It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As many of you, fellow gamers, we at GOG.COM will spend some more time at home in the coming days and weeks for obvious safety reasons.

Aside from the Spring Sale deals, we gathered all the free games from our store in one place for you to enjoy.

Enjoy some of the best classic DRM-free titles at your home and stay safe!
For true oldfags - there are full version of Death Rally (1996) on ModDB. I remember that this Great Old Game was free for all for some time from Developers (or Publishers - can't remeber exactly). This version is FULL and free (Works great on Windows 7). Download and play for your pleasure! :))
Post edited March 18, 2020 by SvitlaSveta4
tailsy64: It came to my attention, I had Tyrian 2000 on my GOG account, and never bothered to play it until seeing it on this list. I just had a great time playing the first episode this morning. Wish I'd play it sooner.
Yeah, it is an amazing shooter. Charming, fun, full with litle details ("Good luck"), you can experiment with weaponry, there is a history and files to be collected and read... Overally an all-time favourite.
As an additional note, the Internet Archive has a fine collection of Steaming Only software and titles to browse.

archive.org/details/stream_only

[URL intentionally broken.]
Does anyone know name of that free fps game that looked like a Quake 3 arena clone that got removed here?
DreamedArtist: Does anyone know name of that free fps game that looked like a Quake 3 arena clone that got removed here?
The game's name is Warsow.
DreamedArtist: Does anyone know name of that free fps game that looked like a Quake 3 arena clone that got removed here?
Aktuh: The game's name is Warsow.
Cool Thanks! cant believe I forgot that games name.
SvitlaSveta4: For true oldfags - there are full version of Death Rally (1996) on ModDB. I remember that this Great Old Game was free for all for some time from Developers (or Publishers - can't remeber exactly). This version is FULL and free (Works great on Windows 7). Download and play for your pleasure! :))
I forgot about Death Rally. Great to see it easily available, I'd still like to see it on GOG for folks (it has over 1k votes on the wishlist)
Darvond: As an additional note, the Internet Archive has a fine collection of Steaming Only software and titles to browse.
Eh. My issue with that site is that there are quite a few games that are still readily available to buy and play, making the whole "preservation" spiel ring a bit hollow.
Darvond: As an additional note, the Internet Archive has a fine collection of Steaming Only software and titles to browse.
Mr.Mumbles: Eh. My issue with that site is that there are quite a few games that are still readily available to buy and play, making the whole "preservation" spiel ring a bit hollow.
Well, considering that you can't save in them and come back and there's many things which make playing there less desirable, I think we can work out some kind of ground.
Would be cool to see some new ones there.
Mr.Mumbles: Eh. My issue with that site is that there are quite a few games that are still readily available to buy and play, making the whole "preservation" spiel ring a bit hollow.
how is that not preservation , what if publisher ends the support ? then it is preserved there totally fine
Post edited March 19, 2020 by Orkhepaj
Thank you for the freebies :)
Shout out and sympathy for all my stuck/ quarantined brothers and sisters. I'm now counted among those ranks, take care and especially don't neglect your mental health.
Thanks for the collection of freebies. :)

Gotta say, I'm not enjoying working from home, not a fan of home office at all. xD
Edit: I've changed my mind, it's pretty neat tbh. :)
Post edited March 20, 2020 by NuffCatnip
I tried to make it run. It did run, but there were issues with timing (a common issue where running old games on recent hardware). It was a great game! If anyone has more success than me, please let me know.
Gede: I tried to make it run. It did run, but there were issues with timing (a common issue where running old games on recent hardware). It was a great game! If anyone has more success than me, please let me know.
You used dosbox? I think it works fine if you push the programm between around 18000 - 22000 circles or so.