annoying people via pm.
I will say this again no matter what the rules change into , once a member has been removed permanently , he will not be added back no matter what the case is, if we allow one back in that would make the term permanent meaningless.