It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just got Voodoo Vince Remastered during from the Steam Winter Sale for $4.07 (after tax).

Can happily confirm it is DRM Free. No special steps are required. After installing through Steam, you can play the game from the .exe file without having Steam running. This means you don't even have to move or copy it to a different location. You can play it still from it's original location in the Steam Apps Common folder.
Post edited December 20, 2019 by Crimson-X
Okay, we're all updated again, and I've also added SUPERHOT VR. It would be interesting if anyone could test ADR1FT, as mentioned earlier, especially since it used to have Denuvo.
Forgot to mention I am using Windows 7.
Jamestown+ can join the original version as DRM-free. It's as simple as running the .exe. It won't call Steam to boot unless it is already actively running. Tested on Win10.
Post edited December 21, 2019 by Exceed20XX
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again, and I've also added SUPERHOT VR. It would be interesting if anyone could test ADR1FT, as mentioned earlier, especially since it used to have Denuvo.
Win7
It launches then crashes . Just the time to see the adrift logo
same using ADR1FT-Win64-Shipping.exe in binaries as using the ADR1FT.exe in the game root
Steam client installed but not launched (of course)
I do not know how works the appid.txt trick so there is none
Post edited December 21, 2019 by gvyop
gvyop: I do not know how works the appid.txt trick so there is none
If you still want to test the steam_appid.txt trick, here is how to do it:

Create an empty text file with the name steam_appid.txt and put only this number "300060" (without "") in the file. Then put the file in the same directory where the executable is.
Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Myans works without Steam running if you use the steam_appid.txt trick.

Appid is 931860

The game is currently on sale for $4.99 during the Steam Winter Sale.
Post edited December 23, 2019 by Crimson-X
Also will need to update Splasher as it is also DRM free on Windows not just Linux.

Update:

Rikki & Vikki is playable outside of the Steam client. For Windows.
Post edited December 28, 2019 by Crimson-X
gvyop: I do not know how works the appid.txt trick so there is none
MarkoH01: If you still want to test the steam_appid.txt trick, here is how to do it:

Create an empty text file with the name steam_appid.txt and put only this number "300060" (without "") in the file. Then put the file in the same directory where the executable is.
does not work, same behavior
either steam_appid in the game root with ADR1FT.exe nor in the binaries/win64 folder next to the ADR1FT-Win64-Shipping.exe.

still working within the steam UI .
Post edited December 28, 2019 by gvyop
Just for information:

During the Winter sale GOG had the game "Felix the Reaper" discounted but the discount was quite a bit lower than on Steam. Since I already tried the free demo on Steam which is DRM-free and the dev refused to answer to my question why the discount was lower on Steam I decided to buy on Steam and I hoped it would run without the client as well.

It launched and you could play it ... but here's the thing. You could only play the demo version of the game (easy to recognize because in the level select screen there was a big "click here to buy full version" text). At first I thought that the game did not update correctly, so I deinstalled and reloaded again ... same result. The moment I launched directly using the client the full version was launched and it was the only way to get this full version to work. So even though it seems as if the game is runnable without the Steam client this is NOT the fact. Since I never experienced such strange behavior before I thought it might be worth to tell you guys about it.
Post edited January 02, 2020 by MarkoH01
Came here to say that Ninja Senki DX is also DRM free. The game has only the .exe file and works perfectly without steam. I tested it on windows 10.
MercT: Came here to say that Ninja Senki DX is also DRM free. The game has only the .exe file and works perfectly without steam. I tested it on windows 10.
Thank you!

Btw need to update Dex and Wuppo. After the last updates those two games got (Enhanced Edition and Definitive Edition)... they are no longer DRM Free and require the Steam Client to be running.

Dex never got the Enhanced update on GOG though. Thankfully Wuppo on GOG did get the Definitive update.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Crimson-X
Crimson-X: Dex never got the Enhanced update on GOG though.
Your information does not seem to be true. Changelog for Enhanced on Steam says:

Manual saves anytime during gameplay
New user interface and better support for gamepad
Improved enemy
AI Revamped AR and Cyberspace modes
The possibility to use weapons while walking and crouching
Support for Steam Achievements, Trading Cards and Badges
German, French and Hungarian localization
Better audio and sound effects Multiple other fixes and improvements

and GOG is listing those languages on the gamecard as well.

Edit: checked it out myself and it even says "Enhanced Version" on menu. So the information is in fact incorrect.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
Crimson-X: Dex never got the Enhanced update on GOG though.
MarkoH01: Your information does not seem to be true. Changelog for Enhanced on Steam says:

Manual saves anytime during gameplay
New user interface and better support for gamepad
Improved enemy
AI Revamped AR and Cyberspace modes
The possibility to use weapons while walking and crouching
Support for Steam Achievements, Trading Cards and Badges
German, French and Hungarian localization
Better audio and sound effects Multiple other fixes and improvements

and GOG is listing those languages on the gamecard as well.

Edit: checked it out myself and it even says "Enhanced Version" on menu. So the information is in fact incorrect.
What version is the enhanced edition then? On the Steam update history it has this for version 7.0.0.0

https://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/1699448143471838496

The GOG changelog doesn't show this. It stopped at 6.0.0.0
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Crimson-X
Crimson-X: What version is the enhanced edition then? On the Steam update history it has this for version 7.0.0.0

https://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/1699448143471838496

The GOG changelog doesn't show this. It stopped at 6.0.0.0
It is correct that the latest update is still missing on GOG - but the enhanced version update was earlier.
Also: be careful with the GOG changelog - many updates for many games are on GOG without changelog. In this case however the version is 6.0.0.0 as well - so it is outdated ... just not "not even enhacned version" kind of outdated.

Here is the enhanced announcement (was in 2015 already):
https://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/80294362240780250
Post edited January 03, 2020 by MarkoH01