It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heads up, Crusader Kings 2 (which is already on the list) is free on Steam for a moment. I retested the game on Win10 just to make sure it has remained DRM-free, no problems from what I've seen.
Post edited April 06, 2018 by Exceed20XX
Exceed20XX: Heads up, Crusader Kings 2 (which is already on the list) is free on Steam for a moment. I retested the game on Win10 just to make sure it has remained DRM-free, no problems from what I've seen.
Yep, it also remains DRM-free on Linux.
Okay, everyone, we're all updated again! :D
JYDGE (already mentioned by muntdefems above) will also work on Windows 10 as long as you use the steam_appid trick. It will complain about Steam not being initialized, but you can totally ignore those messages and it will run and save without the Steam client.
Does anyone know if Cry of Fear works without steam? Giving it’s a free game (a mod conversion really) it would be nice to play it without have to load up steam.
thraxman: Does anyone know if Cry of Fear works without steam? Giving it’s a free game (a mod conversion really) it would be nice to play it without have to load up steam.
I didn't have any luck with it when I tested it a while back. I'll double check again when I have some time but my initial experience is "no" on this one.
thraxman: Does anyone know if Cry of Fear works without steam? Giving it’s a free game (a mod conversion really) it would be nice to play it without have to load up steam.
Just downloaded and tested it (Win7/64). Unfortunately the answer is "no". There even is a steam_appid already present so this trick also is a nogo. Last but not least I tried the different executables. The launcher will lauch (after an error message) but pressing launch will give you the same error message you will get when starting the other executable file directly.
MarkoH01: Just downloaded and tested it (Win7/64). Unfortunately the answer is "no". There even is a steam_appid already present so this trick also is a nogo. Last but not least I tried the different executables. The launcher will lauch (after an error message) but pressing launch will give you the same error message you will get when starting the other executable file directly.
Damn, well thanks for looking into it, you as well Exceed20XX.
Celestian Tales: Old North

Already mentioned for Linux, but it will also work on Windows 10 with a mere copy-paste.
Maybe you can use it with Xash3D.

http://www.moddb.com/engines/xash3d-engine
Has anyone managed to run Sunless Skies from Steam without the Steam client?
I helped kickstart the game and chose a steam copy instead of a gog one and now Im trying to run the game on a pc without steam.
I tried following the instructions for how to run sunless sea but skies seems to crash the moment the menu appears.
Thanks in advance.
DoubleOMurfy: Has anyone managed to run Sunless Skies from Steam without the Steam client?
I helped kickstart the game and chose a steam copy instead of a gog one and now Im trying to run the game on a pc without steam.
I tried following the instructions for how to run sunless sea but skies seems to crash the moment the menu appears.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I cannot help you here (don't own the game) but if you don't mind, I am curious. If you wanted to have the game DRM-free why didn't yopu just chose a GOG key if you had the choice?
Satellite Reign works out of the box on Windows. The game is currently free through the Humble Store.
Geralt_of_Rivia: Satellite Reign works out of the box on Windows. The game is currently free through the Humble Store.
Thank you!
MarkoH01: Sorry, I cannot help you here (don't own the game) but if you don't mind, I am curious. If you wanted to have the game DRM-free why didn't yopu just chose a GOG key if you had the choice?
I considered it heavily but in the end I chose a steam key. What exactly was I thinking, I'm not sure anymore. Perhaps I was relying on the steam version working without the client like Sunless Sea does, But I haven't managed to get it to work yet.