It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Change your chat settings or accept my invite and I might help you.
thraxman: Done.
And you've got a chat-mail-whatever :D
The I of the Dragon

Works fine without steam. But it needs the registry keys found in 279720_install.vdf (in reg folder) to run. The easiest way is to start it once and then export and save "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Primal".
Yesterday a generous donor gifted me "Human: Fall Flat" and at first I thought the old "create steam_appid.txt" trick would work since it started without any problems. BUT then I realized that even thogh the game launched without any problems I was not able to load checkpoints (the game saves automatically).

So in order to make sure that a game actually is running on steam in addition to launching the game in question I'd suggest to first try to save and load a savegame to make sure that it really works.
Had that same problem with Saints Row 4 before its release on GOG, otherwise I would've reported it for the list.
fairly sure the Metro game belong on this list and doodle god
Beast360: fairly sure the Metro game belong on this list and doodle god
Metro? The FPS game?
Beast360: fairly sure the Metro game belong on this list and doodle god
vidsgame: Metro? The FPS game?
yeah, both of them actually (the redux versions at least)
Beast360: yeah, both of them actually (the redux versions at least)
Sweet. I was looking into those.
I have both of the Metro Redux games on Steam but they won't run without it... ? Would be nice if there is a way to get them running without Steam though since they're missing their Linux versions here.
adamhm: I have both of the Metro Redux games on Steam but they won't run without it... ? Would be nice if there is a way to get them running without Steam though since they're missing their Linux versions here.
oh, I could've sworn I got them working without steam before
Super Hydorah

http://store.steampowered.com/app/628800/Super_Hydorah/

Win 10 Pro 64 bits
Okay, up to date again!
Oh that's what that is.
He is spamming.
I have an update for the entry on Killer Is Dead. The entry for the game specifies the following:
"Will launch Steam if found; the game launches by itself if Steam.exe is renamed, or if Steam is not installed "

I believe there's a simple solution to this given what I've seen. Locate the engine config file in the game folders. It's at KillerIsDead/KidGame/Config/KidEngine.ini

Open this file and run a search for the line "bRelaunchInSteam". Change this value from "true" to "false". Save and close the file then try booting it. It shouldn't boot Steam now from what I'm seeing. (Tested on Windows 7/10)

Meanwhile I've found that Valkyria Chronicles works DRM-free but it has the same caveat that we believe Killer is Dead originally had (launching Steam if it is present without changing the name or moving the .exe etc.) I'm wondering if there's a way around this just like KID.
Exceed20XX: I have an update for the entry on Killer Is Dead. The entry for the game specifies the following:
"Will launch Steam if found; the game launches by itself if Steam.exe is renamed, or if Steam is not installed "

I believe there's a simple solution to this given what I've seen. Locate the engine config file in the game folders. It's at KillerIsDead/KidGame/Config/KidEngine.ini

Open this file and run a search for the line "bRelaunchInSteam". Change this value from "true" to "false". Save and close the file then try booting it. It shouldn't boot Steam now from what I'm seeing. (Tested on Windows 7/10)

Meanwhile I've found that Valkyria Chronicles works DRM-free but it has the same caveat that we believe Killer is Dead originally had (launching Steam if it is present without changing the name or moving the .exe etc.) I'm wondering if there's a way around this just like KID.
You might as well just delete the steam dll (I guess it was steamapi.dll or sth like that) from inside the game directory.