It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Day one releases incoming, while Galactic Civilizations III & Galactic Civilizations II arrive with GOG Galaxy support.

The award-winning space-strategy developers, Stardock, are joining GOG.com for a long-term cooperation to bring their catalog of best, upcoming, and unannounced releases aboard our DRM-free freighter. Lift off!

There is plenty of greatness to look forward to - our upcoming releases will include Offworld Trading Company™, Servo and Ashes of the Singularity, as well as future unannounced projects; all coming on day one - all complete with full support for GOG Galaxy, including achievements, multiplayer, leaderboards and more.

We'll also be releasing the best of the Stardock catalog, so stay tuned for: Sins of a Solar Empire®: Trinity, Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Sorcerer King, and more.

We're starting out with with:
<span class="bold">Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition</span> - available 75% off at launch.
<span class="bold">Galactic Civilizations III</span> - ready with a cargo of extra content including: Revenge of the Snathi DLC, Mega Events DLC, Map Pack DLC, and Original Soundtrack - all available at 60% off in a single pack, or 50% off separately.

So come and join us aboard the DRM-free freighter, our trip through Stardock's many space and strategy universes is about to get prolific!
OMFG :)
Keiyan: Stardock betrayed the players once.
tinyE: How?
His probably talking about Elemental: War of Magic.
Keiyan: Stardock betrayed the players once. I'm not going to forget or forgive that at any point. Beware that, should they see any opportunity to make a single penny more by removing their title from here, they will do so.

Keiyan
Well, business is business. Don't confuse business with personal feelings.

Also - in the long run - All these games here on GOG will no longer be here (and neither will GOG - or you and me).

The important point is - if 'they' take 'remove their titles', can I still play my supposed DRM-Free-purchased titles after they remove those titles? (And for me - that boils down to - will the single-player still work. I recognize there are issues with multiplayer in a lot of titles here - issues I may disagree with. But my reality is - I care about single-player..).

SO - is the answer yes or no? I can or cannot play previously purchased titles after they get removed.

Magic eight-ball says 'signs point to yes'.

Has already been so with some other titles that had been removed (such as the Fallouts, and there are some others I can't think of at the moment).

tl;dr: I'm not going to worry about them removing titles in the footchure..
I scanned through all 9 pages and found my answer.

I'm glad Stardock finally smartened up and stopped cramming that crummy "stardock account" down my throat. I'll definitely be adding some of their games to my wishlist.

Long live DRM-free gaming.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by DieGans
Matruchus: His probably talking about Elemental: War of Magic.
if I remember correctly, they did betray the players with that game BUT made it up to a whole lot of people by giving away Fallen Enchantress and Legendary Heroes for no cost (latter was if you bought before 10/30 of that year) and I forget when the cutoff for the free copy for the first game ended but it was maybe early the following year. For comparason, what did EA do with the mess that was the ending to ME3? They just released a director's cut. With Elemental you first had a store break the release date (it wasn't Gamestop) followed by the buggyness people expected resolved in 1.0. It was not fixed so they offered refunds to people. Since it was still selling and not as many were asking for refunds, they decided on the course of action listed above. How many companies have given away 2 full games because of a BAD release (I'm not talking Ubisoft giving away already made games-I'm talking games-not yet developed).

This is directed at any Stardock people posting in the tread about games coming to GOG: Will it be possible to redeem keys for gal civ III, SOASE: rebellion (upgrade edition copy), SOASE key/keys for the 2 $9.99 expansions into trinity, along with Offworld Trading Company, FE (legacy upgrade), and FE:LH (upgrade) in the future? I would post a screenshot of my library but I don't want people using my keys, and I don't want to have to buy a second copy to play MP when I have a copy from you to redeem on here. If it's restricted to keys not purchased through Steam that's OK as long as Steam keys bought DIRECTLY from Stardock work and keys gotten before the sale of Impulse work as well.
high rated
Wow, I love the excitement! Makes me think I should have done this sooner :) Moving the Sins of a Solar Empire series over was basically waiting on my approval and time in my schedule to make the necessary code changes (which are significant). Anyways, I worked on them for quite awhile and I'm quite happy with the results so I hope you will be too.

But that's not all...

Not only is the Sins of a Solar Empire series coming to GOG but working on the conversion also inspired me to make a number of much requested improvements, fixes and optimizations to the latest version of the game - SOASE: Rebellion. The arrival of the GOG version will coincide with the most refined version to date.

Thanks for the support!

-Blair (developer at Ironclad Games)
Post edited November 22, 2015 by fyst
fyst: Wow, I love the excitement! Makes me think I should have done this sooner :) Moving the Sins of a Solar Empire series over was basically waiting on my approval and time in my schedule to make the necessary code changes (which are significant). Anyways, I worked on them for quite awhile and I'm quite happy with the results so I hope you will be too.

But that's not all...

Not only is the Sins of a Solar Empire series coming to GOG but working on the conversion also inspired me to make a number of much requested improvements, fixes and optimizations to the latest version of the game - SOASE: Rebellion. The arrival of the GOG version will coincide with the most refined version to date.

Thanks for the support!

-Blair (developer at Ironclad Games)
Looking forward to it. I've been away from this wonderful series for too long, and am looking forward to jumping back in.
But fortunately this is now to come here. I'm actually looking forward to it.
Trilarion: But fortunately this is now to come here. I'm actually looking forward to it.
Yes Fallen Enchantres: Legendary Heroes should be really good. I do hope it comes with all the dlc included though. Or at least a good offer on it.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: Yes Fallen Enchantres: Legendary Heroes should be really good. I do hope it comes with all the dlc included though. Or at least a good offer on it.
LH just got an Ultimate Edition recently, which contains both LH, the original FE, and all DLC. If anything, Stardock is probably going to release that one here.
Welcome, Stardock.

I bought GC2 on your Impulse platform, and that's now defunct, so I no longer have access to that game.

You would score tremendous brownie points if you gave your Impulse customers keys to their games on GOG.
Shadowcat: Welcome, Stardock.

I bought GC2 on your Impulse platform, and that's now defunct, so I no longer have access to that game.

You would score tremendous brownie points if you gave your Impulse customers keys to their games on GOG.
The same if we could redeem games from Stardock accounts on gog and not just on Steam.
Impressive. I'm pretty sure most of the Founders on GOG are pleasantly surprised by this news.

Now that they have finally gone full steam on GOG, I don't mind spending again to rebuild my old Impulse collection on GOG. Could be my own way of saying, "Sit on it and rotate, Valve."

Also:

"1337 DRM-FREE GAMES"

Sneaky Stardock, you. Perfectly timed.
Attachments:
Shadowcat: Welcome, Stardock.

Well we can download GC2 from stardock directly, along with other stardock games we bought

https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products
Keiyan: Stardock betrayed the players once.
Well, does the name Impulse ring a bell ? Along with the promise of staying DRM free, kinda the same GOG have, but stardock simply broke it of a (hefty) sum of money, sold the platform to gamestop, moved to steam and embraced DRM to the fullest.

Games I owned on Impulse, DRM free (such as Supreme Commander, Titan quest, Dragon age...) have been all replaced by steam keys. Kinda not the thing I've put my money on at the start, you see ?

So no, I don't talk about Elemental. They failed on this one, but made for it. I'm speaking on stardock, as a company, breaking its word and selling DRM free games just to have them replaced by steam keys later.

What I'm pointing is the fact that nothing at all guarantee us that they won't make the same move twice and replace your beloved DRM free GOG-bought games by Steam (or Origin, or whatever) keys.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...

Keiyan, still bruised.