It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: Manual Samual is DRM-free on Windows (7) as well.
And it is free on Humble right now (if you subscribe to the newsletter that is).
Thanks for the tip. Never heard of this before but the game is actually quite fun.
Steam version of Underhero is also DRM Free just like GOG and Itch.
Demigod is NOT DRM-free on Steam! You need an impulse account to play it. Please remove it from the list.
Post edited April 18, 2020 by MischiefMaker
Sky Rogue is DRM-free on Steam.
I guess this means I have to go through my entire library so hopefully something can be added to this list.
high rated
Okay, first, I'm going to update the list pretty soon here; I've had to transition into working from home, and stuff has been really busy. Second, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age just had Denuvo removed from it, and in doing so, they made it *completely* drm-free. This was a fantastic surprise, especially coming from Square Enix. :-D

Stay safe as always, everyone!
pedrovay2003: Okay, first, I'm going to update the list pretty soon here; I've had to transition into working from home, and stuff has been really busy. Second, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age just had Denuvo removed from it, and in doing so, they made it *completely* drm-free. This was a fantastic surprise, especially coming from Square Enix. :-D

As a proud pirate who enjoys bypassing what normies can't normally this is a CRIME SQUARE ENIX! I shall not let this stand! I'll be informing the slave masters about this at once so enjoy it while it lasts.

But this is kind of funny how just hours before this update they made another one that removed important files to boot the game, now they remove certain files that kept the Steam DRM working in the now Denuvo free game. Still serious about letting Square Enix know about this problem though.
pedrovay2003: Okay, first, I'm going to update the list pretty soon here; I've had to transition into working from home, and stuff has been really busy. Second, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age just had Denuvo removed from it, and in doing so, they made it *completely* drm-free. This was a fantastic surprise, especially coming from Square Enix. :-D

Thank you for mentioning this. I've just bought the game myself and can confirm that it is drm-free provided that either the game can't find the "steam.exe" file or create the steam_appid.txt file with any number in it.
SteamWorld Heist now seems to launch Steam or it wont start. Tried a couple of launch options to no avail.

Edit: Actually, it only needs the steam_appid.txt file.
Post edited April 25, 2020 by Dark_art_

Ogdin: As a proud pirate who enjoys bypassing what normies can't normally this is a CRIME SQUARE ENIX! I shall not let this stand! I'll be informing the slave masters about this at once so enjoy it while it lasts.

But this is kind of funny how just hours before this update they made another one that removed important files to boot the game, now they remove certain files that kept the Steam DRM working in the now Denuvo free game. Still serious about letting Square Enix know about this problem though.
Why let them know? (Also, looking at the Steam forums, I'm pretty sure they know already.)
Okay, we're all updated again. Thanks to everyone for their contributions! As a reminder, please list the operating system on which you're testing these games (if no OS is listed, I'll assume it's Windows).

A couple of things, just to clarify and to clean up the wiki page a bit: I've noticed a lot of people saying that some of the listed games require the steam_appid.txt trick, even though that's not specified on the wiki page. When I test games to see if they're DRM-free, I rename the Steam.exe file to make sure that there's no way the client can launch, and in that case, games that seemingly require the steam_appid.txt trick will work even without it; DOOM 64 is one of these. If you don't rename Steam.exe, then Steam will indeed launch, but the text file prevents this; if you DO rename Steam.exe, then you don't need the text file at all. If we would rather have all of these games listed under the steam_appid.txt section of the wiki regardless of them launching fine with Steam.exe renamed, let me know, and I'll see if I can find the time to clean up a bit.

Also, going back to my mortal enemy here: Dungeon Defenders. This has kind of been a back-and-forth thing on the wiki for a long time now, so I'm hoping for some definitive input. The wiki says that Dungeon Defenders is DRM-free if you go into its launcher and change the game mode to GameSpy instead of Steam. I've tried this a million times, and I absolutely *cannot* get it to launch without Steam, no matter what I do with the game's launcher. I've removed it from the wiki more than once already, but it always ends up back on there. Can anyone provide definitive, absolute proof as to one way or the other? Thanks in advance if you're willing to play with it!

EDIT: It looks like XCOM: Chimera Squad is DRM-free, too, if run from the main program file. That's great, considering that 2K was one of the only companies still using Valve CEG in their games (Valve hasn't even use that in years).
Post edited April 27, 2020 by pedrovay2003
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again. Thanks to everyone for their contributions! As a reminder, please list the operating system on which you're testing these games (if no OS is listed, I'll assume it's Windows).

A couple of things, just to clarify and to clean up the wiki page a bit: I've noticed a lot of people saying that some of the listed games require the steam_appid.txt trick, even though that's not specified on the wiki page. When I test games to see if they're DRM-free, I rename the Steam.exe file to make sure that there's no way the client can launch, and in that case, games that seemingly require the steam_appid.txt trick will work even without it; DOOM 64 is one of these. If you don't rename Steam.exe, then Steam will indeed launch, but the text file prevents this; if you DO rename Steam.exe, then you don't need the text file at all. If we would rather have all of these games listed under the steam_appid.txt section of the wiki regardless of them launching fine with Steam.exe renamed, let me know, and I'll see if I can find the time to clean up a bit.

Also, going back to my mortal enemy here: Dungeon Defenders. This has kind of been a back-and-forth thing on the wiki for a long time now, so I'm hoping for some definitive input. The wiki says that Dungeon Defenders is DRM-free if you go into its launcher and change the game mode to GameSpy instead of Steam. I've tried this a million times, and I absolutely *cannot* get it to launch without Steam, no matter what I do with the game's launcher. I've removed it from the wiki more than once already, but it always ends up back on there. Can anyone provide definitive, absolute proof as to one way or the other? Thanks in advance if you're willing to play with it!

EDIT: It looks like XCOM: Chimera Squad is DRM-free, too, if run from the main program file. That's great, considering that 2K was one of the only companies still using Valve CEG in their games (Valve hasn't even use that in years).
Thank you for informing everyone about XCOM Chimera Squad. However, I think everyone should look at the notes for launching the game without Steam below on PC Gaming Wiki to avoid dealing with a debug menu:

EDIT: copy the link below, since I can't get the link to text to properly work.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/XCOM:_Chimera_Squad#Bypass_launcher_and_skip_intro_videos
Post edited April 27, 2020 by coates32
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark plays fine copying the game folder to other computer. It gives a warning some Steam file isn't found and asks to support the dev, but totally playable as fas as I could tell.

Edit: BTW, the game seems quite good and fun, run on very weak system, it doesn't have any Unity telemetry files and is playble with controller, keyboard, mouse or touchscreen at any given time. Can't ask for more...
Post edited April 30, 2020 by Dark_art_
Neoverse and MO:Astray are both DRM-free (Windows 10 tested). Both are in the current Humble Choice also.

Edit: Just to clarify more, both games work without Steam present but will make the call to Steam if they find a way to boot a Steam present. Would there be any parameters I should try to see if they bypass the call? The steam_appid.txt trick doesn't seem to make any difference this time.
Post edited May 01, 2020 by Exceed20XX
Hi there! Hope everybody's doing fine, given the circumstances. :\

Just a quick heads up as I've added a crapton of games to the wiki page over the past weekend. I had a looong list of reports and, just like with several other overdue tasks, I took advantage of the confinement to get things done.

As I said, I've added lots and lots of games -hundreds of them- so I'm not gonna go into details here. For that, feel free to check the "History" tab of the wiki page. :P

Also, many of those additions are games non-native to Linux, which I've tested with Wine. So if any of you Windows users can replicate my findings, by all means do report your findings here so the corresponding "Tested on Linux with Wine" comment can be removed.