It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All three of Creeper World games are Steam-free and work even on WinXP.

Tested on, accordingly, WinXP.
Grounded, currently in Early Access, is DRM-free. I'll add it to the wiki when I update.
Anyone know if Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (remaster) on Steam is DRM-FREE over there?
MysterD: Anyone know if Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning (remaster) on Steam is DRM-FREE over there?
My guess is no since the original is tied to Steam but I do apologize as I'm unsure whether that's actually the case.

I own the new version here and opted to get it here rather on Steam for the reason that it might be tied to Steam.
MysterD: Looks like Control: Ultimate Edition is out on Steam now.

Is it DRM-FREE on Steam?
Can it be ran without Steam?

Or...does anyone know if it's wrapped w/ Steamworks/CEG? Any other 3rd party junk?
MarkoH01: Don't know about Steam but on Epic it still is DRM-free ... and as it has been said, it is coming to GOG as well.
Good to know it's still DRM-FREE on Epic; especially since I think I still have that $10 coupon looming there?
Not sure if that expired yet, I'd have to check and all.

I'll check once today's weekly freebies go up, in an 1 hour and a half or so (i.e. around 11am EST).

I really want/need a Control: Ultimate Edition on Epic though, if I'm going to actually buy Control over there. I don't think they have a package where you can buy it all in one clip.

I think....it's all still separate on Epic Store, unless they finally added the Ultimate Edition there.

Of course, buying stuff separate would be easier on Epic, if they actually added a Shopping Cart feature to the service so you could toss as many pieces as you needed in one big old cart.

EDIT:
Great! Epic added a Control Ultimate Edition finally:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/control/ultimate-edition
Post edited September 10, 2020 by MysterD
BIG UPDATE.

There is a strong chance alot of the games being published by Playism are drm-free. I just tested the Deer Simulator game and it's drm free.

I can't comment on all their games. Playism sells all the games from 2019 and older drm free on their own website. The only game that seems to have broken this rule is Break Arts 2. I'm not sure what it's drm status is, but on the website it only sells a steam key and it pulled out of the humble store.
Post edited September 15, 2020 by comicbookguy90
I was testing Castaway Paradise. Game ran without Steam but got connection error. Didnt try making the txt file so not sure if that would fix it.
I wonder if someone could test The TakeOver and see if it is DRM free?

I've asked about bringing the game to GOG, but the developer has said he has no immediate plans to.

EDIT: So I bought the game anyway, seeing it seems unlikely to be coming to GOG.

Forgive me, I'm new to this. I tried to follow the instructions in the original post.

I copied the game folder to documents, renamed the .exe file and got an error saying the .exe file and _DATA file should have the same name. I renamed _DATA folder to match the .exe and now the game appears to run fine without the Steam client.

Did I do this correctly and does it means The TakeOver is DRM Free?
Post edited September 20, 2020 by BurlyHeart
BurlyHeart: I wonder if someone could test The TakeOver and see if it is DRM free?

I've asked about bringing the game to GOG, but the developer has said he has no immediate plans to.

EDIT: So I bought the game anyway, seeing it seems unlikely to be coming to GOG.

Forgive me, I'm new to this. I tried to follow the instructions in the original post.

I copied the game folder to documents, renamed the .exe file and got an error saying the .exe file and _DATA file should have the same name. I renamed _DATA folder to match the .exe and now the game appears to run fine without the Steam client.

Did I do this correctly and does it means The TakeOver is DRM Free?
I think I'd call that a successful test. To be sure, though, I'd try it again, but rename the Steam.exe instead of the actual game .exe, and if it runs then, you'll be good. But if it didn't noticeably launch Steam, than you're probably okay.
Okay, we're all updated again!
Someone need to check if BG3 is without DRM when it releases tomorrow 6th October, considering Larians track record it should be since as far as i know all their games can be played without client.
Post edited October 05, 2020 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: Someone need to check if BG3 is without DRM when it releases tomorrow 6th October, considering Larians track record it should be since as far as i know all their games can be played without client.
What is BG3?
ChrisGamer300: Someone need to check if BG3 is without DRM when it releases tomorrow 6th October, considering Larians track record it should be since as far as i know all their games can be played without client.
Crimson-X: What is BG3?
Baldur's Gate 3
Endzone is DRM free according to the publisher. The game is also on GOG and the builds are supposed to be the same.
Can't test though because I didn't buy it on Steam.
Looks like Denuvo has been removed from Resident Evil 3 Remake:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-evil-3/denuvo

So, my next question - can RE3 Remake on Steam now be ran w/out Steam client-app running in the background?
Anyone know?